|1||Packers||L 20 - 38|
|2||@Buccaneers||L 17 - 27||1||-3||-3||-3||0|
|3||@Chiefs||L 10 - 41|
|4||Broncos||L 28 - 31||1||10||10||10||0|
|5||@Commanders||W 40 - 20|
|6||Vikings||L 13 - 19||1||5||5||5||0||2||15||7.5||17||0|
|7||Raiders||W 30 - 12||1||0||0||0||0|
|8||@Chargers||L 13 - 30||1||4||4||4||0|
|9||@Saints||L 17 - 24||0||0||0||0|
|10||Panthers||W 16 - 13|
|11||@Lions||L 26 - 31|
|12||@Vikings||W 12 - 10|
- Selected by the Bears in the third round of the 2022 NFL Draft (No. 71 overall)
- Has played in 20 games, making two starts, with 10 receptions for 114 yards and one receiving touchdown in addition to 13 rushes for 125 yards with a 42-yard rushing touchdown
- Also recorded 28 kickoff returns for 770 yards (27.5 avg.) in career
2023 SEASON (BEARS):
- Made season debut in Week 2 against the Buccaneers
- Has played in offensive and special teams snaps
- Recorded first rush of the season in Week 4 against the Broncos for 10 yards
- Logged a career-high 110 scrimmage yards in Week 6 against the Vikings
- Returned the opening kickoff 37 yards, marking his longest kick return on the season and fifth-longest of his career
- Returned two kicks for 49 yards in Week 7
2022 SEASON (Bears):
- Made his NFL debut in Week 4 at New York, working primarily on special teams
- In Week 5 at Minnesota, took a nine-yard touch-pass into the end zone to bring the score to 21-16 (10:31)
- The reception was the first offensive touch of his career, and he becomes the second offensive skill player in franchise history to score a touchdown on the first offensive touch of their NFL career, the last player to do so being Adam Shaheen on Sept. 24, 2017 at Cincinnati (STATS LLC)
- Finished with one reception for 10 yards and one rush for eight yards against the Commanders in Week 6
- Saw game action on offense and special teams in Week 7 at New England
- In Week 8 at Dallas, took an end around rush for 18 yards with 4:45 remaining in the first quarter. That stands as the longest offensive play of his career to date
- Finished with two rushes totaling 33 yards and one reception for five yards
- In Week 11 at Atlanta, took the Bears' first kickoff return 55 yards to the Falcons' 44-yard line
- It was the longest kick return since former Bears returner Cordarrelle Patterson had a 104-yard return vs. the Minnesota Vikings on Nov. 16, 2020
- Rushed twice for six yards against the Jets in Week 12, and also played in over half the snaps on special teams
- Rushed one time for one yard against the Packers in Week 13, and also returned four kicks, including one return of 42 yards
- Caught one pass for three yards and had one rushing attempt against the Eagles in Week 15
- Finished with two receptions and a team-best 52 yards against Buffalo in Week 16
- Caught a 44-yard pass from Fields to set the Bears up in Buffalo territory , which is the longest offensive play of his career
- Also had four kick returns totaling 113 yards, including a long of 40 yards
- Had one rush for 13 yards and also had a career-best 63-yard kickoff return at Detroit in Week 17
- In Week 18 vs. Minnesota, caught one pass for 28 yards and had one rushing attempt that went for a 42-yard touchdown, the second score of his rookie season
- Also had four kick returns, with a long of 25 yards
- In doing so, he becomes the first Bears player to record a reception, rush and return all above 25+ yards in the same game since Walter Payton on Dec. 21, 1975 ... He's the first NFL player to do so since Chase Edmonds on Oct. 11, 2020
Bears postgame locker room following loss to Vikings | Press Conference
Safety Jaquan Brisker, tight end Cole Kmet and wide receiver Velus Jones Jr. speak with the media in the locker room following the Bears' Week 18 loss to the Vikings.
Nathan Peterman delivers 28-yard strike to Velus Jones Jr.
Bears quarterback Nathan Peterman completes a 28-yard pass to wide receiver Velus Jones Jr.
Velus Jones Jr. tiptoes down sideline for 42-yard TD
Bears receiver Velus Jones Jr. takes the pitch and races down the right sideline for a 42-yard score.
Velus Jones Jr. talks team superlatives, offseason plans | Sippin' with Screeden
Lauren Screeden sits down with Chicago Bears wide receiver Velus Jones Jr. in this week's "Sippin' with Screeden" brought to you by Dunkin.
Jones, Brisker discuss their progress as rookies | Press Conference
Wide reciever Velus Jones Jr. and safety Jaquan Brisker address the media on Monday at Halas Hall.
Velus Jones Jr. tightropes sideline on 63-yard kick return
Bears receiver Velus Jones Jr. returns a Lions kickoff 63 yards in the final seconds of the first half.
Bears postgame locker room following loss to Bills | Press Conference
Kyler Gordon, Cole Kmet, Jaquan Brisker, Velus Jones Jr. and Nicholas Morrow speak with the media in the locker room following the Bears' Week 16 loss to the Bills.
Velus Jones Jr. nearly breaks into clear on 40-yard kick return
Bears receiver Velus Jones Jr. gains 40 yards on a kick return.
Justin Fields rainbows deep ball to sliding Velus Jones Jr.
Bears receiver Velus Jones Jr. makes a sensational sliding catch of a Justin Fields deep ball for a 44-yard gain.
Bears postgame locker room following loss to Eagles | Press Conference
Cornerbacks Kyler Gordon and Jaylon Johnson, tight end Cole Kmet and receiver Velus Jones Jr. speak with the media in the locker room following the Bears' Week 15 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
Brisker, Kmet, Gordon, Jones on their mindsets heading into Week 15 | Press Conference
Safety Jaquan Brisker, tight end Cole Kmet, cornerback Kyler Gordon, and receiver Velus Jones Jr. address the media after practice on Wednesday at Halas Hall.
Velus Jones Jr. mashes the accelerator for 55-yard kick return
Receiver Velus Jones Jr. sets up the Bears on their first drive with a 55-yard kick return.
Jones Jr., Kmet and Montgomery talk matchup with Falcons | Press Conferences
Wide receiver Velus Jones Jr., tight end Cole Kmet, and Running back David Montgomery address the media during open locker room on Thursday at Halas Hall.
Velus Jones Jr. speeds around the corner for first NFL TD
Bears receiver Velus Jones Jr. catches the pop pass from Justin Fields and finds the end zone, giving the rookie his first NFL touchdown.
Velus Jones Jr. shows off his speed on 48-yard punt return
Rookie receiver Velus Jones Jr. turns on the jets down the left sideline and picks up 48 yards on a punt return.
Velus Jones Jr. takes mental reps while on the sidelines | Press Conference
Wide receiver Velus Jones Jr. addresses the media on Thursday at Halas Hall.
Velus Jones Jr. on taking reps against Kyler Gordon: 'Iron sharpens iron' | Press Conference
Wide receiver Velus Jones Jr. addresses the media Friday at Halas Hall after the Bears' third Enjoy Illinois Training Camp practice.
Velus Jones Jr. on Brian Piccolo: 'It's amazing how your legacy lives on' | Press Conference
Rookie wide receiver Velus Jones Jr. addresses the media on Thursday at Halas Hall after the final practice of veteran minicamp.
Velus Jones Jr.: 'I'm ready to establish a role on this team' | Press Conference
Rookie wide receiver Velus Jones Jr. addresses the media Friday before the first day of rookie minicamp at Halas Hall.
Poles and Eberflus welcome Velus Jones Jr. to Bears
General manager Ryan Poles and head coach Matt Eberflus call Velus Jones Jr. to inform the receiver that he's been drafted by the Bears.
Velus Jones Jr. highlights
Check out highlights from Bears third-round draft choice Velus Jones Jr., a wide receiver out of Tennessee.
Sam Summerville on Velus Jones Jr.: 'He's a ball-in-hands guy' | Press Conference
Area scout Sam Summerville addresses the media on Thursday to discuss drafting WR Velus Jones Jr. 71st overall.
Velus Jones Jr.: 'I've been ready for this all my life' | Press Conference
New Bears wide receiver Velus Jones Jr. addresses the media for the first time after being picked 71st overall in the 2022 NFL Draft.
Bears players participating in NFL Heritage Program
Punter Trenton Gill and kicker Cairo Santos are among a handful of Bears players who will wear the flag of an international country on their helmets representing their heritage during Sunday night's road game against the Chargers.
Bears 2023 position preview: Special teams
The Bears' special teams feature the most accurate field-goal kicker in franchise history and the longest tenured player on their roster.
Bears 2023 position preview: Receiver
Acquired from the Panthers via a blockbuster trade in March, sixth-year pro DJ Moore headlines an improved and more seasoned Bears receiving corps.
Velus Jones Jr. confident 'this year's going to be a great year'
Motivated by his strong finish to the 2022 season, Bears receiver/return specialist Velus Jones Jr. is eager to pick up in 2023 where he left off as a rookie.
Senior Bowl stars share bond with Bears players
NFL prospects participating in the Senior Bowl this week spoke to ChicagoBears.com about playing in college with current Bears Justin Fields, Darnell Mooney and others.
Bears players share Senior Bowl experiences
In a virtual roundtable discussion, Bears 2022 draft picks Velus Jones Jr., Braxton Jones, Dominique Robinson and Ja'Tyre Carter discuss what it was like participating in last year's Senior Bowl.
Four future Bears excelled at last year's Senior Bowl
Bears 2022 draft picks Velus Jones Jr., Braxton Jones, Dominique Robinson and Ja'Tyre Carter all improved their stock at last year's Senior Bowl.
Bears roster boasts core of young talent
The foundation that Bears general manager Ryan Poles and coach Matt Eberflus built in their first season together is fueled by 20 promising players who are all 25 or younger.
Bears rookie class eighth most productive in NFL
Two pro football analytics experts have ranked the Bears' 2022 rookie class—led by defensive backs Kyler Gordon and Jaquan Brisker—as the eighth most productive in the NFL this season.
Jones continues to produce impact plays in finale | Quick Hits
Rookie Velus Jones Jr. became the first Bears player with a rush, reception and kickoff return all of at least 25 yards Sunday since Walter Payton, also in the final game of his rookie year in 1975.
Rookie Velus Jones Jr. shines in loss to Bills | Quick Hits
Receiver Velus Jones Jr. delivered his best performance of what's been a challenging rookie season in Saturday's loss to the Bills, generating two kickoff returns and one reception all of more than 40 yards.
Bears devising plan to make up for loss of Mooney
Replacing injured top receiver Darnell Mooney will be a group effort, with Bears coach Matt Eberflus saying: "I think it's going to be by committee. I think we're going to have to spread the ball around."
Velus Jones Jr. makes most of return to action
A healthy scratch the previous two weeks, Bears rookie Velus Jones Jr. showed his speed and playmaking ability by returning a kickoff 55 yards early in Sunday's 27-24 loss to the Falcons in Atlanta.
Chalk Talk: Will Velus Jones Jr. play on offense?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses whether the Bears are going to begin deploying Velus Jones Jr. on offense, run/pass balance in the red zone and the last player to get released after scoring all of the Bears' points in a game.
Roquan Smith, Jaylon Johnson questionable for Texans game | Injury Update
Key Bears defensive starters Roquan Smith (hip) and cornerback Jaylon Johnson (quad) did not practice Friday due to injuries and are listed as questionable for Sunday's home game against the Texans.
Injury Update: Velus Jones Jr. doubtful to face Packers
The Bears appear to be the healthier of the two teams heading into Sunday night's NFC North clash in Green Bay, with receiver Velus Jones Jr. listed as the only player on their injury report.
Velus Jones Jr. doubtful for season opener | Injury Update
Bears rookie receiver Velus Jones Jr. (hamstring) did not practice Friday for the third straight day and is listed as doubtful for Sunday's season opener against the 49ers.
Reinforcements arrive to bolster Bears offense
The Bears offense received a major boost Monday as lineman Lucas Patrick and receivers Byron Pringle and Velus Jones Jr. all returned to practice after extended absences due to injuries.
Bears newcomers making splash on special teams
Through two preseason games, several first-year Bears players have contributed big plays on special teams, including rookie receiver Velus Jones Jr., who returned a punt 48 yards last Thursday in Seattle.
5 Bears to watch in preseason game vs. Seahawks
Senior writer Larry Mayer identifies five Bears players to watch in Thursday night's preseason game against the Seahawks, including top draft pick Kyler Gordon, a Seattle-area native who returns home to the Pacific Northwest.
Rookie draft picks Gordon, Jones back at practice
Cornerback Kyler Gordon and receiver Velus Jones Jr. both returned to practice Monday after injuries forced them to miss workouts and the team's preseason opener last week.
Bears 2022 position preview: Special teams
The Bears' special teams are led by Cairo Santos, who has eclipsed Robbie Gould as the most accurate kicker in franchise history, having made 89.1 percent of his field goals (57 of 64).
Bears' top 3 picks featured in 'Meet the Rookies'
As training camp looms, fans can take an in-depth look at the Bears' top three 2022 draft picks via the "Meet the Rookies" documentary that was launched this week.
Bears 2022 position preview: Wide receiver
Ascending star Darnell Mooney—whose 142 receptions are the most by a Bears player in his first two NFL seasons—returns to lead a receiving corps that was bolstered by free agency, the draft and a trade.