|1||Packers||L 20 - 38||4||53||13.2||23||1|
|2||@Buccaneers||L 17 - 27|
|3||@Chiefs||L 10 - 41||0||0||0||0|
|4||Broncos||L 28 - 31||4||51||12.8||17||0|
|5||@Commanders||W 40 - 20||0||0||0||0|
|6||Vikings||L 13 - 19||2||48||24||39||0|
|7||Raiders||W 30 - 12||4||32||8||11||0||1||2||2||2||0|
|8||@Chargers||L 13 - 30||1||41||41||41||0||1||3||3||3||0|
|9||@Saints||L 17 - 24||5||82||16.4||38||0|
|10||Panthers||W 16 - 13||2||14||7||8||0|
|11||@Lions||L 26 - 31||1||24||24||24||0|
|12||@Vikings||W 12 - 10||2||6||3||10||0|
|14||Lions||W 28 - 13||2||44||22||28||0|
- Enters his fourth season with the Bears in 2023
- Has played in 56 career games with 46 starts, totaling 205 catches for 2,524 yards with 11 touchdowns to go along with 13 rushes for 59 yards and a score
- Holds the Bears record for most receptions by a wide receiver in their first two seasons (142)
- In 2021 he recorded a team-high 1,055 receiving yards (13.0 avg.) and four receiving touchdowns
- Started in nine of 16 games as a rookie in 2020, finishing as Chicago's second-leading receiver with 61 catches, 631 yards and four TDs
- His 61 receptions as a rookie were second most all-time by a Bears rookie, only behind Matt Forte (63, 2008), and the most ever by a Bears rookie wide receiver
- His 61 receptions are tied for fourth most ever by an NFL rookie drafted in the fifth round or later, and the most since Tyreek Hill also had 61 in 2016
- Selected in the fifth round of the 2020 NFL Draft (173rd overall) by the Bears
- 2020: Brian Piccolo rookie award winner
2023 SEASON (BEARS):
- Started in 11 all games
- Caught four passes for 53 yards, including a 20-yard touchdown pass to cap off a six-play 65-yard drive with 1:05 left in the third quarter to mark his 11th career receiving touchdown in Week 1 against the Packers
- Has eight catches for 104 yards and one touchdown on the season
- Recorded (then) longest reception of season and seventh-longest of career (39-yards) in Week 6 against the Vikings
- On first play of Week 8, connected with quarterback Tyson Bagent for season-high 41-yard reception
- Was first 40+ yard reception of season
- Hauled in a 38-yard reception on the final play of the first quarter in Week 9
- Was second-longest catch on the season
- Eclipsed 2,500 career scrimmage yards
- Recorded 200th career reception in the second quarter...Finished game with five catches for 82 yards
- Finished first half with 70 receiving yards, the fifth-most in a first half in career
- 82 receiving yards stands as seventh-most in a single game in career
- On season, has 23 catches for 345 yards with one TD
2022 SEASON (Bears):
- In Week 1 vs. San Francisco, hauled in one catch for eight yards
- Had two receptions for 23 yards against Houston in Week 3
- Finished Week 4 at New York with four receptions for 94 yardsThat yardage total was a season-best and the fifth highest of his career
- Caught a 56-yard pass from quarterback Justin Fields with 5:00 in the first quarter, which is his sixth reception of 50+ yards in his career and his first on the season
- Had two receptions for 52 yards against Minnesota in Week 5, including a 39-yard pass from Justin Fields with 1:54 in the second quarter that eventually set up the Bears' first touchdown of the day
- Led the team in receptions with seven totaling 68 yards against Washington in Week 6
- Caught three passes for 53 yards in the Week 7 win against the Patriots
- Finished Week 8 at Dallas with five catches for 70 yards
- Caught a 36-yard pass from Fields with 11:50 left in the third quarter, which puts him over the 2,000 receiving yard mark, now at 2,050 yards for his career
- s the seventh receiver drafted by the Bears to eclipse the 2,000-yard milestone since the start of the 2000 season
- The 36-yard catch also marks the fifth straight game he's caught a pass of 20 yards or more
- In Week 9 vs. Miami, led the team with seven receptions for 43 yards and also caught his first touchdown of the season after a 12-play, 75-yard drive which was capped off by a 16-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Justin Fields
- Also rushed once for two yards in this game
- Caught four passes totaling 57 yards vs. Detroit in Week 10
- Caught a 22-yard pass in this game, which gives him six games in his last seven with a reception of 20 or more yards
- Led the team in catches in Week 11 vs. Atlanta, hauling in four receptions for 29 yards and a touchdown
- It was his second touchdown reception of the season and the 10th of his career
- Made the start at wide receiver vs. the Jets in Week 12, but exited the game due to injury
2021 SEASON (Bears):
- Played in all 17 games with 14 starts
- Finished the season with a team-high 1,055 receiving yards (13.0 avg.) and four receiving touchdowns
- With seven receptions in the Week 17 game vs. the Giants, Mooney broke the Bears record of the most catches by a receiver in their first two seasons
- Led the team in receptions and in receiving yards (66 yards) in the Week 2 win over the Bengals
- Led the team in receiving yards with 125 yards and hauled in a career-long 64-yard reception to open Chicago's second drive in the Bears Week 4 win over the Lions
- He also recorded his first career game with 100+ receiving yards during this matchup
- Led the team in receiving yards with 45 yards and recorded his first touchdown of the season, a five-yard reception from Fields with 8:44 to go in the fourth quarter vs. the Packers in Week 6
- Recorded a team-high 64 receiving yards vs. the 49ers in Week 8
- Recorded his first career rushing touchdown on a 15-yard run with 14:17 to go in the fourth quarter Week 9 at the Steelers. He also recorded his sixth career receiving touchdown, hauling in a 16-yard pass from QB Justin Fields to put the Bears ahead 27-26 with 1:46 left in the fourth quarter
- Dating back to 1970, Mooney became Chicago's second wide receiver to log a rushing touchdown and a receiving touchdown in the same regular-season game, joining Michael Timpson's Nov. 26, 1995 performance vs. the New York Giants in a 27-24 victory
- Caught a 60-yard TD pass from QB Andy Dalton with 8:02 to go in the third quarter vs. the Ravens. His 60-yard reception is the second-longest of his career (64, vs. DET, 10/3/21); Mooney finished the Week 11 contest with 121 receiving yards, his second career 100-yard outing
- Surpassed the century mark in receiving yards for the third time this season in Week 12, hauling in five catches for 123 yards; his 52-yard reception from Dalton late in the second quarter (5:21), marked his fifth straight game with a reception of 20+ yards
- Started and caught five passes for 63 yards (12.6 avg.) Week 15 vs. the Vikings
- Hauled in five passes for 57 yards in the Week 16 win at Seattle
- Hauled in a season-high seven receptions, including a four yard touchdown pass from QB Andy Dalton to put Chicago ahead 14-0 in the first quarter vs. the Giants
- Surpassed 1,000 receiving yards on the season and recorded a team-high 126 receiving yards in Week 18 at Minnesota, marking his fourth 100+ yard game of the season
2020 SEASON (Bears)
- Had multiple catches in every game this season; had 61 total catches on the season, which finished fifth among NFL rookie WR leaders
- With his four receptions in Week 15, he broke the record for most receptions by a Bears rookie wide receiver (Harlon Hill, 45 receptions, 1954)
- His 631 receiving yards were most in a season by a Bears rookie since Willie Gault had 836 in 1983
- Had a team season-high 11 receptions in Week 17. 11 receptions are the most by a Bears rookie ever in a game, breaking the previous mark of Ken Margerum (10, 1981).
- Caught TDs in consecutive Weeks (14-15); a 12-yard TD in Week 14 and a 8-yard TD in Week 15
- Hauled in a 12-yard touchdown in Week 14 vs. Houston
- Averaged 13.3 yards per catch with 40 yards on three receptions in Week 7 at the Rams
- Posted a 50-yard reception vs. the Saints in Week 8; with 5 catches for 69 yards and a touchdown
- Posted five catches for 52 yards (10.4 avg) in Week 4 vs. the Colts
- Caught three passes for 38 yards (12.7 avg) in his rookie debut in Week 1 at the Lions
- Caught another three passes for 36 yards in the Week 2 win over the Giants, including a 15-yard touchdown from Mitchell Trubisky in the second quarter
HIGHLIGHT: Fields' tight-window delivery to Mooney yields 28-yard gain
Bears quarterback Justin Fields' finds receiver Darnell Mooney for a 28-yard gain despite tight coverage from the Lions.
HIGHLIGHT: Justin Fields rips 24-yard laser on the run to Darnell Mooney
Bears quarterback Justin Fields finds receiver Darnell Mooney for a 24-yard gain.
Darnell Mooney's burst | Thayer's Playbook
Tom Thayer breaks out the Microsoft Surface to take a closer look at Darnell Mooney's performance against the Saints.
Mooney and Billings on improving for Week 10 | Press Conference
Wide receiver Darnell Mooney and defensive lineman Andrew Billings address the media on Monday at Halas Hall.
HIGHLIGHT: Darnell Mooney's sudden-stop move sparks speedy 38-yard gain
Bears receiver Darnell Mooney catches the pass in the flat and jukes Saints defenders on his way to a 38-yard pickup.
HIGHLIGHT: Tyson Bagent unloads cannon to Darnell Mooney for 41-yard opening play
On the first play from scrimmage, Bears quarterback Tyson Bagent finds receiver Darnell Mooney deep down the field for 41 yards.
Mooney and Sanborn on looking ahead to Week 3 | Press Conference
Wide receiver Darnell Mooney and Linebacker Jack Sanborn address the media on Monday at Halas Hall.
Justin Fields finds Darnell Mooney for 20-yard score
Bears receiver Darnell Mooney hauls in the throw from quarterback Justin Fields for a 20-yard touchdown.
Mooney, Sanborn, Lewis on energy they see in practice | Press Conference
Receiver Darnell Mooney, linebacker Jack Sanborn and defensive lineman Terrell Lewis address the media on Tuesday at Halas Hall.
Tremaine Edmunds, Darnell Mooney on dynamic between offense and defense | Press Conference
Tremaine Edmunds and Darnell Mooney address the media on Wednesday at Halas Hall.
Chase Claypool and Darnell Mooney talk receiving corps | Press Conference
Wide receivers Chase Claypool and Darnell Mooney address the media on Wednesday at Halas Hall.
Justin Fields drops dime to Darnell Mooney for 16-yard TD
Bears quarterback Justin Fields lofts a perfect pass to receiver Darnell Mooney for a 16-yard score.
Darnell Mooney mic'd up vs. Lions
Go on the field with Bears receiver Darnell Mooney during Week 10's game vs. the Detroit Lions at Soldier Field.
Sanborn, Mooney and St. Brown talk matchup with Lions | Press Conference
Linebacker Jack Sanborn and Wide receivers Darnell Mooney and Equanimeous St. Brown address the media after practice on Thursday at Halas Hall.
Mooney, Pettis block for Fields' big runs vs. Dolphins | Thayer's Playbook
Bears radio analyst Tom Thayer breaks down game tape and shows how wide receivers Darnell Mooney and Dante Pettis block for Justin Fields versus the Dolphins.
Can't-Miss Play: Darnell Mooney makes spectacular leaping TD catch of perfect Justin Fields throw
Bears quarterback Justin Fields floats a beautiful pass to receiver Darnell Mooney, who makes an acrobatic catch in the end zone for a touchdown.
Darnell Mooney, Cole Kmet and Equanimeous St. Brown talk new additions | Press Conference
Wide receiver Darnell Mooney, tight end Cole Kmet and wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown address the media on Wednesday at Halas Hall.
David Montgomery and Darnell Mooney talk Halloween favorites | Sippin' with Screeden
Lauren Screeden sits down with Chicago Bears running back David Montgomery and wide receiver Darnell Mooney for "Sippin' with Screeden" brought to you by Dunkin.
Darnell Mooney's ridiculous sideline toe-tap earns another first down
Bears receiver Darnell Mooney makes a fantastic catch along the sidelines to move the chains.
Harry, Montgomery, Kmet, Mooney talk Patriots | Press Conference
Receivers N'Keal Harry and Darnell Mooney, running back David Montgomery and tight end Cole Kmet address the media after practice on Friday at Halas Hall.
Bears' postgame locker room availability following loss to Commanders | Press Conference
Darnell Mooney, Jaylon Johnson, Cole Kmet, Dante Pettis and Khalil Herbert talk with the media in the locker room following the Bears' Week 6 loss to the Commanders.
Darnell Mooney's crisp route-running effort leads to 26-yard grab
Bears quarterback Justin Fields finds receiver Darnell Mooney along the sideline for a 26-yard pickup.
Darnell Mooney on big catch vs. Vikings | Press Conference
Darnell Mooney talks with the media in the locker room following the Bears' loss to the Minnesota Vikings.
Catch of the Year? Darnell Mooney makes INSANE one-handed grab
Darnell Mooney channels his inner Odell Beckham Jr. to stretch out and make an incredible one-handed catch of a Justin Fields deep ball.
By the Numbers: Bears vs. Saints | 2023 Week 9
Take a look at some of the notable stats and numbers from the Bears' Week 9 game against the New Orleans Saints.
Quick Hits: Mooney happy to produce in first game back from injury
Week 1 came with an extra sense of gratitude for Darnell Mooney as the veteran receiver played in his first regular-season game following his season-ending injury last November.
5 things we learned from Bears offensive assistants
Bears offensive position coaches spoke to the media Wednesday at Halas Hall about quarterback Justin Fields, receiver Darnell Mooney and others.
Mooney, Claypool motivated to excel following return to practice
Bears receivers Darnell Mooney and Chase Claypool are both eager to continue reacclimating to the offense after returning to practice Wednesday for the start of training camp.
Bears WRs Mooney, Claypool cleared to practice
Veteran receivers Darnell Mooney and Chase Claypool are both expected to participate in the Bears' first training camp practice Wednesday at Halas Hall.
10 Bears players to watch in training camp
The Bears' offseason additions, such as receiver DJ Moore, linebacker Tremaine Edmunds and rookie offensive lineman Darnell Wright are among the key players to watch when training camp begins Tuesday at Halas Hall.
Bears 2023 position preview: Receiver
Acquired from the Panthers via a blockbuster trade in March, sixth-year pro DJ Moore headlines an improved and more seasoned Bears receiving corps.
Quick Hits: Mooney expected to be ready for training camp
Bears coach Matt Eberflus told reporters that he expects receiver Darnell Mooney to be ready to return from last year's season-ending ankle injury for the start of training camp.
Bears produce creative schedule release video
The Bears went Hollywood with their 2023 schedule release video, which features a slew of familiar faces as well as an homage to a popular TV show and an iconic Italian beef joint.
Senior Bowl stars share bond with Bears players
NFL prospects participating in the Senior Bowl this week spoke to ChicagoBears.com about playing in college with current Bears Justin Fields, Darnell Mooney and others.
Bears roster boasts core of young talent
The foundation that Bears general manager Ryan Poles and coach Matt Eberflus built in their first season together is fueled by 20 promising players who are all 25 or younger.
Darnell Mooney supporting cause that's close to his heart
Despite suffering a season-ending ankle injury against the Jets, Bears receiver Darnell Mooney is participating in this week's league-wide "My Cause My Cleats" initiative in memory of his father, who passed away in 2014 of leukemia.
Bears devising plan to make up for loss of Mooney
Replacing injured top receiver Darnell Mooney will be a group effort, with Bears coach Matt Eberflus saying: "I think it's going to be by committee. I think we're going to have to spread the ball around."
Roster Moves: Bears place Mooney, Jackson on IR, sign Thomas to active roster
The Bears on Tuesday placed receiver Darnell Mooney and safety Eddie Jackson on injured reserve and promoted rookie safety A.J. Thomas from their practice squad to active roster.
Darnell Mooney likely to miss rest of season with injury
Bears coach Matt Eberflus revealed Monday that receiver Darnell Mooney likely will undergo season-ending surgery to repair the ankle injury he sustained in Sunday's loss to the Jets.
Injuries continue to mount in loss to Jets
Already down some key players due to injuries, the Bears limped out of MetLife Stadium with an even more depleted roster following Sunday's 31-10 defeat to the Jets—losing receiver Darnell Mooney and safety Eddie Jackson, among others.
Darnell Mooney sparked Bears offense with sensational catch
The Bears offense was slumbering through the first half Sunday in Minnesota when Darnell Mooney provided a much-needed wakeup call with a one-handed 39-yard reception, setting up David Montgomery's 9-yard TD run.
Mooney focused on embracing journey ahead
Bears receiver Darnell Mooney expressed frustration with his performance last Sunday after dropping two passes, but he's refocusing on staying positive for his team and enjoying the process.
Chalk Talk: Will Mooney get more targets?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses whether the Bears will target receiver Darnell Mooney more, if the Bears have tapped into offensive coordinator Luke Getsy's knowledge of the Packers and the likelihood of Khalil Herbert supplanting David Montgomery as the starting running back.
Mooney: Offense shows 'glimpse of our identity'
Bears receiver Darnell Mooney views Saturday's win in Cleveland as a confidence booster for the first-team offense, saying: "That's a glimpse of our identity of how we want to play."
Getsy, Mooney impressed with Fields' intangibles
Both Bears offensive coordinator Luke Getsy and receiver Darnell Mooney have noticed Justin Fields' work ethic, focus and competitive drive every day they spend with the second-year quarterback.
Mooney, Kmet flash big-play ability in Bears practice
Bears receiver Darnell Mooney and tight end Cole Kmet both displayed their playmaking ability in Thursday's training camp practice, hauling in downfield passes from quarterback Justin Fields while surrounded by defenders.
Bears 2022 position preview: Wide receiver
Ascending star Darnell Mooney—whose 142 receptions are the most by a Bears player in his first two NFL seasons—returns to lead a receiving corps that was bolstered by free agency, the draft and a trade.
Three Bears labeled as potential fantasy football sleepers
ESPN fantasy football experts are predicting big things for three Bears' skill-position players this season: quarterback Justin Fields, receiver Darnell Mooney and tight end Cole Kmet.