|4||Lions||W 24 - 14||23||106||4.6||24||2|
|3||@Browns||L 6 - 26||10||34||3.4||16||0||2||21||10.5||11||0|
|2||Bengals||W 20 - 17||20||61||3.1||11||0||3||18||6||10||0|
|1||@Rams||L 14 - 34||16||108||6.8||41||1||1||10||10||10||0|
- Has played in 31 career games with 22 starts, rushing for 1,959 yards and 14 TDs in his first two seasons; also has 79 catches for 623 yards and three scores
- His 2,582 yards from scrimmage through two professional seasons ranks fourth most in Bears history during that span
- Finished his rookie season in 2019 with 889 rushing and 185 receiving yards to become the ninth Bears rookie to top 1,000 yards from scrimmage in their rookie season (1,074 yards from scrimmage) and the first since Jordan Howard in 2016; his 889 yards and six TDs were both second in the NFL
2020 SEASON (Bears):
- Played in 15 games with 14 starts
- Had 1,508 total yards from scrimmage (5th in the NFL); 1,070 on the ground (5th in the NFL) and 438 through the air with 10 touchdowns (8 rushing, 2 receiving)
- Was one of five NFL players with over 1,500 yards from scrimmage and was the only NFL RB with over 1,000 rushing yards and over 400 receiving yards
- Montgomery found the end zone for the sixth consecutive week in Week 17; he was the first Bears player to have scored in five straight weeks since Alshon Jeffery in 2014 and the first to rush for a TD in five straight since Neal Anderson in 1990
- Eclipsed 1,000 rushing yards on the season in Week 16 for the first time in his career; he was Chicago's first 1,000-yard back since Jordan Howard in 2017
- In Week 15 at Minnesota, set career-highs with 146 rushing yards on 32 carries with two TDs; joined Walter Payton as only the second player in Bears history with 30+ carries, 140+ rushing yards, and at least two rushing TDs in single game
- Became the first Bears rusher since Jordan Howard in 2016 to rush for 100+ yards in back to back games (Weeks 14-15)
- In Week 14 vs. Houston, he broke a career-long 80-yard TD run on the Bears first play from scrimmage; it tied the longest TD run by the Bears in the SB era, with Neil Anderson's 80-yard TD run vs. Green Bay on Nov. 27, 1988
- Had 106 yards in the first half in Week 14 vs. Houston, the first time a Bears rusher had over 100 yards in the first half since Matt Forte on 9/13/2015; finished with 113 yards on 11 carries
- Rushed for two TDs in Week 13 and Week 15, and now has three career multi-TD game, the other being 11/3/2019 at Philadelphia
- Rushed for 103 yards on 11 carries at Green Bay, while adding five receptions for 40 yards and a receiving TD. His 143 yards from scrimmage was the second most of his career (147, 10/27/19 vs. LAC)
- Rushed for 89 yards rushing on 21 attempts in the Week 8 overtime loss to the Saints; also had a long run of 38 yards in that game
- Carried the ball 13 times for 64 yards (4.9 avg) in the Week 1 win at Detroit; also caught one pass for 10 yards
- Recorded 82 yards on 16 carries (5.1 avg) and added 45 yards on three catches, including a 28-yard TD catch in the first quarter in the Week 2 win over the Giants
- Scored on a 3-yard rushing TD in the Week 5 win over the Buccaneers; also caught seven passes for 30 yards, including a key 17-yarder along the left sideline late in the fourth quarter to help set up the game-winning field goal
- Sat out Week 10 with a concussion
2019 SEASON (Bears):
- Appeared in 16 games (eight starts) in his rookie season
- Finished the season with 889 rushing and 185 receiving yards to become the ninth Bears rookie to top 1,000 yards from scrimmage in their rookie season (1,074 yards from scrimmage) and the first since Jordan Howard in 2016
- His 889 yards and six TDs were both second in the NFL behind Oakland's Josh Jacobs (1,150 yds, 7 TDs) among rookie RBs
- Tied for the team lead with seven total touchdowns (6 rushing, 1 receiving)
- Added 25 receptions for 185 yards (7.4 avg) and one touchdown
- Rushed for 113 yards on 23 carries, including a 14-yard TD, in the Week 17 win at the Vikings, his second 100-yard game
- Rushed for a career-high 135 yards in Week 8 vs. the Chargers
- Recorded the first multi-touchdown game of his career at Philadelphia when he scored two 1-yard rushing scores in the third and fourth quarters; also recorded a season-long 30-yard reception in that game
- Scored the game-winning TD on a 3-yard pass from Mitchell Trubisky to cap a season-long 90-yard drive on Thanksgiving at Detroit
David Montgomery's best plays from 2-TD game
Take a look at RB David Montgomery's top plays from his 2-touchdown performance in Week 4's victory over the Lions.
David Montgomery powers for 4-yard TD
RB David Montgomery finds his way into the end zone from 4 yards out to cap the Bears' 75-yard opening drive.
David Montgomery, offensive line push pile for 9-yard TD run
RB David Montgomery, with some help from the Bears' offensive line, powers his way into the end zone from 9 yards out for his second score of the day.
David Montgomery: 'We have a lot of games to prove what we're capable of' | Press Conference
Running back David Montgomery speaks with the media Thursday at Halas Hall.
David Montgomery: 'It's a kids game and it's supposed to be fun' | Player Profile
Running back David Montgomery sits down with Jeff Joniak and talks about his relationship with head coach Matt Nagy and his evolving role as a leader in the Bears locker room.
David Montgomery on facing the Browns defense | Press Conference
Running back David Montgomery addresses the media on Friday at Halas Hall.
Montgomery, Mooney compete off the field | Inside the Bears
Bears running back David Montgomery and receiver Darnell Mooney bring their competitive fire to the bowling alley.
David Montgomery, Khalil Herbert among fastest ball carriers in Week 1
David Montgomery and Khalil Herbert were among the five fastest ball carriers across the NFL in Week 1, according to Next Gen Stats. Watch the video to find out where each RB ranked.
David Montgomery's best runs from 108-yard performance
Watch Bears running back David Montgomery's top runs from his 108-yard effort in Week 1's game against the Los Angeles Rams.
David Montgomery on his performance vs. Rams | Press Conference
Running back David Montgomery meets with the media following the Bears' loss to the Los Angeles Rams.
David Montgomery's nifty cutback turns into 41-yard burst
Bears RB David Montgomery cuts back and runs up the right sideline for 41 yards.
David Montgomery powers into end zone for a 3-yard TD
RB David Montgomery churns his legs and gets into the end zone for a touchdown to get the Bears on the scoreboard.
David Montgomery: 'I'm excited to just go out there and play' | Press Conference
RB David Montgomery talks with the media about how excited he is for Sunday night's season opener against the Rams in Los Angeles.
David Montgomery: 'I'm going to give everything I got' | Press Conference
Running back David Montgomery addresses the media following the Bears' second joint practice with the Miami Dolphins at Halas Hall.
David Montgomery embracing leadership role in Year 3 | Press Conference
Running back David Montgomery meets the media Thursday following the Chicago Bears' first training camp practice with fans at Halas Hall and talks about his growing role as a leader on offense.
David Montgomery on GMFB
RB David Montgomery joined NFL Network's 'Good Morning Football' to discuss team expectations, how he's prepared for the upcoming season and how throwing the first pitch at a White Sox game made him more nervous than playing pro football.
NFLN: Montgomery primed for 'huge year'
NFL Network's Maurice Jones-Drew explains why David Montgomery is set to break out in 2021 and how vital the third-year RB is to the Bears' offensive success.
Where We Rank entering Week 6
The Bears and some of their players rank at or near the top of the NFL in key statistical categories entering Week 6. Here's how they stack up.
Roster Moves: Bears activate Trevathan from IR
One day before facing the Raiders in Las Vegas, the Bears on Saturday made four roster moves, including activating veteran inside linebacker Danny Trevathan off injured reserve.
Injury Update: Williams to replace injured Montgomery
With David Montgomery unavailable, Damien Williams moves into the starting running back role for the Bears. Defensively, outside linebacker Khalil Mack is expected to face his former team despite injuries to his knee and ribs.
Quick Hits: Montgomery discusses accountability
Running back David Montgomery is convinced that the Bears can rebound from last Sunday's disappointing loss in Cleveland, but he believes that players must first hold each other accountable for what transpired in the game.
Montgomery lauded for work ethic, breaking tackles
Emerging third-year running back David Montgomery has seemingly picked up this season where he left off last year when he rushed for 598 yards and seven touchdowns in the Bears' final six games.
3 things that stood out to Nagy in Week 1 loss
After watching tape of Sunday night's 34-14 season-opening loss to the Rams, Bears coach Matt Nagy shared his thoughts about the game, including the defense yielding too many explosive plays.
Quick Hits: Montgomery shines in Week 1 defeat
Running back David Montgomery provided a bright spot in Sunday night's 34-14 season-opening loss to the Rams, rushing for 108 yards and one touchdown.
Angry running style serves Montgomery well
Fueled by a fierce inner drive, David Montgomery runs with passion and aggression when he has the ball in his hands.
Quick Hits: Bears want ball in Montgomery's hands
The Bears leaned heavily on running back David Montgomery late last season when they were battling for a playoff berth and could continue to do so this year.
Bears 2021 position preview: Running back
Led by emerging third-year pro David Montgomery, the Bears boast a deep and talented group of running backs that also includes veteran free agent acquisition Damien Williams and versatile playmaker Tarik Cohen.
Montgomery driven to reach untapped potential
Although David Montgomery was the only NFL player to record at least 1,000 yards rushing and 400 yards receiving last year, the talented Bears running back is aiming even higher as he enters his third pro season.
4 reasons to be optimistic about Bears' future
With a core of promising young players led by Roquan Smith and David Montgomery melding with key additions in free agency and the draft, the Bears are confident they'll improve in 2021.
9 players to watch in 2021: David Montgomery
Bears running back David Montgomery showed improved leadership, receiving skills and breakaway speed in his second NFL season in 2020.
Where We Rank for the 2020 season
With the regular season in the books, several Bears players finished the season ranked highly in individual statistical categories. Here's how they stack up.
Quick Hits: Mooney shines in Bears' season finale
Darnell Mooney saved the best for last, delivering the most productive game of an impressive rookie year in Sunday's season finale.
Montgomery steps up as leader on offense
Running backs coach Charles London discusses David Montgomery's development.
Where We Rank heading into Week 17
The last five weeks have seen an offensive explosion that has moved the Bears offense and offensive players up in league rankings. Here's how they stack up.
Young players help fuel Bears' recent resurgence
The Bears boast several talented veterans on both sides of the ball, but a group of promising young players has been just as instrumental in the team's recent resurgence, especially on offense.
5 things you may not know about David Montgomery
David Montgomery rushed for a career-high 146 yards against the Minnesota Vikings. Here are five things you may not know about the second-year running back.
Where We Rank heading into Week 16
Some Bears players rank at or near the top of the NFL in key statistical categories entering Week 16 of the season. Here's how they stack up.
Postgame Perspective: Montgomery central to offensive resurgence
Running back David Montgomery's 146 yards and two touchdowns showed the best of the Bears' new-look offense Sunday in a 33-27 win over the Vikings in Minnesota.
Chalk Talk: When was Bears' last TD on first play?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses the last time the Bears scored a touchdown on their first play from scrimmage, where David Montgomery's 80-yard TD ranks among the longest runs in team history and why the Bears were called for a false start at the Texans' 1-yard line.
Montgomery confident run game will rebound
As he prepares to return to action Sunday night in Green Bay, Bears running back David Montgomery is convinced that better days are ahead for a struggling rushing attack.
Chalk Talk: Will Montgomery play against Packers?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses whether running back David Montgomery will return to action Sunday night in Green Bay, a remarkable interception by a Bears Super Bowl champion and how close Cordarrelle Patterson is to Gale Sayers' NFL record for kickoff-return average.
Top 10: Week 1 rushing performances
David Montgomery carried for 108 yards against the Rams. See where his rushing yards ranked among all NFL running backs in the first week of the 2021 season.
David Montgomery & Darnell Mooney go bowling | Behind the Scenes
Bears RB David Montgomery, WR Darnell Mooney and team reporter Lauren Screeden spent a day off on the lanes taking part in a friendly competition at the bowling alley.
1,000-yard rushers in Bears history
RB David Montgomery rushed for 1,070 yards in 2020. It is the 32nd time a Bears running back has broken the 1,000-yard mark in a single season. Take a look at each of the 13 players in franchise history that have accomplished the feat.
Draft gallery: David Montgomery
With the 73rd overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Bears select RB David Montgomery