STH Super Bowl Sweepstakes Rules | Chicago Bears Official Website
2019 STH SUPER BOWL TICKETS CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Enter online via the Chicago Bears website at: https://www.chicagobears.com/sweepstakes/sth-super-bowl. Please complete the online form by nominating someone you would like to take to the Super Bowl ("Guest") and explain in one hundred (100) words the reason(s) why you would take this Guest to the Super Bowl ("Entry"). Entrants may only enter the contest once. The online Entry must be an original submission by Entrant and cannot have been published in any other mass publication and or otherwise considered to be plagiarized work. Entrants must have the written permission of the Guest, or of the Guest's parent or legal guardian if Guest is under the age of eighteen (18) years old, to name Guest in the Entry.
The 2019 STH Super Bowl Tickets Contest (the "Contest") starts October 23, 2019 at 9:00AM Central Time ("CT") and ends on October 31, 2019 at 12:00PM CT. You must have an active Chicago Bears season ticket account as of October 22, 2019 to enter the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all legal residents of the United States ages 18 years and over who are valid Chicago Bears season ticket holder as of October 23, 2019. Employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of The Chicago Bears Football Club, Inc. ("Sponsor" or "Chicago Bears"), the National Football League, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, wholesalers, retailers, distributers, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, daughter, son, step-father, step-mother, step-daughter, step-son, step-brother, step-sister, half-brother, half-sister) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
3. PRIZE: One (1) grand prize winner (the "Grand Prize Winner") will receive the following prizes (collectively, the "Grand Prize"):
- Domestic Round Trip Airfare for two (2) from Chicago, Illinois to Fort Lauderdale / Miami, Florida area (Friday, January 31, 2020 / Monday, February 3, 2020);
- Hotel accommodations for the Grand Prize Winner and one guest ("Guest") for three (3) nights (Friday, January 31, 2020 / Monday, February 3, 2020) at a hotel in the Miami, Florida area ("Hotel");
- Two (2) tickets to Super Bowl 54 on February 2, 2020 at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida ("Game");
- A per diem of fifty dollars ($50.00) per person, per day three hundred dollars ($300.00) total to be used for ground transportation, food, and beverage; and
- Two (2) Elite "retail authentic" Chicago Bears jerseys; and
- NFL Experiences (TBD).
In order to be eligible for the Grand Prize, Grand Prize Winner will be required to take the Guest nominated in the entry form. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $3,950. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any part of the Grand Prize with another of equal value should any unforeseen circumstances occur. All state, federal, and local taxes or other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. No substitutions or cash redemption will be made except in Sponsor's sole discretion. The Grand Prize is non-transferable.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: Entries will be judged by Sponsor in a single period between November 4, 2019 and November 15, 2019 ("Judging Period"). The Grand Prize Winner will be determined in Sponsor's sole discretion. Entries will be judged based on the writing quality, clarity of the message, and originality. Entries must be believable, and sincerity should be evident in the submission. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected by Sponsor on or about November 15, 2019 from among all eligible entries received. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email or telephone on or about November 15, 2019. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
The unavailability of the Grand Prize Winner to be reached after a reasonable (as determined solely by Sponsor) effort has been made may constitute forfeiture of being a Grand Prize Winner, at Sponsor's sole discretion, and a new Grand Prize Winner and Guest may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. In addition, if the Grand Prize Winner and Guest are selected and either Grant Prize Winner or Guest subsequently become unavailable to receive the Grand Prize, he/she will be disqualified at Sponsor's sole discretion and a new Grand Prize Winner and Guest may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. The Grand Prize Winner and Guest must agree and be available to participate in media interviews as determined by Sponsor and the National Football League. In Sponsor or the NFL's discretion, the Grand Prize Winner and Guest may be required to sign a participation agreement and/or additional publicity release prior to participating in the NFL Experiences. During the NFL Experiences, the Grand Prize Winner and Guest agree to act in compliance with all of Sponsor's and the NFL's rules and standards, including but not limited to (1) displaying appropriate credentials; (2) refraining from unruly, loud and/or disruptive behavior; and (3) avoiding showing up in an intoxicated state or otherwise displaying signs of alcohol consumption or use of any controlled dangerous substances. Failure to comply with any of the above may result in forfeiture of all or part of the Grand Prize.
For the name of the Grand Prize Winner, available after November 15, 2019, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 2019 STH Super Bowl Tickets Contest Winner, Attn: Brendan Pierce, 1920 Football Drive, Lake Forest, IL 60045.
5. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Contest, each Entrant accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respect. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between these Official Rules and any advertisement, promotional or marketing materials, or other announcements relating to the Contest, these Official Rules govern. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest at any time. Sponsor may amend these Official Rules by posting such amended Official Rules on www.chicagobears.com.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/DISCLAIMERS: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ALL ENTRANTS AGREE TO FOREVER WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE SPONSOR, AND THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, AS WELL AS THEIR OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, CONTRACTORS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS AND INSURERS (COLLECTIVELY "RELEASED PARTIES") FOR AND FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEBTS, LIABILITIES, DEMANDS, OBLIGATIONS, COSTS, FEES, EXPENSES, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION WHATSOEVER, OF EVERY NATURE, CHARACTER AND DESCRIPTION (COLLECTIVELY, "CLAIMS"), KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL THOSE ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE CONTEST; THESE OFFICIAL RULES; ENTRANT'S ENTRY; THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES; THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE GRAND PRIZE; AND ANY PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. IN ADDITION, EACH ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) INCOMPLETE, LOST, LATE, MISDIRECTED OR ILLEGIBLE ENTRIES OR FOR FAILURE TO RECEIVE ENTRIES DUE TO ANY CAUSE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, HUMAN, TRANSMISSION, OR TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, FAILURES, OR MALFUNCTIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER ORIGINATING WITH SENDER OR OTHERWISE, THAT MAY LIMIT AN ENTRANT'S ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST; OR (II) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND/OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF THE GRAND PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES AND DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO, LOSS OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, OR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES RELATED TO OR BASED ON THE ENTRANT'S RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, OR THE ENTRANT'S CLAIM THAT HE OR SHE HAS SOMEHOW BEEN DEFAMED OR PORTRAYED IN A FALSE LIGHT.)
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT HE OR SHE OWNS AND/OR HAS THE AUTHORITY TO RELEASE THE CLAIMS STATED HEREIN. FURTHER, BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY OR ACCEPTING ANY PRIZE, ALL ENTRANTS AND PRIZE WINNERS EXPRESSLY AGREE TO AT ALL TIMES DEFEND, HOLD HARMLESS, AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND DISBURSEMENTS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE CONTEST; THESE OFFICIAL RULES; ENTRANT'S ENTRY; THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES; THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE GRAND PRIZE; AND ANY PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST.
THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, ITS MEMBER PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUBS, NFL VENTURES, L.P., NFL PROPERTIES LLC, NFL ENTERPRISES LLC, NFL PRODUCTIONS LLC AND NFL INTERNATIONAL LLC AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE "NFL ENTITIES") WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED. THE NFL ENTITIES, OTHER THAN THE CHICAGO BEARS FOOTBALL CLUB, INC., HAVE NOT OFFERED OR SPONSORED THIS CONTEST IN ANY WAY.
7. PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, each entrant irrevocably grants the Released Parties the right to use each such entrant's name, photograph, image, video, biographical information, in any and all media for any purpose, including, without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes and each entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any liability with respect thereto, except where prohibited. By entering this Contest, entrant permits the Released Parties to utilize entrant's contact information provided by entrant on the entry form to contact entrant for any reason via phone, email, and/or mail. Completion of the entry form constitutes assent to these written terms.
8. ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMERS: If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, without limitation, because of a printing error, human error, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other cause which corrupt or threaten to corrupt or adversely affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest, including awarding the Grand Prize from among eligible entries received prior to the date of the cancellation, modification or suspension. All participants, as a condition of entry, agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify any person it believes has violated these Official Rules. Entrants further agree to not knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Contest and/or prevent others from using the Contest. Any person who supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means, or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain the Grand Prize will forfeit the Grand Prize and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
9. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE ENTRANTS, SPONSOR OR RELEASED PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE'S LAWS. THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE RELATED TO THE CONTEST WILL BE IN LAKE COUNTY, ILLINOIS.
10. OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of the Official Rules please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 2019 STH Super Bowl Tickets Contest Official Rules, Attn: Brendan Pierce, 1920 Football Drive, Lake Forest, IL 60045.
11. SPONSOR: The Chicago Bears Football Club, Inc., 1920 Football Drive, Lake Forest, Illinois 60045.