The Bears are celebrating Back to Football week leading up to Sunday's season opener against the Cincinnati Bengals. Dr. Pepper, University of Phoenix and Verizon join the Bears in bringing the following activities to Bears fans across the area:
• Monday (9/2): Fans tuned in to "The Bears Coaches Show brought to you by McDonald's" from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. on WBBM Newsradio 780AM and 105.9FM to hear from coach Marc Trestman, president and CEO Ted Phillips and general manager Phil Emery. The team hosted about 2,000 season ticket holders as a live audience for the show in the Walter Payton Center.
• Tuesday (9/3): The Bears will visit DePriest Elementary School (139 S. Parkside Avenue in Chicago), George Leland Elementary School (5221 W. Congress in Chicago), and Edward Ellington Elementary School 243 N Parkside Avenue in Chicago) to welcome children back to school. As part of this event, Bears receiver Alshon Jeffery and Staley Da Bear will deliver much-needed school supplies for teachers and students, books for the school resource centers, and fitness equipment for the school. Fans can join the Bears and Bears Care, the charitable beneficiary of the Bears, in supporting Chicago Public School students and teachers at www.DonorsChoose.org/bears-care.
• Wednesday (9/4): Emery will take part in a live chat with fans on ChicagoBears.com from noon to 1 p.m. Fans can also follow up-to-the-minute Bears coverage through the team's site and social media outlets (@ChicagoBears, @ChiBearsPromos and Facebook.com/ChicagoBears.com). In addition, press conferences from players and Trestman will be shown live on ChicagoBears.com throughout the day, and fans can follow @ChiBearsPromos for the latest contests and exclusive offers.
• Thursday (9/5): For the first time, the Bears are teaming up with CBS Radio to bring live music and entertainment to Bears fans during the Miller Lite Bears Kickoff Concert. Musical acts Lupe Fiasco and Michael Franti & Spearhead will celebrate the return of NFL football at the Aragon Ballroom (1106 W. Lawrence Avenue in Chicago) from 6:00 – 10:00 pm. Fans will walk the orange carpet into Aragon; have a chance to win tickets to the Bears season opener, autographed merchandise and memorabilia, as well as a photo opportunity with a Bears player. For more information and to buy tickets, go to chicagobears.com/events/bears-kickoff-concert.html.
• Friday (9/6): Bears fans are encouraged to don their navy and orange at the office, in the classroom or wherever else they are headed throughout the day. Fans can show off their Bears pride at Pioneer Court Plaza (401 North Michigan Avenue in Chicago) during Friday's Back to Football Week Celebration from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm. Alumni players are scheduled to be on-hand to sign autographs, the Bears Drumline is scheduled to perform and there will be interactive games throughout the plaza. Free Back to Football Week posters and other giveaways will be distributed throughout the event.
• Sunday (9/8): The Miller Lite Bears Ultimate Tailgate brought to you by the Chicago Tribune kicks off the 2013 season. The free fan event will take place at the Southeast lawn outside of Soldier Field during the Bears first four regular season home games (September 8 vs. Cincinnati, September 15 vs. Minnesota, October 6 vs. New Orleans and October 10 vs. New York), kicking off two hours prior to each contest. There will be alumni appearances and the WBBM Newsradio 780AM and 105.9FM pregame show will broadcast live on location. Fans can also enjoy free giveaways and food samples while beverages will be available for purchase.