Chicagobears.com | The Official Website of the Chicago Bears
|3||@Falcons||W 30 - 26|
|2||Giants||W 17 - 13|
|6||@Panthers||W 23 - 16|
|5||Buccaneers||W 20 - 19|
|4||Colts||L 11 - 19|
|1||@Lions||W 27 - 23|
- A four-year letterwinner and 2-year starter, played in 49 career games and had 24 career starts
- Completed his career with 114 tackles, 25.5 TFLs for minus-114 yards, 13 sacks for minus-82 yards and 8 forced fumbles
- Played in all 12 games and had 11 starts, earned first-team all-conference honors
- Had 49 tackles, 15 TFLs for minus-72 yards, 8 sacks for minus-52 yards, 6 QB hurries and 2 forced fumbles
- Started 11 games; did not start vs. Wyoming
- Totaled 5 tackles and one QB hurry in season finale vs. ECU
- Had season-highs of 7 tackles and 3.5 TFLs for -13 yards vs. Houston
- Collected 3 solo tackles, including 2 sacks for minus-10 yards vs. UCF
- Totaled 5 tackles, one forced fumble and one QB hurry vs. #25 Memphis
- Tallied 3 tackles, one sack for minus-9 yards and forced one fumble at #23 Cincinnati
- Had 4 stops, all solos, 2 TFLs for minus-9 yards and one sack for minus-6 yards at SMU
- Compiled 6 stops, 2 TFLs for minus-8 yards, one sack for minus-5 yards and one QB hurry vs. Wyoming
- Totaled 4 stops, 2.5 TFLs for minus-13 yards and one sack for minus-9 yards at San Jose State
- Had 4 tackles, 2 TFL, 1.0 sack and 2 hurries in the season opener at Michigan State
- Played and started all 12 games, ranked second in the nation with five forced fumbles
- Had 46 tackles, 9 TFLs for minus-30 yards, four sacks for minus-20 yards, five forced fumbles, three QB hurries and one pass break-up in 12 starts
- Made his second career start in the season opener vs. UCA and had four tackles
- Had a career-best seven tackles at Texas
- Totaled four tackles and one sack for minus-4 yards vs. Arkansas State
- Tallied 5 stops and one TFL for minus-1 yard at Temple
- Compiled six tackles, one stop for minus-4 yards and one forced fumble at Arkansas
- Had four tackles, two quarterback hurries and one pass breakup vs. #23 USF
- Had three stops, including two TFLs for minus-4 yards, one forced fumble and one QBH vs. UConn
- Tied his career-high of seven tackles and added 3.5 TFLs for minus-15 yards, two sacks for minus-14 yards and two forced fumbles vs. SMU
- Played in all 12 games, received his first career start vs. New Mexico
- Had 11 stops, one PBU and one forced fumble in 2017
- Had a season-best two tackles against Toledo, Houston and Temple
- Played in all 13 games and had eight tackles, played mostly on special teams
- Saw his first career action in the season opener vs. San Jose State and had one tackle
- Had two stops and one sack for minus-10 yards against North Carolina A&T
- Was a three-year defensive starter
- Played his senior season at Cedar Hill High School and his junior and senior seasons at Richardson Berkner High School
- Helped lead his prep team to the Class 6A state title
- Named to the Dallas Morning News top-100 for the Dallas-area, coming in rated No. 91, as a senior
- High school coach at Cedar Hill High School was Joey McGuire
- Has three siblings; brother, Thomas, plays professional basketball in Finland
- Parents are Thomas and Cassundra Gipson; mother ran track at North Texas and his dad played basketball at Texas
Gipson on learning from Khalil Mack
Linebacker Trevis Gipson meets with the media Monday at Halas Hall.
Trevis Gipson College Highlights
Check out highlights from the Bears 5th round draft choice and 155th overall, outside linebacker Trevis Gipson from Tulsa.
Trevis Gipson finds out he's a Chicago Bear
Go behind the scenes as new Bears outside linebacker Trevis Gipson receives a life changing phone call from Head Coach Matt Nagy.
Trevis Gipson eager to work with Bears defense
Lauren Screeden catches up with new Bears' linebacker Trevis Gipson, who was selected 155th overall in the 2020 NFL Draft out of Tulsa.
Bears rookie Gipson adjusting to life in NFL
Bears rookie outside linebacker Trevis Gipson, a fifth-round draft pick from Tulsa, is getting acclimated to the NFL following a complicated offseason while learning a new position.
Bears sign all seven of their 2020 draft picks
The Bears on Tuesday signed all seven of their 2020 draft picks to four-year contracts, including their two second-round selections, tight end Cole Kmet and cornerback Jaylon Johnson.
'Meet the Rookies' to be televised on FOX 32
The Bears' "Meet the Rookies" documentary featuring Jaylon Johnson, Trevis Gipson and Cole Kmet will be shown in its entirety Saturday night and Sunday night on Chicago's FOX 32.
Bears training camp preview: Linebackers
Perennial Pro Bowler Khalil Mack will join veterans Robert Quinn, Danny Trevathan and Roquan Smith on a Bears linebacking corps that could be among the best in the NFL in 2020.
Bears set to launch 'Meet the Rookies' series
The Bears will debut their three-part behind-the-scenes documentary series "Meet the Rookies" brought to you by Mercedes-Benz this week featuring 2020 draft picks Jaylon Johnson, Cole Kmet and Trevis Gipson.
Bears rookie Gipson comes from athletic family
Bears fifth-round draft pick Trevis Gipson has sports in his blood, with a grandfather who played In the NFL as well as a father and brother who have excelled in basketball.
Gipson immersed in learning process as rookie
Participating in the Bears' virtual offseason program, fifth-round draft pick Trevis Gipson revealed that he's "being a sponge" as he learns the defense and assimilates to life in the NFL.