|WK||OPP||RESULT||Punts||Yds||Net Yds||Lng||Avg||Net Avg||Blk||OOB||Dn||In 20||TB||FC||RET||RetY||TD|
|6||Packers||L 14 - 24||4||161||145||48||40.3||36.3||0||0||1||3||0||1||2||16||0|
|5||@Raiders||W 20 - 9||5||234||225||53||46.8||45||0||0||0||2||0||4||1||9||0|
|4||Lions||W 24 - 14||3||159||130||60||53||43.3||0||0||0||0||0||0||3||29||0|
|3||@Browns||L 6 - 26||7||397||294||63||56.7||42||0||0||0||0||0||0||7||103||0|
|2||Bengals||W 20 - 17||4||169||134||47||42.3||33.5||0||0||0||2||1||2||1||15||0|
|1||@Rams||L 14 - 34||1||36||36||36||36||36||0||0||0||1||0||1||0||0||0|
|SEASON||TEAM||G||GS||Punts||Yds||Net Yds||Lng||Avg||Net Avg||Blk||OOB||Dn||In 20||TB||FC||RET||RetY||TD|
- Enters his eighth season in Chicago in 2021; has a 45.0 gross avg while landing 181 punts inside the 20 with 32 touchbacks
- Has allowed 2,017 return yards for a net average of 39.4 (ranks first in franchise history)
- Recorded a 38-yard passing touchdown on a fake punt vs. MIN (10/9/17)
2020 SEASON (Bears)
- Finished tied for third in the NFL with 28 punts downed inside the 20 this season
- Averaged 53.8 yards on four punts (45.8 net avg) in the Week 3 win at the Falcons, including a season-long 64-yarder
- Punted five times for 213 yards (42.6 avg) in the Week 1 win at Detroit, dropping two inside the 20; had a long punt of 55 yards
- Punted three times with an average of 44.7 and two downed inside the 20 in the Week 2 win over the Giants
- Dropped three punts inside the 20-yard line in the Week 5 win over the Buccaneers and again in the Week 6 win at Carolina
2019 SEASON (Bears):
- Appeared in 16 games, punting 80 times for 3,586 yards (44.8 avg), recording a long of 75 with 27 landing inside the 20
- 75-yard punt at DEN (9/15) was a career-high
- Set Bears single-season net average (40.7) topping mark by Adam Podlesh in 2011 (40.4)
2018 SEASON (Bears):
- Appeared in 16 games, punting 62 times for 2,791 yards (45.0 avg), with a net of 39.7 and a long of 65
2017 SEASON (Bears):
- In 16 games, punted 87 times for 4,087 yards for a gross average of 47.0 (all career-highs)
2016 SEASON (Bears):
- Punted 68 times for 2,994 yards (44.0 gross avg) with 24 inside the 20, five touchbacks and 282 return yards for a 38.4 net average in 16 games
2015 SEASON (Bears):
- Hit 70 punts for 3,097 yards (44.2 avg) with 28 inside the 20, four touchbacks and 197 return yards for a 39.7 net average in 15 contests
2014 SEASON (Bears):
- Finished rookie campaign totaling 71 punts for 3,107 yards (43.8 gross avg) with 20 punts downed inside the 20, three touchbacks, one blocked punt and 335 opponent return yards for a 37.7 net avg
Where We Rank entering Week 6
The Bears and some of their players rank at or near the top of the NFL in key statistical categories entering Week 6. Here's how they stack up.
Chalk Talk: Who would replace Bears' specialists?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses who might replace one of the Bears' specialists in the event of an injury, the Bears' 2012 blowout win in Jacksonville and if any players cut by the Bears this week have joined other teams.
6 things we learned from Bears coordinators
Bears coordinators Bill Lazor (offense), Sean Desai (defense) and Chris Tabor (special teams) spoke to reporters Friday about Andy Dalton's grasp of the offense, the need to generate more takeaways on defense and more.
Bears 2021 position preview: Special teams
Veteran kicker Cairo Santos is back with the Bears following a record-breaking 2020 season, having re-signed with the team along with holder/punter Pat O'Donnell and long-snapper Patrick Scales.
Bears have four swings in sixth round of draft
With four sixth-round picks, the Bears will have multiple opportunities to unearth a late gem in this year's NFL Draft, just as they did with sixth-rounders Patrick Mannelly (1998) and Chris Harris (2005).
Roster Move: O'Donnell agrees to 1-year deal
One day after reaching an agreement with kicker Cairo Santos on a new three-year contract, the Bears on Friday agreed to terms with punter Pat O'Donnell on a one-year extension.
Bears training camp preview: Special teams
After making his final 11 field-goal attempts in 2019, Bears kicker Eddy Piñeiro will look to pick up where he left off last season when he's challenged in training camp by free-agent signee Ramiz Ahmed.
Smith, O'Donnell sending messages to fans
Bears linebacker Roquan Smith and punter Pat O'Donnell are raising money for "I Grow Chicago" during the coronavirus pandemic by creating personal video messages for fans.
Piñeiro not Bears' only special-teams star
While kicker Eddy Piñeiro deservedly earned NFC special teams player of the week honors for his performance in Sunday's win over the Broncos, punter Pat O'Donnell also played a key role in the victory.
Bears Care Gala held at Soldier Field
With 650 guests and 29 Bears players in attendance, the 23rd annual Bears Care Gala last Saturday night at the United Club in Soldier Field was a rousing success.
Bears Care to host annual charity gala on Saturday
The 23rd annual Bears Care Gala will be held on Saturday, May 19, at the Untied Club at Soldier Field. A limited number of tickets to the Gala are still available.
Bears coordinators meet the media
The Bears on Thursday officially introduced their three coordinators, Mark Helfrich, Vic Fangio and Chris Tabor. Check out highlights of the nearly hour-long session.
Rodgers calls Hester 'best that's ever done it'
Reflecting on Devin Hester's career one day after he announced his retirement, Bears special-teams coordinator Jeff Rodgers called the star return specialist "the best that's ever done it."
McManis, other Bears praise retiring Hester
On the day Devin Hester announced his retirement from the NFL., former teammate Sherrick McManis and other Bears players praised the superstar return specialist.
2-Minute Drill: Fuller produces big plays in loss to 49ers
Cornerback Kyle Fuller picked up the slack for an injury-depleted Bears secondary Sunday at Soldier Field, delivering his most productive game of the season.
Bears participating in My Cause My Cleats initiative
Running back Benny Cunningham and punter Pat O'Donnell will be among more than 30 Bears players participating in a league-wide "My Cause My Cleats" initiative this Sunday.
Game Recap: Bears blown out by Eagles
The Bears were dominated on both sides of the ball in a lopsided 31-3 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field.
Who was last Bears back to throw TD pass?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses the last Bears running back to throw a touchdown pass, the last time the Bears won in Baltimore and if the Bears are the only NFL team that has two players with a perfect quarterback rating.
2-Minute Drill: Bears ride Howard to overtime victory
Even throughout a record-breaking rookie season that earned him a Pro Bowl trip last year, Jordan Howard never had a performance like the one he produced Sunday.
3 things that stood out in Week 5 loss
Senior writer Larry Mayer identifies three things that stood out in the Bears' 20-17 loss to the Minnesota Vikings Monday night at Soldier Field.
Game Recap: Bears edged by late field goal
Rookie quarterback Mitchell Trubisky provided a spark in his first NFL start Monday night, but the Bears fell to the Vikings 20-17 on Kai Forbath's 26-yard field goal with :12 remaining.
Inside Slant: Bears score on two trick plays in loss
The Bears dialed up a pair of trick plays that resulted in a touchdown and two-point conversion in Monday night's 20-17 loss to the Vikings.
Bears School Outreach
The Bears kick off the 20th season of Bears School Outreach as players visit Chicago Public School students in youth guidance organizations.
How Bears players fared at Combine
With the NFL Combine being held this week in Indianapolis, we took a glimpse back at how current and former Bears fared in the 40-yard dash, bench press and vertical jump.