|12||@Lions||W 16 - 14||3||1||2||0||0||0|
|11||Ravens||L 13 - 16||5||4||1||0.5||0||0|
|9||@Steelers||L 27 - 29||3||2||1||0||0||0|
|8||49ers||L 22 - 33||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|7||@Buccaneers||L 3 - 38|
|6||Packers||L 14 - 24||2||0||2||0||0||0|
|5||@Raiders||W 20 - 9|
|4||Lions||W 24 - 14|
|3||@Browns||L 6 - 26|
|2||Bengals||W 20 - 17|
|1||@Rams||L 14 - 34|
- Has appeared in 67 contests with 63 starts across five seasons
- Owns 153 career tackles, 12.5 sacks, 17 TFLs, two fumble recoveries and one pass breakup
2015: Mel Kiper and PFWA All-Rookie teams
2020 SEASON (Bears):
- Reserve/COVID-19 Opt-Out
2019 SEASON (Bears):
- Voted a Pro Bowl alternate; started 15 games, recording 29 tackles, one sack and two TFLs
- Recorded 1.0 sack on Eagles QB Carson Wentz in Week 9 at Philadelphia
- Also had one TFL in a Thanksgiving Day win at the Lions
2018 SEASON (Bears):
- Started 16 games, recording 39 tackles, 3.0 sacks, five tackles for loss and one fumble recovery
- Forced a safety by sacking Rams QB Jared Goff in the end zone in a Week 14 home win over the Rams on Sunday Night Football
- Also recorded sacks on Seattle's Russell Wilson and Minnesota's Kirk Cousins in Weeks 2 and 17, respectively
- Added four tackles and one tackle for loss in Wild Card playoff game vs. PHI (1/6/19)
2017 SEASON (Bears):
- Started 15 games, recording 44 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 1 fumble recovery and 3 TFLs
- Recorded his first sack of the season in Week 2 at Tampa Bay; also had a half sack in a Week 7 win over the Panthers
2016 SEASON (Bears):
- Limited because of injury to six games with five starts, recording 24 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 2 TFLs and 1 pass breakup
- Recorded a half sack in the opener at Houston while also picking up sacks in Week 10 at Tampa Bay and Week 14 at Detroit
2015 SEASON (Bears):
- Started in 12 of 15 games for the Bears while his 4.5 sacks ranked fourth among NFL rookies; added 39 tackles and 6 TFL
- Posted a career-high 2.0 sacks in a Week 13 win over the 49ers; also posted sacks in a Week 4 win over the Raiders and in Week 11 vs. the Broncos
- Was placed on IR on 12/30 with an ankle injury
Injury Update: Goldman expected to return to action
Nose tackle Eddie Goldman was not given an injury designation Friday and is expected to play in his first regular-season game since December 2019.
Roster Moves: Bears rule Goldman out, flex Hunt
The Bears on Saturday ruled nose tackle Eddie Goldman out of Sunday's game against the Browns while also flexing veteran defensive tackle Margus Hunt from the practice squad to the active roster.
Injury Update: Gipson doubtful, Goldman questionable
Bears safety Tashaun Gipson Sr. (hamstring) is doubtful for Sunday's road contest against the Browns, while nose tackle Eddie Goldman (knee) is expected to be a game-time decision. Neither player practiced Friday.
Roster Moves: Bears rule out Goldman, elevate two from practice squad
The Bears on Saturday ruled nose tackle Eddie Goldman out of Sunday night's season opener against the Rams while also flexing linebacker Josh Woods and defensive tackle Damion Square from the practice squad to the active roster.
Injury Update: Goldman out for season opener
Nose tackle Eddie Goldman missed practice for the third straight day Friday and was downgraded to out after originally being listed as doubtful for Sunday night's season opener against the Rams.
Roster Moves: Bears activate Goldman from COVID list
The Bears on Friday activated nose tackle Eddie Goldman from the reserve/COVID-19 list and waived receiver Thomas Ives.
6 things we learned from Bears coordinators
Bears coordinators Bill Lazor (offense), Sean Desai (defense) and Chris Tabor (special teams) spoke to reporters Friday about Andy Dalton's grasp of the offense, the need to generate more takeaways on defense and more.
Goldman thrilled to be back with Bears after hiatus
Saying that opting out of the 2020 season due to COVID-19 concerns "really took a toll on me," Bears nose tackle Eddie Goldman was ecstatic to practice with his teammates for the first time since December 2019.
4 things we learned from Pace, Nagy
In kicking off training camp Tuesday at Halas Hall, GM Ryan Pace and coach Matt Nagy discussed Eddie Goldman's status, how much starters will play in preseason games and much more.
9 Bears players to watch during training camp
The Bears' three second-round picks in the last two drafts—Cole Kmet, Jaylon Johnson and Teven Jenkins—will be among the key players to watch when training camp kicks off next week.
Bears 2021 position preview: Defensive line
The Bears defensive line in 2021 will once again be powered by productive veteran Akiem Hicks and ascending fourth-year pro Bilal Nichols.
Chalk Talk: Is Goldman returning after opting out?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses whether nose tackle Eddie Goldman will be back with the Bears after opting out of the 2020 season due to COVID, how a lower-than-expected salary cap will affect the Bears and how Alabama quarterback Mac Jones boosted his draft stock.
Bears training camp preview: Defensive line
The return of talented veteran defensive tackle Akiem Hicks from injury figures to give the Bears defense a gigantic boost in 2020. A Pro Bowler in 2018, Hicks was limited to six games by knee and elbow injuries last season.
Goldman wins inaugural Sweep the Sheds Award
Nose tackle Eddie Goldman was presented with the Bears' first Sweep the Sheds Award, which recognizes a player for doing the little things that often go unnoticed.
Fangio impressed with Smith's progress
Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio is pleased with how well first-round draft pick Roquan Smith-a speedy and tenacious inside linebacker-has digested the playbook.
Bears defense boasts continuity, trust
With coordinator Vic Fangio and a core group of veterans returning, the Bears are hoping that the continuity they possess on defense will enable the unit to flourish in 2018.
Which players have been drafted 8th?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses prospects who have been taken with the No. 8 pick in the draft that the Bears own this year and the college that has produced the most Bears draft picks.
Hicks praises veteran coordinator Fangio
With coordinator Vic Fangio bringing continuity and a no-nonsense approach to the Bears defense, Akiem Hicks and his teammates are aiming to become a top-five unit.
Where do Bears pick in draft?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses where the Bears pick throughout the draft, if they're more inclined to address the defense than the offense this offseason and where Matt Forte ranks among the greatest Bears running backs.
Fangio focused on improving current players
While others may be looking ahead to free agency and the draft, Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio is focused on improving the players already on the roster.
4 things to watch: Bears vs. Lions
Senior writer Larry Mayer identifies four storylines to watch Saturday when the Bears visit the Lions, including the continued development of rookie quarterback Mitchell Trubisky.
3 things that stood out in Week 14 win
Senior writer Larry Mayer identifies three things that stood out Sunday in the Bears' 33-7 rout of the Bengals, including quarterback Mitchell Trubisky's best performance of the season.
Game Recap: Bears dominate Bengals, win 33-7
Delivering their most complete performance of the season, the Bears dominated on both sides of the ball in a 33-7 rout of the Bengals Sunday in Cincinnati, snapping a five-game losing streak.
4 things to watch: Bears-Bengals
Senior writer Larry Mayer identifies four storylines to watch Sunday when the Bears visit the Bengals, including whether the Chicago offense will show improvement or continue to struggle.