ChicagoBears.com brings you stats and figures from Sunday's season-ending loss against the Packers at Soldier Field.
FORTE TOTALS 157 YARDS, 3 TOUCHDOWNS; FINISHES SEASON WITH 1,933 YARDS, 12 TDs:
• Bears RB
• For the 2013 season, Forte finished with a career-high 1,933 yards from scrimmage, fifth most in franchise single-season history and more than any other player other than Hall of Famer Walter Payton.
• Forte also finished 2013 with a career-high nine rushing touchdowns and added three receiving scores to give him 12 touchdowns overall this season, tied for the most in his NFL career (2008; eight rushing and four receiving).
• It was just the second game of Forte's career in which he had a rushing touchdown and receiving touchdown in a single game (October 5, 2008 at Detroit).
• It was also the second time in his career totaling three touchdowns overall in a single game (three rushing touchdowns on October 20, 2013 at Washington).
FORTE HAS 110 RUSHING YARDS TO TOTAL CAREER-HIGH 1,339 RUSHING ON SEASON:
• Bears RB Matt Forte had 110 rushing yards and two touchdowns on 22 carries (5.0 ypc) in Week 17 versus Green Bay.
• Forte finished the regular season setting career-highs in rushing yards (1,339) and rushing touchdowns (nine) on 289 carries (4.6 ypc). The 1,339 rushing yards are ninth highest in franchise single-season history and more than any Bears player other than Hall of Famer Walter Payton.
• The nine rushing touchdowns are the most by a Bears player since Thomas Jones had nine in 2005.
• Week 17 was the 20th 100-yard rushing game of Forte's career, tying him with Hall of Famer Gale Sayers for the second most in franchise history, trailing Hall of Famer Walter Payton's 77. The Bears are 17-3 (.850) in games which Forte rushes for 100 yards or more.
CUTLER HAS 103.8 PASSER RATING VS. GB; 89.2 ON SEASON:
• Bears QB
• It was just the third time in Cutler's NFL career in which his team lost when he had a 100-or-higher passer rating (28-3, .903) in 31 such contests including the postseason.
• On the season, Cutler finished with a career-high 89.2 passer rating completing 224-of-355 passing attempts for 2,621 yards, 19 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.
MARSHALL HAULS IN 12TH TOUCHDOWN OF 2013 SEASON:
• Bears WR
• Marshall finished the season with 100 receptions for 1,295 yards and a career-high 12 touchdown receptions. The 12 touchdown receptions are tied for the third most in franchise history, trailing the 13 by Ken Kavanaugh (1947) and Dick Gordon (1970). It was the most touchdown receptions by a Bears player since Curtis Conway had 12 in 1995.
• It was his fifth season with 100 or more receptions and second in two seasons as a member of the Bears (also had 100 receptions from 2007-09 with Denver). Marshall's five seasons with 100 or more receptions tie him with Wes Welker and Andre Johnson for the most in NFL history. Marshall is the first player in franchise history with multiple 100 receptions seasons.
JEFFERY HAS 80 RECEIVING YARDS VS. GB; TOTALS 1,421 RECEIVING YARDS IN 2013:
• Bears WR Alshon Jeffery had three receptions for 80 yards in Week 17 versus Green Bay, including a 67-yard reception (the second longest of his career) which set-up a one-yard touchdown run for RB Matt Forte.
• Jeffery finished his second NFL season with 89 receptions for 1,421 yards (16.0 ypc) and seven touchdowns.
• His 1,421 yards were second most in franchise single-season history to Brandon Marshall's 1,508 in 2012. His 89 receptions were sixth most.
CONTE HAS PICK IN END ZONE:
• Bears S
• It was the second goal-to-go takeaway for Chicago this season (12/1 at MIN,
• It was just the fourth red zone interception of Rodgers' career.
JENNINGS HAS 4TH INT OF SEASON:
• Bears CB
• Jennings' four interceptions are second most in his NFL career to the nine he had last season.