|18||@Vikings||L 17 - 31||20||72||3.6||11||0||2||7||3.5||4||0|
|17||Giants||W 29 - 3||22||64||2.9||10||2||2||17||8.5||11||0|
|16||@Seahawks||W 25 - 24||21||45||2.1||11||1||7||61||8.7||16||0|
|14||@Packers||L 30 - 45||10||42||4.2||20||0||6||39||6.5||13||0|
|15||Vikings||L 9 - 17||18||60||3.3||16||0||5||23||4.6||12||0||1||1|
|13||Cardinals||L 22 - 33||21||87||4.1||24||1||8||51||6.4||12||0||0||0|
|12||@Lions||W 16 - 14||17||46||2.7||12||0||3||28||9.3||12||0|
|11||Ravens||L 13 - 16||14||58||4.1||11||0||1||9||9||9||0|
|9||@Steelers||L 27 - 29||13||63||4.8||21||0||2||17||8.5||11||0|
|4||Lions||W 24 - 14||23||106||4.6||24||2|
|3||@Browns||L 6 - 26||10||34||3.4||16||0||2||21||10.5||11||0|
|1||@Rams||L 14 - 34||16||108||6.8||41||1||1||10||10||10||0|
|2||Bengals||W 20 - 17||20||61||3||11||0||3||18||6||10||0|
- Played in 44 career games with 35 starts, rushing for 2,808 yards and 21 TDs in his first three seasons; also has 121 catches for 924 yards and three scores
- His 2,582 yards from scrimmage through his first two professional seasons ranks fourth most in Bears history during that span
- Finished his rookie season in 2019 with 889 rushing and 185 receiving yards to become the ninth Bears rookie to top 1,000 yards from scrimmage in their rookie season (1,074 yards from scrimmage) and the first since Jordan Howard in 2016; his 889 yards and six TDs were both second in the NFL
- Had a streak of seven consecutive regular season games with a touchdown dating to Week 12 of the 2020 season (ended in Week 2 of the 2021 season)
2021 SEASON (Bears):
- Started in 13 contests (missing four due to injury) and recorded 849 yards on the ground, 301 in the air and seven touchdowns throughout the season
- Started off the season with his sixth-career 100-yard game in Week 1 at the Rams, his 108 yards were the second most of any rusher in the NFL in Week 1 (Joe Mixon 127 yards)
- Scored two rushing touchdowns and had his seventh-career 100-yard rushing game with 106 yards on 23 carries (4.3 avg.) vs. the Lions; the Week 4 match up also marked his fourth career game with multiple rushing touchdowns
- Sat out Weeks 5-8 due to injury
- Returned from IR Week 9 and rushed for a team-high 63 yards at the Steelers
- Recorded a team-high 58 rushing yards Week 11 vs. the Ravens
- Rushed for 46 yards and caught three receptions for 28 yards to contribute to the Bears Week 12 win at the Lions
- Put together a season-high 141 all-purpose yards vs. the Cardinals, passing the century mark for the third time this season. He also tallied 51 yards through the air on eight catches (6.4 avg.) with 21 carries and 90 yards on the ground (4.3 avg.) during the Week 13 contest
- Rushed for a team-high 60 yards and hauled in five passes for 23 yards Week 15 vs. the Vikings
- Led the team in both receiving and rushing yards in the Week 16 win at Seattle, recording 45 yards on the ground and 61 in the air. Montgomery's 100+ scrimmage yards marked the 14th game in his career in which he surpassed the century mark. He also found the end zone scoring from one yard out at the start of the second quarter (10:17), his fifth touchdown of the season
- Logged two rushing touchdowns in the Week 17 win vs. the Giants, one on the Bears first offensive drive of the game and the second on the first drive of the second half. Montgomery's 2+ rushing touchdowns mark his fifth career game with 2+ touchdowns
2020 SEASON (Bears):
- Played in 15 games with 14 starts
- Had 1,508 total yards from scrimmage (5th in the NFL); 1,070 on the ground (5th in the NFL) and 438 through the air with 10 touchdowns (8 rushing, 2 receiving)
- Was one of five NFL players with over 1,500 yards from scrimmage and was the only NFL RB with over 1,000 rushing yards and over 400 receiving yards
- Montgomery found the end zone for the sixth consecutive week in Week 17; he was the first Bears player to have scored in five straight weeks since Alshon Jeffery in 2014 and the first to rush for a TD in five straight since Neal Anderson in 1990
- Eclipsed 1,000 rushing yards on the season in Week 16 for the first time in his career; he was Chicago's first 1,000-yard back since Jordan Howard in 2017
- In Week 15 at Minnesota, set career-highs with 146 rushing yards on 32 carries with two TDs; joined Walter Payton as only the second player in Bears history with 30+ carries, 140+ rushing yards, and at least two rushing TDs in single game
- Became the first Bears rusher since Jordan Howard in 2016 to rush for 100+ yards in back to back games (Weeks 14-15)
- In Week 14 vs. Houston, he broke a career-long 80-yard TD run on the Bears first play from scrimmage; it tied the longest TD run by the Bears in the SB era, with Neil Anderson's 80-yard TD run vs. Green Bay on Nov. 27, 1988
- Had 106 yards in the first half in Week 14 vs. Houston, the first time a Bears rusher had over 100 yards in the first half since Matt Forte on 9/13/2015; finished with 113 yards on 11 carries
- Rushed for two TDs in Week 13 and Week 15, and now has three career multi-TD game, the other being 11/3/2019 at Philadelphia
- Rushed for 103 yards on 11 carries at Green Bay, while adding five receptions for 40 yards and a receiving TD. His 143 yards from scrimmage was the second most of his career (147, 10/27/19 vs. LAC)
- Rushed for 89 yards rushing on 21 attempts in the Week 8 overtime loss to the Saints; also had a long run of 38 yards in that game
- Carried the ball 13 times for 64 yards (4.9 avg) in the Week 1 win at Detroit; also caught one pass for 10 yards
- Recorded 82 yards on 16 carries (5.1 avg) and added 45 yards on three catches, including a 28-yard TD catch in the first quarter in the Week 2 win over the Giants
- Scored on a 3-yard rushing TD in the Week 5 win over the Buccaneers; also caught seven passes for 30 yards, including a key 17-yarder along the left sideline late in the fourth quarter to help set up the game-winning field goal
- Sat out Week 10 with a concussion
2019 SEASON (Bears):
- Appeared in 16 games (eight starts) in his rookie season
- Finished the season with 889 rushing and 185 receiving yards to become the ninth Bears rookie to top 1,000 yards from scrimmage in their rookie season (1,074 yards from scrimmage) and the first since Jordan Howard in 2016
- His 889 yards and six TDs were both second in the NFL behind Oakland's Josh Jacobs (1,150 yds, 7 TDs) among rookie RBs
- Tied for the team lead with seven total touchdowns (6 rushing, 1 receiving)
- Added 25 receptions for 185 yards (7.4 avg) and one touchdown
- Rushed for 113 yards on 23 carries, including a 14-yard TD, in the Week 17 win at the Vikings, his second 100-yard game
- Rushed for a career-high 135 yards in Week 8 vs. the Chargers
- Recorded the first multi-touchdown game of his career at Philadelphia when he scored two 1-yard rushing scores in the third and fourth quarters; also recorded a season-long 30-yard reception in that game
- Scored the game-winning TD on a 3-yard pass from Mitchell Trubisky to cap a season-long 90-yard drive on Thanksgiving at Detroit
David Montgomery: 'I'm confident in who I am' | Press Conference
Running back David Montgomery addresses the media on Wednesday at Halas Hall to discuss expectations for the 2022 season, saying: "I've never been about proving anybody wrong, it's always about proving myself right."
Chicago Mahogany History Tour | Inside The Bears
David Montgomery, Spice Adams, and Bears staff members take a tour of the Bronzeville neighborhood led by Sherman "Dilla" Thomas. Jeremy Joyce, creator of Black People Eats, also joins the tour and offers Black-owned restaurant recommendations.
David Montgomery 2021 season highlights
Running back David Montgomery finished the season with 7 rushing touchdowns and 1,150 yards from scrimmage. Here are all of the third-year pro's top plays from the 2021 season.
David Montgomery: 'I know what I'm capable of doing' | Press Conference
Running back David Montgomery speaks with the media Monday from Halas Hall.
David Montgomery: 'I'm not here on accident' | Player Profile
Running back David Montgomery sits down with Jeff Joniak and talks about building a winning foundation in Chicago.
David Montgomery: 'I'm just grateful for the opportunity to go out and play' | Press Conference
Running back David Montgomery addresses the media Wednesday from Halas Hall.
David Montgomery's most impressive plays from 2-TD game
RB David Montgomery recorded 81 total yards and scored twice in the Bears' 29-3 win over the Giants. Watch #32's best plays from his two-touchdown performance.
Khyiris Tonga leads David Montgomery into end zone on 2-yard TD run
Bears RB David Montgomery finds the end zone from two yards out with the help of DL Khyiris Tonga, who was lined up as a fullback on the play.
David Montgomery punches it in for his second TD of the day
David Montgomery finds the end zone for the second time in the game to stretch the Bears' lead to 29-3.
David Montgomery: 'I run with physicality' | Press Conference
Running back David Montgomery speaks with the media Thursday from Halas Hall.
GMFB: David Montgomery named Week 16 'Angry Runs' winner
Bears RB David Montgomery was named Good Morning Football's Week 16 "Angry Runs" winner thanks to his truck-sticking of a Seahawks defender in Sunday's 25-24 comeback victory in Seattle.
David Montgomery on win: 'It feels amazing, I'm gonna enjoy it' | Press Conference
Bears running back David Montgomery speaks with the media following Sunday's victory over the Seattle Seahawks.
David Montgomery's truck stick plants Seahawks DB into ground
Bears RB David Montgomery runs over Seahawks DB Sidney Jones en route to a first down.
David Montgomery breaks out snow angel celebration after TD
Bears RB David Montgomery finds the end zone from a yard out and celebrates with a snow angel.
David Montgomery takes screen pass for 16-yard gain
Bears running back David Montgomery takes a screen pass for a 16-yard pickup.
NFLN: David Montgomery watches film with youth football player
Bears running back David Montgomery is joined by League MVP of the Waukegan Bulldogs, RB/WR Keeling Murray, to break down Keeling's game film as part of the NFL's "Next Generations" series.
David Montgomery locates cutback lane for 16-yard burst
David Montgomery plants his foot and cuts upfield for a strong 16-yard pickup.
Justin Fields finds David Montgomery on back shoulder to convert on 4th down
Bears RB David Montgomery leaps to make a nice back-shoulder catch of a Justin Fields throw to pick up the first down on fourth-and-1.
David Montgomery: 'We're just working hard' | Press Conference
Running back David Montgomery speaks with the media Friday at Halas Hall.
David Montgomery vs. Cardinals: 'I ain't giving up on us' | Mic'd Up
Go on the field with the Bears as running back David Montgomery is mic'd up for the team's' Week 13 matchup with the Arizona Cardinals at Soldier Field.
David Montgomery in the passing game vs. Cardinals | Thayer's Playbook
Bears radio analyst Tom Thayer breaks down game tape and shows how David Montgomery was integrated into the passing game against the Arizona Cardinals.
David Montgomery's best plays vs. Cardinals
Bears RB David Montgomery ran for 91 yards and caught a team-leading eight passes against the Arizona Cardinals. Watch the best plays from the third-year pro's Week 13 performance.
David Montgomery: 'I'll never stop giving everything I got' | Press Conference
Running back David Montgomery addresses the media on Sunday after the Bears' 33-22 loss to the Arizona Cardinals.
David Montgomery gashes Cardinals defense on 24-yard run
Bears RB David Montgomery busts up the middle for a 24-yard gain to get into Arizona territory.
5 things we learned from Bears offensive coaches
Speaking to the media, Bears offensive position coaches discussed running back David Montgomery's determination to improve, receiver Darnell Mooney's hunger and more.
Montgomery tabbed Bears' Offensive Player of Year
ChicagoBears.com has selected running back David Montgomery the Bears' Offensive Player of the Year for 2021. Despite missing four games with an injury, Montgomery led the Bears in rushing for the third straight year, running for 849 yards and seven touchdowns.
Bears players react to departure of Pace, Nagy
Bears running back David Montgomery and some of his teammates expressed gratitude to Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy Monday while also acknowledging that the NFL is a results-driven business.
Montgomery lauded for vocalizing passion for game
Bears coach Matt Nagy wasn't surprised to hear the impassioned words that running back David Montgomery uttered following Sunday's defeat to the Cardinals, saying: "That's who he is. That's his DNA. He's a special, special guy."
Quick Hits: Montgomery excels in Bears' loss to Cardinals
Bears running back David Montgomery provided a bright spot in Sunday's 33-22 loss to the Cardinals, rushing for a game-high 90 yards and one touchdown on 21 carries and catching a team-leading eight passes for 51 yards.
Roster Moves: Bears activate Montgomery, flex two others
The Bears on Monday activated running back David Montgomery from injured reserve, as expected, and flexed outside linebackers Sam Kamara and Cassius Marsh from the practice squad to the active roster.
Bears RB David Montgomery returns to practice
Bears running back David Montgomery returned to practice Thursday for the first time since hurting his knee Oct. 3 in a win over the Lions. The Bears will now have 21 days to activate him from injured reserve.
Where We Rank entering Week 6
The Bears and some of their players rank at or near the top of the NFL in key statistical categories entering Week 6. Here's how they stack up.
Roster Moves: Bears activate Trevathan from IR
One day before facing the Raiders in Las Vegas, the Bears on Saturday made four roster moves, including activating veteran inside linebacker Danny Trevathan off injured reserve.
Injury Update: Williams to replace injured Montgomery
With David Montgomery unavailable, Damien Williams moves into the starting running back role for the Bears. Defensively, outside linebacker Khalil Mack is expected to face his former team despite injuries to his knee and ribs.
Quick Hits: Montgomery discusses accountability
Running back David Montgomery is convinced that the Bears can rebound from last Sunday's disappointing loss in Cleveland, but he believes that players must first hold each other accountable for what transpired in the game.
Montgomery lauded for work ethic, breaking tackles
Emerging third-year running back David Montgomery has seemingly picked up this season where he left off last year when he rushed for 598 yards and seven touchdowns in the Bears' final six games.
3 things that stood out to Nagy in Week 1 loss
After watching tape of Sunday night's 34-14 season-opening loss to the Rams, Bears coach Matt Nagy shared his thoughts about the game, including the defense yielding too many explosive plays.
Quick Hits: Montgomery shines in Week 1 defeat
Running back David Montgomery provided a bright spot in Sunday night's 34-14 season-opening loss to the Rams, rushing for 108 yards and one touchdown.
Angry running style serves Montgomery well
Fueled by a fierce inner drive, David Montgomery runs with passion and aggression when he has the ball in his hands.
Quick Hits: Bears want ball in Montgomery's hands
The Bears leaned heavily on running back David Montgomery late last season when they were battling for a playoff berth and could continue to do so this year.
Bears 2021 position preview: Running back
Led by emerging third-year pro David Montgomery, the Bears boast a deep and talented group of running backs that also includes veteran free agent acquisition Damien Williams and versatile playmaker Tarik Cohen.
Montgomery driven to reach untapped potential
Although David Montgomery was the only NFL player to record at least 1,000 yards rushing and 400 yards receiving last year, the talented Bears running back is aiming even higher as he enters his third pro season.
4 reasons to be optimistic about Bears' future
With a core of promising young players led by Roquan Smith and David Montgomery melding with key additions in free agency and the draft, the Bears are confident they'll improve in 2021.
9 players to watch in 2021: David Montgomery
Bears running back David Montgomery showed improved leadership, receiving skills and breakaway speed in his second NFL season in 2020.
Where We Rank for the 2020 season
With the regular season in the books, several Bears players finished the season ranked highly in individual statistical categories. Here's how they stack up.
Quick Hits: Mooney shines in Bears' season finale
Darnell Mooney saved the best for last, delivering the most productive game of an impressive rookie year in Sunday's season finale.
Montgomery steps up as leader on offense
Running backs coach Charles London discusses David Montgomery's development.
Where We Rank heading into Week 17
The last five weeks have seen an offensive explosion that has moved the Bears offense and offensive players up in league rankings. Here's how they stack up.
Top 10: Week 1 rushing performances
David Montgomery carried for 108 yards against the Rams. See where his rushing yards ranked among all NFL running backs in the first week of the 2021 season.
David Montgomery & Darnell Mooney go bowling | Behind the Scenes
Bears RB David Montgomery, WR Darnell Mooney and team reporter Lauren Screeden spent a day off on the lanes taking part in a friendly competition at the bowling alley.
1,000-yard rushers in Bears history
RB David Montgomery rushed for 1,070 yards in 2020. It is the 32nd time a Bears running back has broken the 1,000-yard mark in a single season. Take a look at each of the 13 players in franchise history that have accomplished the feat.
Draft gallery: David Montgomery
With the 73rd overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Bears select RB David Montgomery