|1||@Rams||L 14 - 34||27||38||206||5.4||0||1||3||28||72.9||2||13||6.5||0||1||1|
- Has started 142 of 144 games played, throwing for 33,764 yards, 218 touchdowns and 126 interceptions while completing 62.2 percent of his passes
- Also has 22 career rushing touchdowns, the fourth most in the NFL among quarterbacks since entering the league in 2011
- Originally drafted in the second round (35th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft by Cincinnati; spent nine seasons as the starting quarterback for the Bengals, leading the team to the postseason in each of his first five NFL seasons - the longest postseason streak in franchise history
- Boasts a record of 74-66-2 as a starter, including a 70-61-2 mark with the Bengals, the most wins by a quarterback in franchise history
- Left Cincinnati as the Bengals all-time leader in career passer rating (87.5), 300-yard passing games (28), winning percentage (.533), completions (2,757), touchdowns (204) and touchdown/interception ratio (1.73)
- In his nine seasons in Cincinnati, Dalton started all 133 games he played, three times earning Pro Bowl honors and surpassing 3,000 passing yards in each of his first seven NFL seasons - joining Cam Newton and Peyton Manning as the only three quarterbacks to achieve such a standard
2020 SEASON (Cowboys):
- Went 4-5 as a replacement starter for Dak Prescott and finished out the Cowboys' Oct. 11 comeback win over the Giants following Prescott's season-ending ankle injury
- In nine starts, Dalton passed for over 2,000 yards with 14 touchdowns with a 64.5 completion percentage
- Most notable performance came in a 37-17 win in Week 16 over the Philadelphia Eagles, throwing for a season-high 377 yards on 22-for-30 passing (73.3%) with three touchdowns
2019 SEASON (Bengals):
- Started 13 games and missed three, completing 314-of-528 passes for 3,494 yards with 16 touchdowns against 14 interceptions. Suffered career-lows in touchdowns (16) and quarterback rating (78.3)
- Threw for a season-high and career-best 418 yards and two touchdowns in Week 1 at Seattle (9/8
- Returned to start in Week 12 and became the Bengals all-time leader in touchdown passes, surpassing Ken Anderson's 197 by throwing a touchdown against the N.Y. Jets (12/1), and finished his Bengals career with 204 scoring throws - one-of-45 quarterbacks in NFL history to pass the 200-passing touchdown mark
- Threw for 396 yards on 33-of-56 passing at Miami (12/22), tossing four touchdowns and recording a quarterback rating of 104.5 in an OT loss to the Dolphins
2018 SEASON (Bengals):
- Started 11 games, but injured his thumb attempting to recover a fumble against Cleveland (11/25), and was placed on Reserve/Injured the following day
- Finished the season passing 226-for-365 (61.9 percent) for 2,566 yards with 21 touchdowns, 11 interceptions and a 89.6 quarterback rating
- Led four game- winning drives in the fourth quarter - at Indianapolis (9/9), at Atlanta (9/30), against Miami (10/7) and at Tampa Bay (10/28
- On Thursday Night Football against Baltimore (9/13), passed for 265 yards and four touchdowns (107.7 rating). All four scores came in the first half, marking the second time in his career he tossed four touchdowns in a half
- Threw for a season-high 352 yards against Carolina (9/23)
- Totaled 337 yards on 41 throws with three touchdowns and an interception (109.5 rating), leading a 16-play, 75-yard drive in the fourth quarter that ended in a 13-yard go-ahead scoring pass with 0:07 remaining; it was Dalton's 24th career 300-yard passing game, moving ahead of Boomer Esiason for the most in Bengals history.
2017 SEASON (Bengals):
- Started all 16 games and completed 297-of-496 passes (59.9 percent) for 3,320 yards, 25 touchdowns and 12 interceptions (86.6 rating)
- Had a six-game stretch without an interception - the longest streak in the NFL in 2017 and in his career
- Posted a season-high passer rating of 146.0 at Cleveland (10/1), which included season-highs in completion percentage (83.3 percent on 25-of-30 passing) and touchdowns (four)
- Had two scoring passes over 70 yards, both to A.J. Green - a 77-yarder against Buffalo (10/8) and a 70-yarder at Tennessee (11/12)
2016 SEASON (Bengals):
- Started all 16 games and completed a career-high 364-of-563 passes (64.7 percent) for 4,206 yards and 18 touchdowns against eight interceptions with a 91.8 quarterback rating
- Posted a 114.0 rating in the season-opening win at the N.Y. Jets (9/11), including 54-yard scoring pass to A.J. Green, despite being sacked seven times, most of his career
- Had a season-best 130.0 rating against Philadelphia (12/4), passing 23-for-31 for 332 yards and two touchdowns
- Registered a career-long completion of 86 yards (to Brandon LaFell) at Houston (12/24)
2015 SEASON (Bengals):
- Recorded his best season as a pro, making the Pro Bowl after starting 13 games and going 255-for-386 (66.1 percent) for 3,250 yards with 25 touchdowns and seven interceptions
- Inactive for Games 14-16 and for the Wild Card playoff game, due to right thumb fracture suffered against Pittsburgh (12/13)
- With a 106.3 season passer rating, broke Carson Palmer's club season record of 101.1, set in 2005 and finished second in the NFL to Russell Wilson (110.1), joined Ken Anderson (four times) and Boomer Esiason (twice) among Bengals to win an AFC passing title, and it was the Bengals first since 1989 (Esiason at 92.1)
- Seven interceptions was a team record for the fewest in a season, the previous low (nine) occurred three times
- Opened the season with four straight games with a passer rating of 115.0-or-better, joining LA Rams John Hadl as only players to do that since 1973, the NFL's first year of using passer ratings
- Suffered a thumb fracture against Pittsburgh (12/13) while making a tackle after throwing an interception, ending not only his season, but a streak of 77 consecutive starts, a Bengals quarterback record
2014 SEASON (Bengals):
- Started all 16 games and the Wild Card playoff game, earning Pro Bowl honors as an injury replacement for Aaron Rodgers after completing 64.2 percent of his passes (309-of-481) for 3,398 yards and 19 touchdowns
- Scored five rushing touchdowns, tying Jack Thompson's 1979 team-record for Bengals quarterbacks
- Against Tennessee (9/21) became the only Bengals quarterback to catch a touchdown pass, making a catch in the flat on a throw from wide receiver Mohamed Sanu and sprinting 18 yards for the score
- In the Wild Card game at Indianapolis (1/5/15), completed 18-of-35 passes for 155 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions
2013 SEASON (Bengals):
- Led the Bengals to an 11-5 record and AFC North title, becoming only the second Bengal to win three NFL monthly or weekly AFC awards in a season, joining safety David Fulcher from 1989
- Set Bengals records in passing yards (4,293) and touchdown passes (33) while completing 363-of-586 passes and adding 20 interceptions for a quarterback rating of 88.8
- Named AFC Offensive Player of the Month for October, averaging a 116.8 passer rating over four games as the Bengals posted 4-0 record
2012 SEASON (Bengals):
- Started all 16 games and finished 329-for-528 (62.3 percent), for 3,669 yards with 27 touchdowns and 16 interceptions (87.4 rating), finishing third in the AFC in touchdown passes; also had four rushing touchdowns
- Earned AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance against the N.Y. Giants (11/11), posting a 127.6 rating while completing 21-of-30 passes for 199 yards and four touchdowns
2011 SEASON (Bengals):
- As rookie, started all 16 games and led four wins featuring fourth quarter comebacks on his way to first alternate to AFC Pro Bowl squad, eventually earning a spot as the replacement for New England's Tom Brady
- Became the first NFL rookie quarterback to win as many as eight starts and throw for at least 20 touchdowns; also became the first rookie quarterback not drafted in the first round to start every game in a 16-game season
- Set Bengals rookie records for touchdown passes (20) and passing yards (3,398), while completing 300-of-516 passes with a 80.4 quarterback rating
Andy Dalton on facing his former team | Press Conference
Quarterback Andy Dalton addresses the media prior to Wednesday's practice at Halas Hall and discusses what it will feel like to go up against his old team, the Cincinnati Bengals, during Sunday's game at Soldier Field.
Andy Dalton on loss to Rams | Press Conferences
Quarterback Andy Dalton meets with the media following the Bears' Week 1 loss to the Los Angeles Rams.
Andy Dalton: 'I've got a lot of passion for this game' | Player Profile
Quarterback Andy Dalton sits down with Jeff Joniak and talks about what he aims to bring to the Bears offense in 2021.
Andy Dalton: 'We're confident with what we've got' | Press Conference
Quarterback Andy Dalton meets with the media before Wednesday's practice at Halas Hall to discuss his preparations for Sunday night's Week 1 game in Los Angeles.
Andy Dalton: 'Now it all begins' | Press Conference
Bears QB Andy Dalton meets with the media ahead of Monday's practice at Halas Hall to discuss preparing for the start of the regular season.
Andy Dalton on preseason loss to Bills | Press Conference
Quarterback Andy Dalton talks to the media following the Bears' second preseason game agains the Buffalo Bills.
Rodney Adams makes incredible catch, runs for 73-yard TD
Bears WR Rodney Adams makes a fantastic catch of an Andy Dalton throw against Bills CB Siran Neal's helmet and runs 73 yards for a touchdown.
Andy Dalton: Media availability | Press Conference
Quarterback Andy Dalton addresses the media following Wednesday's training camp practice at Halas Hall.
Andy Dalton talks win over Dolphins | Press Conference
Quarterback Andy Dalton meets with the media following the Bears' 20-13 preseason victory over the Miami Dolphins.
Andy Dalton: 'We want to be versatile and use all the talent we have' | Press Conference
Quarterback Andy Dalton addresses the meeting following Wednesday's first joint practice with the Miami Dolphins at Halas Hall.
Andy Dalton: 'I feel really good where we're at right now' | Press Conference
Quarterback Andy Dalton meets with the media following Monday's training camp practice at Halas Hall.
Bill Lazor on Andy Dalton: 'His experience brings some confidence' | Press Conference
Offensive coordinator Bill Lazor meets with the media after Friday's training camp practice at Halas Hall.
Andy Dalton looks ahead to 2021 season
In an exclusive interview with NFL Network's Stacey Dales, Andy Dalton discusses how it feels to be in his first season as Bears QB, his level of excitement to be a part of this team and what he wants to bring to Bears fans this season.
Andy Dalton: 'There's high expectations here' | Press Conferences
Quarterback Andy Dalton address the media Tuesday ahead of the start of Dr Pepper Zero Sugar Chicago Bears Training Camp at Halas Hall.
Dalton focused on building chemistry with offense
Quarterback Andy Dalton meets with the media after Wednesday's OTA practice at Halas Hall.
Dalton talks leadership, experience
Quarterback Andy Dalton sits down with Jeff Joniak after arriving at Halas Hall for the first time.
Screeden with more on Dalton's day
Lauren Screeden has more on Andy Dalton's first day at Halas Hall.
Bears offense hopes to build on positives from loss
The Bears moved the ball consistently in their season-opening loss to the Rams. But as they prepare for Sunday's home opener versus the Bengals, they're focused on correcting the miscues that limited them to 14 points.
3 things that stood out to Nagy in Week 1 loss
After watching tape of Sunday night's 34-14 season-opening loss to the Rams, Bears coach Matt Nagy shared his thoughts about the game, including the defense yielding too many explosive plays.
Chalk Talk: Will Desai coach from field or booth?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses whether Bears defensive coordinator Sean Desai will coach from the sideline or booth this season, the Bears' strong starts under coach Matt Nagy and whether Andy Dalton will be able to audible at the line of scrimmage.
Dalton lauded for competitiveness, confidence
In starting quarterback Andy Dalton, Bears coaches and players see a calm, cool and collected experienced veteran who remains poised under pressure.
Quick Hits: Nagy confident Quinn will rebound
Bears coach Matt Nagy has been impressed with what he's seen from Robert Quinn this summer and is confident the veteran pass rusher will have a bounce-back 2021 season.
5 things we learned from Bears GM Ryan Pace
Speaking to the media Wednesday at Halas Hall, general manager Ryan Pace shared his thoughts on a variety of different topics as the Bears prepare for the start of the 2021 regular season.
Dalton aims to make most of 'great opportunity'
With the preseason over, veteran starting quarterback Andy Dalton is excited to focus solely on the Bears' regular-season Sunday night opener against the Rams Sept. 12 in Los Angeles.
Nagy announces plan for QBs in preseason finale
With Andy Dalton set to start the Bears' regular season opener against the Rams, the veteran quarterback will watch from the sideline as rookie Justin Fields opens Saturday's preseason finale in Tennessee.
Nagy reveals how much QBs will play Saturday
Bears coach Matt Nagy divulged Thursday how much starting quarterback Andy Dalton and backup Justin Fields are expected to play in Saturday's preseason game against the Bills.
After Dalton exits, Fields to 'get a lot of reps' in preseason opener
After revealing Wednesday that starting quarterback Andy Dalton will likely play 8-10 snaps in Saturday's preseason opener against the Dolphins, coach Matt Nagy said Thursday that rookie backup Justin Fields is expected to play into the second half.
Bears QBs Dalton, Fields, Foles share thoughts
Bears quarterbacks Andy Dalton, Justin Fields and Nick Foles all spoke to the media Monday at Halas Hall. Here's the latest news on the trio.
6 things we learned from Bears coordinators
Bears coordinators Bill Lazor (offense), Sean Desai (defense) and Chris Tabor (special teams) spoke to reporters Friday about Andy Dalton's grasp of the offense, the need to generate more takeaways on defense and more.
Dalton envisions a multi-faceted Bears offense
Bears starting quarterback Andy Dalton is confident that the offense will excel in multiple areas this season, saying: "I feel like with this offense and the players that we have, I think we can be pretty versatile."
Bears 2021 position preview: Quarterback
The Bears will kick off training camp later this month with a revamped quarterback position that features veteran free-agent acquisition Andy Dalton and rookie first-round draft pick Justin Fields.
Dalton building chemistry with new teammates
The assimilation process for quarterback Andy Dalton continues this week with the Bears conducting their first OTA practices of the offseason.
Pace discusses key Bears topics with media
Speaking to reporters via Zoom Friday, Bears general manager Ryan Pace shared his thoughts on signing quarterback Andy Dalton, receiver Allen Robinson II's status and more.
Dalton relishes chance to be Bears' starting QB
Introduced to the media via a 22-minute Zoom call Thursday, new Bears quarterback Andy Dalton exuded confidence, excitement and an eagerness to make the most of an opportunity he vowed not to take for granted.