The Bears-Packers NFL kickoff game on Thursday promises to be a fun and massive event. The increased number of fans visiting the lakefront will give attendees plenty to plan around as they make their way to the stadium Thursday.
Plan to arrive early.
A weekday night game, coupled with the NFL Kickoff event and watch party in nearby Grant Park, means that traffic is going to be tough. Parking lots open at 3:20 PM. Soldier Field gates open at 5:20. It is recommended that you plan your arrival to the stadium as early as possible. It bears mentioning that there will be plenty of activities surrounding the stadium, and the first 20,000 fans through the gate will receive a complimentary Mike Ditka bobblehead. Come early. Enjoy yourself. Earn your reward.
Remember mobile ticketing.
The Bears have adopted all-mobile ticketing for entry to Soldier Field. Fans are advised to be sure you have the most recent update of the Chicago Bears Official App brought to you by Verizon. It would also be a good idea to practice viewing and accessing your ticket on your phone before the game. It's best to avoid any surprises.
Take the best route.
Take note of the following adjustments to getting to Soldier Field
- If you are driving from the north, avoid the Grant Park area and use Monroe to go east to Lake Shore Drive.
- Avoid Jackson east of Michigan, to go east to Lake Shore Drive, as there will be intermittent closures.
- If you are on Ida B. Wells, formerly Congress Parkway, it will be closed east of Michigan. You can take a right onto Michigan and proceed south to Balbo.
- If you are on Michigan Ave, going S/B take a left at Balbo to avoid potential congestion at Roosevelt Road.
- If you are driving on Balbo, east of Michigan, take a right on Columbus and proceed south to the stadium.
- ADA bus transportation from Millennium Park – current plan is to use Lake Shore Drive – the back-up plan has buses using the McCormick Express lane to 25th St. – exiting to Martin Luther King and approaching the stadium from 31st St.
After the game, fans should experience regular post-game traffic. Please reference our Parking & Transportation Guide for maps and routes to guide fans into and out of Soldier Field parking lots.