Chicagobears.com | The Official Website of the Chicago Bears
|3||@Falcons||W 30 - 26||2||19||9.5||12||0|
|2||Giants||W 17 - 13||3||36||12||16||1||1||0|
|1||@Lions||W 27 - 23||3||38||12.7||19||0|
WR TE Career
- Started every game for Tulane; one of the five captains
- Led the team in receiving yards and touchdowns for the second straight year
- Named to the 2019 Fred Bilentikoff Preseason Watch list
- Opened the season with four catches for 84 yards and a touchdown at home against FIU (Aug.29)
- Hauled in three passes for 48 yards on the road against No. 10 Auburn (Sept. 7)
- Caught five passes for 51 yards at home against MSU (Sept. 14)
- Made a 48-yard touchdown catch at home against Houston (Sep. 19)
- Reeled in four catches for 77 yards and a touchdown at home against UConn (Oct. 12)
- Snagged five passes for 65 yards and a touchdown away at Memphis (Oct. 18)
- Racked up a season-best 112 yards on 5 catches, including one for a touchdown away at Navy (Oct. 26)
- Closed out the regular season against SMU with seven catches for 53 yards
- Finished his collegiate career with three receptions for 43 against Southern Miss in the 2020 Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
- Posted a breakout junior season as he recorded single season highs for receptions (47), receiving yards (993) and touchdowns (8)
- Earned Second Team All-AAC honors
- His 20.6 yards per reception ranked sixth nationally
- Was one of just eight players to start in every regular season game
- Surpassed 100 yards receiving in four games
- Recorded one of the best receiving performances in school history against ECU as he finished with six receptions for 217 yards and two touchdowns
- His two touchdowns against ECU came from 86 and 79 yards out
- His 217-yard receiving performance was just the sixth 200-yard receiving performance in school history
- Started all 12 games as a sophomore, finished the year with 599 yards receiving and four touchdowns
- Averaged 17.6 yards per catch during the year
- Opened the year with a pair of catches for 29 yards against Grambling State
- Caught one pass for 11 yards at Oklahoma
- Totaled three catches for 61 yards, including a then career-long 36-yard catch versus USF
- Hauled in four receptions for 70 yards, including a 40-yard touchdowns against Memphis
- Posted his first 100-yard receiving day of the season against Cincinnati, as he caught seven passes for 115 yards
- Recorded a team-best six receptions for 67 yards at East Carolina
- Closed out the year on a high note, as he caught six passes for 168 yards
- Played in 12 games, including eight starts, finished second on the team in receptions (24), yards (267) and touchdowns (2)
- Rushed four times for 22 yards, including a long of eight
- Made at least one reception in the final nine games of the season
- In his first collegiate start vs. UL Lafayette on Sept. 24, Mooney caught three passes for 51 yards, including a 25-yard touchdown reception in the second overtime
- Led the team in receptions (7) and receiving yards (63), both career highs, including a 21-yard touchdown catch, at Houston on Nov. 12
- Prepped at Gadsen City High School for Coach Matt Scott as a wide receiver and defensive back
- Led the Titans to a pair of state playoff appearances
- Named an Alabama Sports Writers Association Class 7A First-team All-State selection after his senior season when he caught 37 passes for 697 yards and nine touchdowns
- Also returned three punts for touchdowns, one kickoff for a score while picking up one interception on defense as well
- Was also the point guard on the basketball team and led his squad to three state playoff appearances
Mooney postgame talk with Screeden
Lauren Screeden catches up with wide receiver Darnell Mooney after his first career NFL touchdown in the Bears 17-13 victory over the Giants on Sunday.
Darnell Mooney reaction on his first career touchdown
Chicago Bears rookie wide receiver Darnell Mooney discusses the Bears 13-17 victory over the New York Giants.
Trubisky finds Mooney for TD
Bears QB Mitchell Trubisky moves around in the pocket and finds WR Darnell Mooney for a 15-yard touchdown.
Mooney: 'I feel like I can play anywhere on the field'
Wide receiver Darnell Mooney meets with the media Tuesday at Halas Hall.
Mooney: 'I have high expectations of myself'
Wide receiver Darnell Mooney meets with the media after Friday's practice at Halas Hall.
Scout breaks down Darnell Mooney selection
Bears area scout Breck Ackley sits down with Jeff Joniak and talks about Bears' 5th round pick, Darnell Mooney from Tulane.
Cole Kmet, Darnell Mooney picks lauded
NFL Network's Stacey Dales explains why Bears head coach Matt Nagy compares Cole Kmet to 'Robocop' and how he and Darnell Mooney can make an impact in 2020.
Darnell Mooney College Highlights
Check out highlights from the Bears' 5th-round draft choice and number 173rd pick overall, Tulane WR Darnell Mooney.
Darnell Mooney gets the call
Go behind the scenes as new Bears wide receiver Darnell Mooney receives a life changing phone call from Head Coach Matt Nagy.
Quick Hits: Robinson knew Mooney was special
After training together during the offseason in Florida, the emergence of Bears rookie receiver Darnell Mooney early this season hasn't surprised veteran teammate Allen Robinson II.
Rookie receiver Mooney quickly earning trust
The faith the Bears and quarterback Mitchell Trubisky already have in Darnell Mooney was evident Sunday on a pass play that resulted in the rookie receiver's first NFL touchdown.
Mooney looks to build on strong debut
After an impressive debut against the Detroit Lions, rookie Darnell Mooney looks to gain a bigger role in the Bears offense.
Quick Hits: Speedy Mooney is off to a fast start
Rookie receiver Darnell Mooney has impressed coaches with his maturity and ability throughout the first week of training camp. Coach Matt Nagy talks tight ends and quarterbacks. And more from Bears training camp.
Fierce battles expected for receiving jobs in camp
Receivers coach Mike Furrey is eager to monitor what promises to be intense competition at the receiver position in training camp, saying: "There is nobody in that room that can take a day off."
Bears sign all seven of their 2020 draft picks
The Bears on Tuesday signed all seven of their 2020 draft picks to four-year contracts, including their two second-round selections, tight end Cole Kmet and cornerback Jaylon Johnson.
Bears training camp preview: Receivers
Veteran Allen Robinson II returns to lead a deep Bears receiving corps that added speedsters Ted Ginn Jr. and Darnell Mooney to a group that already included Cordarrelle Patterson, Anthony Miller, Javon Wims and Riley Ridley.
Mooney driven to make impact as Bears rookie
Determined to contribute immediately like he did at Tulane, Bears rookie receiver Darnell Mooney has been glued to his iPad, fully immersing himself in the offensive scheme.
Mooney a hard worker, fast learner at Tulane
According to Darnell Mooney's head coach at Tulane, Willie Fritz, the Bears' fifth-round draft pick is a talented receiver who possesses versatility and an excellent work ethic.