NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER. The entry period for the “Believe in Monsters Halloween Costume Contest” (the “Contest”) starts October 22, 2012 at 12:00PM Central Time (“CT”) and ends on November 4 at 5:00PM CT. You must have a Facebook account and internet access to enter the Contest. You can sign up for a Facebook account for free at http://www.facebook.com/. To enter the Contest, sign in to your Facebook account and visit the Chicago Bears Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/ChicagoBears. Click on the “Costume Contest” tab. Then click on “Enter Contest” and complete the entry form (“Entry Form”). The Entry Form will ask you to upload a photograph of yourself, your child or pet dressed as your favorite monster or in your best Bears gear (“Photograph”). Entrant’s Photographs will be displayed on Facebook in the Chicago Bears Believe in Monsters Contest application (the “Application”). Limit one (1) entry per person per Entry Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all legal residents of the United States ages 18 years and over as of October 22, 2012, unless prohibited in the state. Employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of the Chicago Bears Football Club, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Motorola Mobility, Wildfire Interactive, Facebook, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, wholesalers, retailers, distributers, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, daughter, son, step-father, step-mother, step-daughter, step-son, step-brother, step-sister, half-brother, half-sister) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law
3. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner (the “Winner”) will receive a Monsters of the Midway throwback jersey autographed by Brandon Marshall, a Chicago Bears Traditions t-shirt, a Chicago Bears Traditions hat, and a Droid RAZR M by Motorola. Approximate retail value of the grand prize is $400. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the grand prize or any portion thereof with another of equal value should any unforeseen circumstances occur. All state, federal, and local taxes or other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the Winner. No prize substitutions or cash redemption will be made except Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: Six (6) entrants will be selected by Sponsor as finalists from among the eligible entries received (“Finalists”). Sponsors shall select the Finalists that it believes, in its sole discretion, uploaded the best photos. Sponsor may take fan feedback into account in selecting the Finalists. All decisions of Sponsor are final. The Finalists will be announced in the Application no later than November 5, 2012 at 12:00PM CT (“Finalist Announcement”). Finalists will not be individually notified of their selection as Finalists. Beginning on November 5, 2012, individuals will be able to go to the Application and vote for their favorite Finalist. Voting will end on November 9, 2012 at 5:00PM CT (“End of Voting Period”). The Finalist who receives the most votes between the Finalist Announcement and the End of the Voting Period will be the Winner. The Winner will be notified by email or through Facebook on or about November 9, 2012.
The unavailability of a Winner to be reached after a reasonable (as determined solely by Sponsor) effort has been made may constitute forfeiture of being a Winner, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and a new Winner may be selected from the remaining Finalists. In addition, if a Winner is selected as the Winner and subsequently becomes unavailable to receive the grand prize he/she will be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and a new Winner may be selected to receive the grand prize.
For the name of the Winner, available after November 9, 2012, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Chicago Bears Football Club, Inc., Attn: Believe in Monsters Halloween Costume Contest – Winner, 1920 Football Drive, Lake Forest, Illinois 60045.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/DISCLAIMERS: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ALL ENTRANTS AGREE TO FOREVER WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE SPONSOR, FACEBOOK, THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, MOTOROLA MOBILITY, AS WELL AS EACH RESPECTIVE PARTIES OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, CONTRACTORS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS AND INSURERS (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASED PARTIES”) FOR AND FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEBTS, LIABILITIES, DEMANDS, OBLIGATIONS, COSTS, FEES, EXPENSES, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION WHATSOEVER, OF EVERY NATURE, CHARACTER AND DESCRIPTION (COLLECTIVE, “CLAIMS”), KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL THOSE ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE CONTEST; THESE OFFICIAL RULES; ENTRANT’S ENTRY; THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES; THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE; AND ANY PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. IN ADDITION, EACH ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) INCOMPLETE, LOST, LATE, MISDIRECTED OR ILLEGIBLE ENTRIES OR FOR FAILURE TO RECEIVE ENTRIES DUE TO ANY CAUSE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, HUMAN, TRANSMISSION, OR TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, FAILURES, OR MALFUNCTIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER ORIGINATING WITH SENDER OR OTHERWISE, THAT MAY LIMIT AN ENTRANT’S ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST; OR (II) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND/OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES AND DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO, LOSS OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, OR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES RELATED TO OR BASED ON THE ENTRANT’S RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, OR THE ENTRANT’S CLAIM THAT HE OR SHE HAS SOMEHOW BEEN DEFAMED OR PORTRAYED IN A FALSE LIGHT.)
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT HE OR SHE OWNS AND/OR HAS THE AUTHORITY TO RELEASE THE CLAIMS STATED HEREIN. FURTHER, BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY OR ACCEPTING THE GRAND PRIZE, ALL ENTRANTS AND THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER EXPRESSLY AGREE TO AT ALL TIMES DEFEND, HOLD HARMLESS, AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND DISBURSEMENTS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE CONTEST; THESE OFFICIAL RULES; ENTRANT’S ENTRY; THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES; THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE; AND ANY PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST.
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ENTRIES OR PRIZE NOTIFICATION EMAILS THAT ARE LOST, STOLEN, MISDIRECTED, GARBLED, DELAYED BY COMPUTER TRANSMISSION OR DAMAGED.
THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, ITS MEMBER PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUBS, NFL VENTURES, L.P., NFL PROPERTIES LLC, NFL ENTERPRISES LLC, NFL PRODUCTIONS LLC AND NFL INTERNATIONAL LLC AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “NFL ENTITIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED. THE NFL ENTITIES, OTHER THAN THE CHICAGO BEARS FOOTBALL CLUB, INC., HAVE NOT OFFERED OR SPONSORED THIS CONTEST IN ANY WAY.
6. OWNERSHIP OF PHOTOGRAPH: By participating in the Contest, each entrant warrants that he/she is the sole author and creator of the Photograph and has the authority to submit the Photograph for entry into the Contest. If the subject of the Photograph is a minor, the Entrant warrants that he or she is the parent or legal guardian of the subject minor and agrees to these official rules on behalf of the subject minor. Each Entrant further warrants that the Photograph is not copied in whole or in part from any other work and does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity.
7. PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, each entrant irrevocably grants the Released Parties the right to use each such entrant’s name, Photograph, image, video, biographical information, in any and all media for any purpose, including, without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes and each entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any liability with respect thereto, except where prohibited. If the subject of the Photograph is a minor of the entrant, entrant hereby, on behalf of the minor subject, grants Sponsor the right to use the minor subject’s name, image, and biographical information in connection with this Contest. By entering this Contest, each entrant grants Sponsor the right to utilize each the entrant’s contact information provided by entrant in the entry form and Application to contact entrant for any reason via Facebook, email, and/or mail. Completion of the entry form constitutes assent to these written terms.
8. ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMERS: The Released Parties are not responsible and/or liable for: any lost, late, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, or postage-due mail; technical or mechanical malfunctions; or errors in these Official Rules or in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials, whether caused by the Released Parties, the entrant, or any of the equipment associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest and which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void entries of any entrants who Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest.
If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, without limitation, because of a printing error, human error, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other cause which corrupt or threaten to corrupt or adversely affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest, including awarding the prizes from among eligible entries received prior to the date of the cancellation, modification or suspension. All participants, as a condition of entry, agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify any person it believes has violated these Official Rules. Participants further agree to not knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Contest and/or prevent others from using the Contest. Any person who supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means, or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these official rules in an attempt to obtain any prize will forfeit any prize won and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
9. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE ENTRANTS, SPONSOR OR RELEASED PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
10. OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of the Official Rules please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Chicago Bears Football Club, Inc., Attn: Believe in Monsters Halloween Costume Contest, 1920 Football Drive, Lake Forest, Illinois 60045. Requests must be received by December 31, 2012.
11. FACEBOOK: The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not Facebook. Do not direct any questions, comments, or complaints to Facebook.
12. SPONSOR: Chicago Bears Football Club, Inc., 1920 Football Drive, Lake Forest, Illinois 60045.