|3||@Browns||L 6 - 26||1||0|
|2||Bengals||W 20 - 17||1||0|
|1||@Rams||L 14 - 34||1||0|
Offensive Line Career
- Enters his third NFL season; has eight career starts, all coming during the 2020 season
- Spent his rookie season (2019) on the practice squad before being promoted to the active roster Oct. 15
2020 SEASON (Bears):
- Played in all 16 games with eight starts (one at center, one at left guard and six at right guard); also started at right guard in the Wild Card playoff game at the Saints
- Made his first career start at center in Week 9 at Tennessee and then his first start at left guard in Week 10 vs. Minnesota
- Made his first start at right guard in Week 12 at Green Bay, helping David Montgomery top 100 yards rushing
- Helped the Bears rush for 140 yards and three rushing scores in Week 13 vs. Detroit, 169 yards and a score vs. Houston and a season-high 199 yards and two scores in the win at Minnesota in Week 15
- Saw extended time at left guard in Week 5 vs. Tampa Bay in place of the injured James Daniels and also in Week 8 vs. the Saints
2019 SEASON (Bears):
- Appeared in five games as a rookie; spent Weeks 1-6 on practice squad and inactive for Weeks 7-12
- Signed to active roster Oct. 15; made NFL debut in Week 13 at Detroit
Bears 2021 position preview: Offensive line
With four of five starters returning, the Bears offensive line hopes to pick up this year where it left off during the second half of last season when the reconfigured unit helped key an offensive resurgence.
Roster Moves: Bears re-sign five exclusive free agents
The Bears on Wednesday re-signed five exclusive rights free agents in offensive lineman Alex Bars, inside linebacker Josh Woods, outside linebacker James Vaughters, running back Ryan Nall and tight end J.P. Holtz.
Young players help fuel Bears' recent resurgence
The Bears boast several talented veterans on both sides of the ball, but a group of promising young players has been just as instrumental in the team's recent resurgence, especially on offense.
New-look offensive line continues to impress
The offensive line has helped key the Bears' post-bye week success on offense.
Bears training camp preview: Offensive line
The Bears have entrusted new offensive line coach Juan Castillo, a veteran of 24 NFL seasons, with helping a unit that regressed in 2019 to revert to its stellar 2018 form this season.
Bars excited to remain with Bears, Hiestand
With Alex Bars' promotion from the Bears practice squad to the 53-man roster this week, the rookie guard's patience, hard work and loyalty is paying dividends.