The Bears are celebrating Back to Football week leading up to Sunday's season opener against the Green Bay Packers. Dr. Pepper and University of Phoenix join the Bears in bringing the following activities and offers to Bears fans across the area.
• Monday (9/7): The Bears will be participating in Fiestas Patrias at Plaza Garibaldi (26th and California) from Noon-5:00 p.m. in conjunction with Spanish language radio partner Univision. Attendees can stop by the ¡Vamos Bears! tent and receive special edition Back to Football Week Spanish language schedule posters and other ¡Vamos Bears! branded items.
- The Bears will host Season Ticket Holders at the Walter Payton Center for the "Bears Coaches Show" brought to you by McDonald's from 6:30-7:30 p.m. The show airs on WBBM Newsradio 780 and 105.9FM and will feature coach John Fox, president and CEO Ted Phillips and general manager Ryan Pace.
• Tuesday (9/8): The Bears are hosting a free Moms Football Safety Clinic at Halas Hall from 6:30-8:30 p.m. This clinic will provide a unique opportunity for moms of Chicago-area youth football players to learn firsthand from experts in sports medicine, hear from Bears and USA Football representatives, connect with Heads Up Football Advisory Board Members and hit the field at the Walter Payton Center for drills.
This free clinic will emphasize youth football player health and safety and will include education on concussion awareness, heat and hydration, and Heads Up Tackling techniques. The event is an interactive and educational forum designed to educate moms about how the game is being played safer and better than ever before. It will provide hands-on answers to moms and will allow them to engage with other moms on issues of mutual interest regarding youth sports safety.More information and registration can be found at www.chicagobears.com/community/football-safety-clinic-registration.html.
• Wednesday (9/9): Bears fans can follow up-to-the-minute Bears coverage through the team's official website (ChicagoBears.com), mobile or tablet apps and social media outlets (@ChicagoBears, @ChiBearsPromos and Facebook.com/ChicagoBears).
• Thursday (9/10): The second annual Super Bears Shuffle 5K powered by Power Plate will take place at Soldier Field at 6:30 p.m. Registration includes entry into the Super Bears Shuffle 5K, a Bears performance running shirt, an official finisher medal and Bears-branded race bib. Participants will enjoy a unique Bears-themed experience from start to finish, including a gameday-like atmosphere and entertainment from the Bears Drumline brought to you by McDonald's of Chicago and Northwest Indiana, Staley Da Bear, the Monster Squad brought to you by Dunkin' Donuts and much more. The Super Bears Shuffle 5K powered by Power Plate is a Fleet Feet Sports signature event brought to you by Dr Pepper and Miller Lite. Additional details and registration can be found at www.ChicagoBears.com/5K.
- Commuters traveling through Union Station (210 Canal Street) from 7:30-9:30 a.m. will have the chance to see Staley da Bear and the Bears Monster Squad brought to you by Dunkin' Donuts passing out giveaways plus a special photo opportunity with the Bears "Bear Down" letters.
• Friday (9/11): CBS Radio and the Bears welcome multiplatinum recording artists and Chicago natives Fall Out Boy to headline the 2015 Chicago Bears Miller Lite Kickoff Concert at Chicago's Park West beginning at 7 pm. The concert will give fans of Fall Out Boy and the Bears a chance to experience the chart-topping band in an intimate setting, fresh off their summer tour. The Miller Lite Bears Kickoff Concert is brought to you by LifeSource, ExxonMobil, Fox Ford Lincoln and Village of New Lennox. Additional details can be found at www.ChicagoBears.com/concert.
- Bears fans are encouraged to wear Bears blue & orange to celebrate Back to Football each Friday throughout the football season and show their pride by using #BearsBlueandOrange on social media.
- Commuters traveling through Ogilvie Station (500 W. Madison Street) from 7:30-9:30 a.m. will have the chance to meet the Bears Monster Squad brought to you by Dunkin' Donuts while they pass out giveaways and have a special photo opportunity with the Bears "Bear Down" letters.
• Sunday (9/13): The Chicago Bears Miller Lite Ultimate Tailgate brought to you by the Chicago Tribune kicks off the 2015 season. This free fan event will take place on the Southeast and Southwest lawn outside of Soldier Field during the Bears' first four regular-season home games, opening to the public two-and-a-half hours prior to kickoff. There will be alumni appearances during the event and the WBBM Newsradio 780 and 105.9FM pregame show will broadcast live on location. Fans can also enjoy various corporate partners display booths featuring free giveaways and food samples.