Coming to the Game - Bears vs. Packers | Chicago Bears Official Website
It is highly recommended for fans to arrive at least three hours before kickoff on Thursday.
The NFL Kickoff Experience at Grant Park takes place from noon until 7pm and will affect traffic around the stadium.
Parking lots open
Will Call opens outside of Gate 10
Miller Lite Bears Fan Zone Opens
Day of game ticket sales begin at the ticket booth outside Gate 10
Soldier Field gates open
Alcohol sales ends in general seating area
Alcohol sales ends in United Club and the Midway
United Club closes
Parking lots close
Your phone is your ticket. We strongly recommend the following important tips:
- Add your ticket(s) to your digital wallet before arrival (iOS)
- Charge your phone battery fully before heading to the stadium
- Transfer (forward) each attendee their own ticket in advance
- Have your mobile tickets ready before arriving to the gate
Beginning this season, all parking passes will be sent to fans electronically. Season pass and single game purchasers must print (in color) the appropriate pass prior to the game and bring it to the game.
The mobile parking pass must be visible to traffic aides when you are approaching the stadium – follow the suggested routes to each lot. Click here for the entrance routes map. Click here for the exit routes map.
Due to a show at McCormick Place, Lot B 31st St. may have limited cash parking (tailgating permitted).
Giveaway: Mike Ditka Bobblehead
Anthem: Jim Cornelison
Color Guard: Aurora Police Department
Flyover: Wings of Blue Parachute Team
Halftime: Sixteen Candles Band
Access the Chicago Bears A-Z Fan Guide for answers to all your Gameday questions.
If you see something suspicious, notify stadium personnel immediately.
PLEASE BE ADVISED ENHANCED SECURITY PROCEDURES WILL REQUIRE MORE TIME TO ENTER THE STADIUM. WALK-THROUGH METAL DETECTORS WILL BE USED AT ALL GATES.
Don't Wait, Get to the Gate. The Game Starts with the Anthem. Enhanced screening may require more time to enter the stadium. Guests are encouraged to enter the stadium early. Our gates open two hours prior to kickoff.
Certain items are not permitted to be brought into the stadium. Please refer to the Gameday A-Z Guide to view the complete list.
For information on parking in and around Soldier Field for Bears home games, please view the Parking & Transportation Guide.
For general information about getting to a Bears game, please contact Chicago Bears Fan Services at 888-79-BEARS (23277)
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Chicago-area emergency alerts at www.NotifyChicago.org.
Due to the NFL Kickoff Event at Grant Park, we suggest leaving plenty of time to drive to Soldier Field and avoid the Grant Park area if possible. Click here for review gameday reminders.
Full Street Closure schedule:
- E. Ida B. Wells (Congress) from Congress Plaza Drive to Columbus starting Aug. 31thru Sept 7th.
- Columbus Drive from Balbo thru Jackson – Closed after morning rush hour on Sept. 4th. through after morning rush on Sept. 6th.
- E. Congress Plaza Drive from Harrison to Van Buren closed after AM Rush on Sept. 5th until 11:59:59 PM on Sept. 5th
Suggested alternative routes:
- If you are driving from the north, avoid the Grant Park area and use Monroe to go east to Lake Shore Drive.
- Avoid Jackson east of Michigan, to go east to Lake Shore Drive, as there will be intermittent closures.
- If you are on Ida B. Wells, formerly Congress Parkway, it will be closed east of Michigan. You can take a right onto Michigan and proceed south to Balbo.
- If you are on Michigan Ave. going southbound, take a left at Balbo to avoid potential congestion at Roosevelt Road.
- If you are driving on Balbo, east of Michigan, take a right on Columbus and proceed south to the stadium.
- ADA bus transportation from Millennium Park – current plan is to use Lake Shore Drive – back-up plan has buses using the McCormick Express lane to 25th St. – exit to Martin Luther King and approach the stadium from 31st St.
- Post-game traffic pattern will be the usual pattern for Bears games.
The Jayne Byrne Circle Interchange Reconstruction Project may affect driving times to and from the game:
- Southbound I-90/94 exit to Taylor St. / Roosevelt Rd. will be closed through late 2019. Traffic will be detoured to 18th St. to northbound I-90/94 to exit at Roosevelt Rd. Access to the ramp from eastbound I-290 will remain open.
- Westbound I-290 / Congress to southbound I-90/94 is closed through November. Traffic will be detoured to northbound I-90/94 where it will turn around at Augusta Blvd. and re-enter southbound I-90/94.
- Westbound I-290 Morgan St. exit is closed through Fall of 2019.
- Paving operations on Lake Shore Drive from Aug. 26 to Oct. 7 will reduce traffic to two lanes in each direction (north and southbound) between Grand Ave. and Monroe St.
Please follow the direction of traffic aides if alternative routes become necessary due to area road construction projects or traffic conditions. We strongly suggest leaving more time to drive to Bears games.
The Chicago Bears Official Mobile App has integrated with Waze to provide Bears fans with real-time driving directions to specific parking lots around Soldier Field.
Ticket Advisory: To avoid counterfeit tickets, we suggest that fans purchase tickets directly from the Chicago Bears Ticket Office or from Ticketmaster. The selling and purchasing of game tickets on Park District property is prohibited. Both the seller AND purchaser are subject to arrest.
NFL Huddle for 100: The Bears and Soldier Field are partnering with the NFL's Huddle for 100 and we want YOU to join us for a clean start to the season with a cleaner tailgate! Put litter in its place and recycle empty cans and bottles in "Huddle" branded trashcans located in your tailgate area. Snap a photo of your cleanup efforts and share on Twitter using #NFLHuddlefor100 #Sweepstakes to make your earth-friendly tailgate count and to enter for a chance to win prizes that include a VIP trip to Super Bowl LIV! NFL Huddle crews will be in select lots with rolling recycling and trash bins, so be on the lookout and get in the game!
Miller Lite Chicago Bears Fan Zone
Visit the Miller Lite Bears Fan Zone in the Stadium Green in the southeast and southwest lawns outside Gate 0 from 4:45-6:45 pm. The Fan Zone will include appearances by alumni, Staley Da Bear, Chicago Bears Drumline brought to you by The Pride Stores and Monster Squad brought to you by Planters, in addition to a live music performance by Brass Buckle Band. The area will also include Miller Lite's Mobile Bar, football-related games, two face painters and other interactive displays from Campbell's, Chicago Sun-Times, Dunkin', Ford, and Hyundai, where Matt Forte will make an appearance. WBBM Newsradio 780 & 105.9FM will also broadcast live from the Southwest lawn. Kids can participate in Mini Monsters Clinic brought to you by Advocate Health Care where Bears Alum Jim Morrissey is scheduled to appear from 5:30-6:30 pm. Also, Bears Alumni Steve McMichael & Kurt Becker will be at Dive & Catch from 5:30-6:30pm *Alumni appearances are subject to change and activities are weather permitting.
Miller Lite Chicago Bears Ultimate Tailgate
The Miller Lite Ultimate Tailgate is located on the north side of Soldier Field on the Field Museum terrace and is open from 4 p.m. until 1 hour after the game ends. The Ultimate Tailgate, which is free and open to the public, will feature music by DJ Marquee, appearances by Chicago Bears Drumline brought to you by The Pride Stores, tailgate games and TVs; food and beverage will be available for purchase.
NFL Kickoff Experience
Head to Grant Park for the NFL Kickoff Experience starting at 12 pm to celebrate Kickoff and the Bears 100th season. Bears Legends, Richard Dent, Matt Forte, Jim McMahon and Charles Tillman are scheduled to appear. Click here for more details.
Catch a live broadcast of SiriusXM Radio's Movin' the Chains with Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller in the Dr Pepper Patio starting at 5:30 PM!
Featured Food and Beverage
50% off Regular Hot Dogs and 20oz Bottled Water for Season Ticket Holders through Bears Access. Order. Scan. Save.
The Midway – open to the public during Preseason – for indoor hospitality, including specialty food stations, full service bars, dedicated restrooms, a live DJ and plenty of flat screen TVs. Open before, during and after the game on the west side mezzanine level behind sections 136 and 138.
Chicago Bears PNC Visa Debit Card Holder In-Stadium Discounts
- 20% off their merchandise purchase at all three Pro Shop locations (exclusions apply, discount not valid at portable merchandise trailers)
- 20% off their entire concession purchase (excluding alcohol)
- Visit pnc.com/bearscard for more details
Bringing a young fan to their first game? Visit a Fan Services booth for a FREE "My First Bears Game" certificate. Also available, "It's My First Game!" or "It's My Birthday!" decals to proudly display while enjoying the game.
Community All-Pros: Learn more about the Community All Pros.
Bears Access - under Gameday in the Chicago Bears Official App brought to you by Verizon - is a digital enhancement to your Bears event and Gameday experience featuring a concession discount card for Season Ticket Holders, Designated Driver registration, and secure digital event waivers (for you and your children) that can be signed in advance to save time waiting in line for Bears activities.
Bears Free WiFi: Fans can connect to the Bears FREE WiFi network.
Rideshare Designated Drop Off and Pick Up Locations:
Uber is the preferred ride of the Chicago Bears. For a seamless experience, head to the following locations to make your request:
- Pre-game drop-off locations: ONLY at the 18th St. Turnaround just west of Lake Shore Drive and on Balbo Dr. between Columbus Dr. and LSD north of Soldier Field
- Post-game pickup locations: ONLY at Balbo Dr. between Columbus Dr. and LSD north of Soldier Field
Hotel accommodations are available near Soldier Field. Click here to find nearby hotels. The Chicago Bears prefer Hilton.