Following Sunday's win against the Bills, here are some noteworthy facts, figures and stats about the game and the season to this point.
- RB Jordan Howard now has 20 career rushing TDs after two more on Sunday. Only Hall of Famer Walter Payton (34) had more rushing touchdowns in his first 3 seasons for the Bears in the Super Bowl era.
- In 11 career games versus AFC opponents, Howard now owns 970 rushing yards on 215 carries (4.5 avg) with 11 touchdowns.
- Over the last five games, QB Mitchell Trubisky has totaled 1,596 yards of total offense and has accounted for 15 TDs. He has passed for 1,358 yards, 14 TDs and 4 INT for a 108.3 rating and has rushed for 238 yards on 24 carries with one TD.
- Trubisky ranks second in the NFL among QBs with 302 rushing yards, trailing Carolina's Cam Newton (342).
- Trubisky has 16 touchdown passes on the season, which is tied for the third most by a Bears QB through the first 9 weeks of the season.
- RB Tarik Cohen has 621 all-purpose yards over the past five games. He has 24 catches for 358 yards and 3 TDs and 35 rushes for 143 yards and a score to go along with 120 punt return yards.
- Cohen ranks fourth among NFL running backs with 406 receiving yards.
- Cohen leads all NFL running backs with five catches of at least 25 yards.
- TE Trey Burton leads the team with five TD receptions, which is tied for third in the NFL among tight ends this season.
- The Bears are No. 5 in the NFL in scoring at 29.4 ppg
- Over the past five games the Bears are averaging 34.4 ppg, fourth most in the NFL.
- The 172 total points scored by the Bears the past five games are the most since scoring 175 in Weeks 2-5 in in 1989.
- The Bears have outscored their opponents by a +74 margin the past five games.
- DB Eddie Jackson returned a Buffalo fumble 65 yards for the score in the second quarter Sunday. The touchdown marked Jackson's second career fumble recovery for a touchdown and his third return for a score of his young career. Since 1970, the only other player with 3+ defensive touchdowns of 65+ yards in a 2-season span is Deion Sanders (3 in 1994).
- DB Kyle Fuller hauled in his fourth interception on the season at Buffalo, picking off Nathan Peterman with :08 seconds to go in the third quarter. All four of Fuller's interceptions have come in Weeks 6-9. The four interceptions this season match a season-high after tallying four picks in his 2014 rookie season. Sunday's interception was Fuller's 12th career pick.
As a team, the Bears are:
- No. 1 in the NFL with 82 points off takeaways
- No. 2 in the NFL with 21 total takeaways
- No. 2 in the NFL with +10 TO margin
- No. 2 in the NFL with 14 interceptions
- T-No. 2 in the NFL with 11 forced fumbles
- Chicago recorded its third three-interception game of the season at Buffalo.
- Chicago has forced multiple turnovers in seven of its eight games this season.
- Chicago has only allowed 16 opponent drives into the red zone this season, the fewest in the NFL.
- Chicago is second in the NFL in opponent 3 & out percentage (.280) and third in fewest first downs allowed (140).
- Chicago allowed its first rushing touchdown this season. They lead the league in 2018 and remain one of just three Bears defenses all-time to make it through the first 9 weeks of an NFL season.
- The Bears are 5-0 this season when holding opponents under 24 points.