|17||Packers||L 16 - 35||22||69||3.1||8||1||9||63||7||14||0|
|16||@Jaguars||W 41 - 17||23||95||4.1||26||1||2||26||13||24||0|
|15||@Vikings||W 33 - 27||32||146||4.6||19||2||1||16||16||16||0|
|14||Texans||W 36 - 7||11||113||10.3||80||1||3||42||14||18||0|
|13||Lions||L 30 - 34||17||72||4.2||13||2||4||39||9.8||16||0|
|12||@Packers||L 25 - 41||11||103||9.4||57||0||5||40||8||13||1|
|10||Vikings||L 13 - 19|
|9||@Titans||L 17 - 24||14||30||2.1||5||0||3||12||4||13||0||1||1|
|8||Saints||L 23 - 26||21||89||4.2||38||0||2||16||8||9||0|
|7||@Rams||L 10 - 24||14||48||3.4||11||0||5||21||4.2||7||0|
|2||Giants||W 17 - 13||16||82||5.1||23||0||3||45||15||28||1|
|6||@Panthers||W 23 - 16||19||58||3.1||12||0||4||39||9.8||13||0|
|5||Buccaneers||W 20 - 19||10||29||2.9||7||1||7||30||4.3||17||0|
|4||Colts||L 11 - 19||10||27||2.7||6||0||3||30||10||17||0|
|3||@Falcons||W 30 - 26||14||45||3.2||11||0||2||9||4.5||6||0|
|1||@Lions||W 27 - 23||13||64||4.9||10||0||1||10||10||10||0|
- In his second season in 2020, rushed for 1,070 yards on 247 carries with 10 total TDs (8 rushing and 2 receiving)
- His 2,582 yards from scrimmage through two professional seasons ranks fourth most in Bears history during that span
- Finished his rookie season in 2019 with 889 rushing and 185 receiving yards to become the ninth Bears rookie to top 1,000 yards from scrimmage in their rookie season (1,074 yards from scrimmage) and the first since Jordan Howard in 2016; his 889 yards and six TDs were both second in the NFL
- Appeared in all 16 games during his rookie season for the Bears after being selected in the third round of the 2019 draft
2020 SEASON (Bears)
- Had 1,508 total yards from scrimmage (5th in the NFL); 1,070 on the ground (5th in the NFL) and 438 through the air with 10 touchdowns (8 rushing, 2 receiving)
- Was one of five NFL players with over 1,500 yards from scrimmage and was the only NFL RB with over 1,000 rushing yards and over 400 receiving yards
- Montgomery found the end zone for the sixth consecutive week in Week 17; he was the first Bears player to have scored in five straight weeks since Alshon Jeffery in 2014 and the first to rush for a TD in five straight since Neal Anderson in 1990
- Eclipsed 1,000 rushing yards on the season in Week 16 for the first time in his career; he was Chicago's first 1,000-yard back since Jordan Howard in 2017
- In Week 15 at Minnesota, set career-highs with 146 rushing yards on 32 carries with two TDs; joined Walter Payton as only the second player in Bears history with 30+ carries, 140+ rushing yards, and at least two rushing TDs in single game
- Became the first Bears rusher since Jordan Howard in 2016 to rush for 100+ yards in back to back games (Weeks 14-15)
- In Week 14 vs. Houston, he broke a career-long 80-yard TD run on the Bears first play from scrimmage; it tied the longest TD run by the Bears in the SB era, with Neil Anderson's 80-yard TD run vs. Green Bay on Nov. 27, 1988
- Had 106 yards in the first half in Week 14 vs. Houston, the first time a Bears rusher had over 100 yards in the first half since Matt Forte on 9/13/2015; finished with 113 yards on 11 carries
- Rushed for two TDs in Week 13 and Week 15, and now has three career multi-TD game, the other being 11/3/2019 at Philadelphia
- Rushed for 103 yards on 11 carries at Green Bay, while adding five receptions for 40 yards and a receiving TD. His 143 yards from scrimmage was the second most of his career (147, 10/27/19 vs. LAC)
- Rushed for 89 yards rushing on 21 attempts in the Week 8 overtime loss to the Saints; also had a long run of 38 yards in that game
- Carried the ball 13 times for 64 yards (4.9 avg) in the Week 1 win at Detroit; also caught one pass for 10 yards
- Recorded 82 yards on 16 carries (5.1 avg) and added 45 yards on three catches, including a 28-yard TD catch in the first quarter in the Week 2 win over the Giants
- Scored on a 3-yard rushing TD in the Week 5 win over the Buccaneers; also caught seven passes for 30 yards, including a key 17-yarder along the left sideline late in the fourth quarter to help set up the game-winning field goal
- Sat out Week 10 with a concussion
2019 SEASON (Bears):
- Appeared in 16 games (eight starts) in his rookie season
- Finished the season with 889 rushing and 185 receiving yards to become the ninth Bears rookie to top 1,000 yards from scrimmage in their rookie season (1,074 yards from scrimmage) and the first since Jordan Howard in 2016
- His 889 yards and six TDs were both second in the NFL behind Oakland's Josh Jacobs (1,150 yds, 7 TDs) among rookie RBs
- Tied for the team lead with seven total touchdowns (6 rushing, 1 receiving)
- Added 25 receptions for 185 yards (7.4 avg) and one touchdown
- Rushed for 113 yards on 23 carries, including a 14-yard TD, in the Week 17 win at the Vikings, his second 100-yard game
- Rushed for a career-high 135 yards in Week 8 vs. the Chargers
- Recorded the first multi-touchdown game of his career at Philadelphia when he scored two 1-yard rushing scores in the third and fourth quarters; also recorded a season-long 30-yard reception in that game
- Scored the game-winning TD on a 3-yard pass from Mitchell Trubisky to cap a season-long 90-yard drive on Thanksgiving at Detroit
NFLN: Montgomery primed for 'huge year'
NFL Network's Maurice Jones-Drew explains why David Montgomery is set to break out in 2021 and how vital the third-year RB is to the Bears' offensive success.
Montgomery on RBs: 'We've got a lot of talent in that room'
Running back David Montgomery meets with the media after Wednesday's OTA practice at Halas Hall.
Thayer's Playbook | Montgomery becoming an offensive centerpiece
Chicago Bears analyst Tom Thayer breaks down game tape and shows how running back David Montgomery is making an impact for the Bears' offense.
Next Gen Stats: Montgomery's 80-yard TD among top 10 in Rush Yards Over Expected
According to NFL Next Gen Stats, RB David Montgomery's 80-yard TD in the Bears' Week 14 win over the Houston Texans was one of the top 10 runs of the 2020 season iin the Rush Yards Over Expected category. Where does Montgomery rank? Watch the video to find out.
Montgomery stretches out, finds end zone for TD
Bears RB David Montgomery navigates through the Packers defense and reaches the ball over the goal line for a touchdown.
Trubisky, Montgomery connect to get Bears into field-goal range
RB David Montgomery picks up 14 yards on a Mitchell Trubisky pass to put the Bears into field-goal range.
GMFB: Montgomery talks Trubisky, offensive resurgence, Packers matchup
RB David Montgomery joined "Good Morning Football" to discuss his performance over the past five games, the Bears' offensive resurgence, QB Mitchell Trubisky's leadership and the team's mindset heading into Sunday's regular-season finale against the Packers.
Montgomery: 'I trust my guys, I trust my brothers'
Running back David Montgomery meets with the media after the Bears' 41-17 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Montgomery navigates for 26-yard burst
Bears RB David Montgomery weaves through Jaguars defenders on his way to a 26-yard run.
Trubisky finds wide-open Montgomery for 24-yard catch and run
RB David Montgomery hauls in a Mitchell Trubisky pass and runs 24 yards for a first down.
Montgomery squeezes through traffic for TD
Bears running back David Montgomery maneuvers through the defense and finds the end zone for a touchdown.
GMFB: Montgomery awarded Week 15 game ball
Bears RB David Montgomery was awarded a game ball on NFL Network's "Good Morning Football" thanks to his career-high 146-yard, 2-TD performance in Sunday's 33-27 win over the Minnesota Vikings.
Montgomery's best plays from career game against Vikings
David Montgomery rushed for a career-high 146 yards and 2 TDs in the Bears' 33-27 Week 15 win over the Minnesota Vikings. Check out the best plays from the RB's huge performance.
Montgomery on his workload: 'Make it count'
Running back David Montgomery meets with the media following the Bears' 33-27 win over the Minnesota Vikings.
Montgomery powers for strong 19-yard run
Bears RB David Montgomery picks up 19 yards thanks to a strong first-down run.
Montgomery powers into end zone for 1-yard TD
Bears RB David Montgomery finds his way into the end zone for a 1-yard touchdown run.
Montgomery finds end zone for second TD of game
Bears RB David Montgomery takes the handoff and runs 14 yards for his second touchdown of the game.
Next Gen Stats: Montgomery tops in Rush Yards Over Expected
According to NFL Next Gen Stats, David Montgomery led all NFL running backs in Rush Yards Over Expected in Week 14 by turning an expected 7-yard gain into an 80-yard TD run in the Bears' 36-7 win over the Houston Texans.
Montgomery's best plays from 155-yard game vs. Texans
Watch all of RB David Montgomery's best plays from the Bears' 36-7 Week 14 win over the Houston Texans, including his career-long 80-yard TD run.
Montgomery on Bears' 36-7 win over Texans
Bears running back David Montgomery speaks to the media following Sunday's 36-7 victory over the Texans at Soldier Field.
Trevathan praises all three Bears phases in Sunday's win
Chicago Bears linebacker Danny Trevathan addresses the media after Sunday's 36-7 win over Houston.
Can't-Miss Play: Montgomery races for 80-yard TD on Bears' first play
RB David Montgomery takes the handoff and races 80 yards for a touchdown on the Bears' opening play of the game.
Player Profile | David Montgomery
Bears running back David Montgomery sits down with Jeff Joniak for this week's Player Profile.
Mic'd Up | David Montgomery vs Lions
Go on the field with the Bears as running back David Montgomery is mic'd up for the Bears' matchup with the Detroit Lions.
Montgomery driven to reach untapped potential
Although David Montgomery was the only NFL player to record at least 1,000 yards rushing and 400 yards receiving last year, the talented Bears running back is aiming even higher as he enters his third pro season.
4 reasons to be optimistic about Bears' future
With a core of promising young players led by Roquan Smith and David Montgomery melding with key additions in free agency and the draft, the Bears are confident they'll improve in 2021.
9 players to watch in 2021: David Montgomery
Bears running back David Montgomery showed improved leadership, receiving skills and breakaway speed in his second NFL season in 2020.
Where We Rank for the 2020 season
With the regular season in the books, several Bears players finished the season ranked highly in individual statistical categories. Here's how they stack up.
Quick Hits: Mooney shines in Bears' season finale
Darnell Mooney saved the best for last, delivering the most productive game of an impressive rookie year in Sunday's season finale.
Montgomery steps up as leader on offense
Running backs coach Charles London discusses David Montgomery's development.
Where We Rank heading into Week 17
The last five weeks have seen an offensive explosion that has moved the Bears offense and offensive players up in league rankings. Here's how they stack up.
Young players help fuel Bears' recent resurgence
The Bears boast several talented veterans on both sides of the ball, but a group of promising young players has been just as instrumental in the team's recent resurgence, especially on offense.
5 things you may not know about David Montgomery
David Montgomery rushed for a career-high 146 yards against the Minnesota Vikings. Here are five things you may not know about the second-year running back.
Where We Rank heading into Week 16
Some Bears players rank at or near the top of the NFL in key statistical categories entering Week 16 of the season. Here's how they stack up.
Postgame Perspective: Montgomery central to offensive resurgence
Running back David Montgomery's 146 yards and two touchdowns showed the best of the Bears' new-look offense Sunday in a 33-27 win over the Vikings in Minnesota.
Chalk Talk: When was Bears' last TD on first play?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses the last time the Bears scored a touchdown on their first play from scrimmage, where David Montgomery's 80-yard TD ranks among the longest runs in team history and why the Bears were called for a false start at the Texans' 1-yard line.
Montgomery confident run game will rebound
As he prepares to return to action Sunday night in Green Bay, Bears running back David Montgomery is convinced that better days are ahead for a struggling rushing attack.
Chalk Talk: Will Montgomery play against Packers?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses whether running back David Montgomery will return to action Sunday night in Green Bay, a remarkable interception by a Bears Super Bowl champion and how close Cordarrelle Patterson is to Gale Sayers' NFL record for kickoff-return average.
Injury Update: Who's in, who's out for Vikings game
Bears running back David Montgomery remains in the NFL's concussion protocol and has been ruled out of Monday night's game against the Vikings.
Montgomery remains in NFL's concussion protocol
Bears running back David Montgomery did not practice Thursday and remains in the NFL's concussion protocol. It is unclear whether the second-year pro will be able to play Monday night against the Vikings.
Quick Hits: Montgomery in concussion protocol, Spriggs removed from COVID-19 list
Bears running back David Montgomery is in the NFL's concussion protocol after suffering a concussion against the Titans. But there was good news Monday as tackle Jason Spriggs was removed from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
Choosing Sides: What will be highest outcome?
Our six-person panel predicts which of the following will produce the highest outcome Sunday in Atlanta: Mitchell Trubisky's passer rating, David Montgomery's rushing yards or Allen Robinson II's receiving yards.
Montgomery continues to recover from injury
Bears running back David Montgomery showed progress with his groin injury, practicing without restrictions Thursday after being limited Wednesday.
Montgomery leaves practice with groin injury
Bears running back David Montgomery exited Wednesday's practice after sustaining a groin injury. The second-year pro will be further evaluated, with coach Matt Nagy telling reporters: "We don't know the severity."
Sleeker Montgomery ready to hit ground running
Bears running back David Montgomery slimmed down in the offseason by changing his diet, hoping to be more productive in his second NFL season than he was as a rookie last year.
5 players to watch on offense in training camp
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses five Bears players on offense to monitor when training camp begins next week, including second-year running back David Montgomery.
Bears training camp preview: Running backs
The Bears have high expectations this season for top running backs David Montgomery and Tarik Cohen, who provide a strong complementary tandem in the backfield.
Montgomery honored to win Piccolo Award
With protests against racial injustice continuing across the country, winning the Brian Piccolo Award was special for Bears running back David Montgomery due to the close friendship Piccolo had with teammate Gale Sayers.