Kids Club Jr. Reporter Contest Rules | Chicago Bears Official Website
2019 Chicago Bears Kids Club Jr. Reporter Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER: The entry period for the 2019 Chicago Bears Kids Club Jr. Reporter Contest (the "Contest") starts Thursday May 16, 2019 at 9:00 AM Central Time ("CT") and ends on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 12:00 PM CT. You may enter one (1) or more of your children or legal wards in the Contest. To enter your child in the Contest, your child must be a member of the Chicago Bears Kids Club. You can sign your child up for a free Chicago Bears Kids Club membership at https://www.chicagobears.com/kidsclub. Membership is limited to children between the ages of 5 and 12. To enter the Contest, complete the entry form available at: https://www.chicagobears.com/sweepstakes/kid-zone/kids-club-junior-reporter ("Entry Form") and upload a one (1) minute or shorter video of your child explaining why he or she wants to be a junior Chicago Bears reporter ("Video").
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all legal residents of the United States ages 18 years and over as of May 16, 2019, who has a child or legal ward who is a member of the Chicago Bears Kids Club. Employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of The Chicago Bears Football Club, Inc. ("Sponsor" or "Chicago Bears"), New Albertson's Inc. on behalf of Jewel-Osco, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, wholesalers, retailers, distributers, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, daughter, son, step-father, step-mother, step-daughter, step-son, step-brother, step-sister, half-brother, half-sister) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
3. PRIZE: One (1) winner ("Prize Winner") will receive the following prize ("Prize"):
(a) Tour of Halas Hall, including the Inside the Bears set, for the Prize Winner and one (1) parent or legal guardian on a mutually agreed upon date ("Event");
(b) Opportunity to interview one (1) Chicago Bears player, as determined by Sponsor, on the date of the Event;
(c) Opportunity to meet one of the Inside the Bears co-hosts on the date of the Event;
(d) Bears merchandise; and
(e) Autographed helmet by a Chicago Bears player, as determined by Sponsor.
The approximate retail value of the prize is $450. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another of equal value should any unforeseen circumstances occur. All state, federal, and local taxes or other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner's parent or legal guardian. No Prize substitutions or cash redemption will be made except in Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize is non-transferable.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: Sponsor will select one (1) Prize Winner from among the eligible entries received. Entries will be judged based on (i) creativity, (ii) Chicago Bears fandom, (iii) clarity, and (iv) on-camera presence. Sponsor will select the Prize Winner based on the judgement criteria and its sole discretion. Sponsor will notify the parent or legal guardian of the Prize Winner using the email address or phone number provided by the parent or legal guardian on the Entry Form. The unavailability of the Prize Winner's parent or legal guardian to be reached after a reasonable (as determined solely by Sponsor) effort has been made may constitute forfeiture of the prize, at Sponsor's sole discretion, and a new Prize Winner may be selected by Sponsor.
5. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Contest, each Entrant accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respect. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between these Official Rules and any advertisement, promotional or marketing materials, or other announcements relating to the Contest, these Official Rules govern. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest at any time. Sponsor may amend these Official Rules by posting such amended Official Rules on www.chicagobears.com.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/DISCLAIMERS: BY ENTERING HIS OR HER CHILD INTO CONTEST, EACH PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN AGREES ON BEHALF OF HIMSELF/HERSELF AND HIS/HER CHILD TO forever waive, release, discharge, and covenant not to sue Sponsor, the National Football League, JEWEL OSCO, INC., as well as each respective party's owners, employees, agents, attorneys, directors, officers, shareholders, contractors, successors, assigns and insurers (collectively "Released Parties") for and from any and all claims, debts, liabilities, demands, obligations, costs, fees, expenses, actions, causes of action whatsoever, of every nature, character and description (collective, "Claims"), known and unknown, including, but not limited to, all those arising out of or in any way related to the CONTEST; these Official Rules; Entrant's Entry; the negligence of any of the Released Parties; the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; and any participation in the CONTEST. In addition, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Released Parties are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to any cause, including without limitation, human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender or otherwise, that may limit an entrant's ability to participate in the CONTEST; or (ii) any injury or damage resulting from participation in the CONTEST and/or the use or misuse of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the entrant's rights of publicity or privacy, or the entrant's claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light.)
By submitting an Entry, Entrant represents and warrants that he or she owns and/or has the authority to release the Claims stated herein. Further, by submitting an Entry or accepting any prize, all Entrants and WinnerS expressly agree to at all times defend, hold harmless, and indemnify the Released Parties from and against all Claims of any kind or nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys' fees and disbursements) arising out of or in any way related to the CONTEST; these Official Rules; Entrant's Entry; the negligence of any of the Released Parties; the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; and any participation in the CONTEST.
The National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Productions LLC and NFL International LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the "NFL Entities") will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this CONTEST or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities, OTHER THAN THE CHICAGO BEARS FOOTBALL CLUB, INC., have not offered or sponsored this CONTEST in any way.
7. PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, each entrant irrevocably grants the Released Parties the right to use each such entrant and his or her child's name, photograph, image, video, biographical information, in any and all media for any purpose, including, without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes and each entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any liability with respect thereto, except where prohibited. By entering this Contest, entrant permits the Released Parties to utilize entrant's contact information provided by entrant to contact entrant for any reason via phone, email, and/or mail. Entrance into the Contest constitutes assent to these written terms.
8. ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMERS:The Released Parties are not responsible and/or liable for: any lost, late, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, or postage-due mail; technical or mechanical malfunctions; or errors in these Official Rules or in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials, whether caused by the Released Parties, the entrant, or any of the equipment associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest and which may limit a participant's ability to participate in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void entries of any entrants who Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest.
If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, without limitation, because of a printing error, human error, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other cause which corrupt or threaten to corrupt or adversely affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest, including awarding the prizes from among eligible entries received prior to the date of the cancellation, modification or suspension. All participants, as a condition of entry, agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify any entry that it believes violates these Official Rules. Participants further agree to not knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Contest and/or prevent others from using the Contest. Any person who supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means, or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these official rules in an attempt to obtain any prize will forfeit any prize won and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
9. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE ENTRANTS, SPONSOR OR RELEASED PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE'S LAWS.
10. OFFICIAL RULES:For a copy of these Official Rules visit https://www.chicagobears.com/sweepstakes/kid-zone/kids-club-junior-reporter or send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Chicago Bears, Attn: Malcolm Neely, 2019 Jr. Reporter Contest – Official Rules, 1920 Football Drive, Lake Forest, IL 60045. Requests must be received by May 28, 2018.
11. SPONSOR: The Chicago Bears Football Club, Inc., 1920 Football Drive, Lake Forest, Illinois 60045.