|1||49ers||W 19 - 10||8||17||121||7.1||2||1||2||16||85.7||11||28||2.6||0|
|2||@Packers||L 10 - 27||7||11||70||6.4||0||1||3||22||43.8||8||20||2.5||1||1||0|
|3||Texans||W 23 - 20||8||17||106||6.2||0||2||5||24||27.7||8||47||5.9||0||2||0|
|4||@Giants||L 12 - 20||11||22||174||7.9||0||0||6||19||76.7||7||52||7.4||0||1||1|
|5||@Vikings||L 22 - 29||15||21||208||9.9||1||0||2||15||118.8||8||47||5.9||0||2||0|
|6||Commanders||L 7 - 12||14||27||190||7||1||1||5||36||71.5||12||88||7.3||0||1||0|
|7||@Patriots||W 33 - 14||13||21||179||8.5||1||1||4||32||85.2||14||82||5.9||1||4||0|
|8||@Cowboys||L 29 - 49||17||23||151||6.6||2||0||4||25||120||8||60||7.5||1|
|9||Dolphins||L 32 - 35||17||28||123||4.4||3||0||2||7||106.7||15||178||11.9||1|
|10||Lions||L 30 - 31||12||20||167||8.4||2||1||3||17||99.4||13||147||11.3||2||1||0|
|11||@Falcons||L 24 - 27||14||21||153||7.3||1||1||4||25||84||18||85||4.7||1||1||0|
|12||@Jets||L 10 - 31|
|13||Packers||L 19 - 28||20||25||254||10.2||0||2||0||0||75.7||6||71||11.8||1|
|15||Eagles||L 20 - 25||14||21||152||7.2||2||0||6||61||119.5||15||95||6.3||0||2||0|
|16||Bills||L 13 - 35||15||23||119||5.2||1||0||2||15||92.5||7||11||1.6||0||0||0|
|17||@Lions||L 10 - 41||7||21||75||3.6||1||1||7||45||40.8||10||132||13.2||0||1||1|
|18||Vikings||L 13 - 29|
- Finished his second season with the Bears in 2022
- Selected by the Bears with the 11th overall pick in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft; the Bears acquired the 11th overall selection after completing a trade with the New York Giants
- Became just the third Ohio State quarterback in the common draft era to be selected in the first round of an NFL draft, joining Art Schlichter (No. 4 overall pick in 1982) and Dwayne Haskins (No. 15 overall pick in 2019)
- Became the 31st Buckeye to be selected by the Bears and the first since Marcus Freeman in 2009
- Started 10-of-12 games played as a rookie in 2021, throwing for 1,870 yards and seven touchdowns while rushing for an additional 420 yards and two scores
- Has played in 27 career games (25 starts)
2022 SEASON (Bears):
- Helped lead the Bears to a Week 1 victory vs. San Francisco 49ers, finishing the game with a pair of touchdowns and 121 yards on 8-of-17 passing, also adding 28 yards on the ground
- Completed a 51-yard pass to WR Dante Pettis to put Chicago on the board
- Dating back to 1920, it was the fourth-longest touchdown pass in a Bears season-opener and the first touchdown of 50-yards or more in Week 1 since 2011 when Matt Forte hauled in a 56-yard completion from Jay Cutler
- Added to the scoring column with a second touchdown pass to Equanimeous St. Brown with 12:50 to go in the 4th quarter, marking the ninth passing touchdown of Fields' career
- In Week 2 at Green Bay, Fields finished 7-of-11 with 70 yards in the air as well as eight rushes for 20 yards and a touchdown
- His touchdown vs. the Packers wrapped up the Bears first drive of the game, a seven-play, 71-yard drive that gave Fields his first rushing score of the season
- In Week 3 vs. Houston, finished 8-of-17 with 106 yards while also rushing eight times for 47 yards, he also logged a 29-yard rush
- Finished 11-of-22 with 174 passing yards in Week 4 at New York, while also rushing seven times for 52 yards
- Completed a 56-yard pass to wide receiver Darnell Mooney (1st, 5:00)
- Stands as the longest completion on the season for Fields and the second-longest of his career, trailing only a 64-yard completion to Mooney at Detroit last season (Oct. 3)
- In Week 5 at Minnesota, finished the afternoon 15-of-21 passing for 208 yards and one touchdown, while also adding eight rushes for 47 yards on the ground
- That translated to a career-best passer rating of 118.8 as well as a completion percentage of 71.4, which is also the highest he's recorded in a game in his career (min: 10 attempts)
- His 208 passing yards are the fifth-most he's had in a game in his career
- Finished Week 6 against the Commanders 14-of-27 passing for 190 yards and a touchdown pass, while also rushing 12 times for 88 yards, the second-highest rushing yardage total of his career
- He broke off a 39-yard run with 1:06 remaining in the fourth quarter, which stands as the longest rush of his career
- In the Week 7 win against the Patriots, he finished the night completing 13-of-21 passes for 179 yards and two touchdowns (passing TD, rushing TD)
- Also recorded a game-high 82 rushing yards on 14 attempts
- Was his second performance with both a rushing and passing TD in the same game (vs. SF, 10/31/21)
- In his 17th career start, Fields becomes one of five Bears QBs since the start of the 2000 season to log multiple games with both a rushing and pass TD in the same game, joining Jay Cutler (6), Mitchell Trubisky (6), Cade McNown (3) and Rex Grossman (2)
- Finished 17-of-23 with 151 passing yards and two touchdowns against Dallas in Week 8
- He also rushed eight times for 60 yards and a rushing touchdown
- His performance yielded a passer rating of 120.0, which is the highest he's had in a game in his career
- His three rushing touchdowns in 2022 are the most by a Bears quarterback since Jim Harbaugh rushed for four in 1993. He finishes Week 8 with 424 total rushing yards, which is the second-most among all NFL quarterbacks, and the second-most in franchise history by a Bears quarterback through the first eight games of the season, trailing only Bobby Douglass, who had 556 yards in 1972
- Had one of the best performances of his career in Week 9 vs. Miami , completing 17-of-28 passes for 123
yards and three touchdowns, while also rushing 15 times for 178 yards and a touchdown
- Finished with a passer rating of 106.7, which is the third highest of his career and his second straight game with a passer rating above 100
- His rushing performance breaks Michael Vick's previous single-game record of 173 rushing yards and now stands as the highest rushing total by any NFL quarterback in a regular-season game in NFL
- He also passed Chicago's Bobby Douglass' 127-yard rushing performance on Dec. 17, 1972 to become the Bears' single-game franchise record-holder
- He is the first player since at least 1950 to record 150+ rushing yards and 3+ passing touchdowns in a single game
- Fields joins Buffalo's Josh Allen, Cincinnati's Joe Burrow and Baltimore's Lamar Jackson as the only players entering Week 9 to record at least three touchdown passes and a rushing touchdown in the same game ... Fields beat everyone to the endzone on the opening drive of the second half with a 61-yard scramble, the third Bears touchdown of the afternoo
- That rushing touchdown was both the longest rush ever by a Bears quarterback (Vince Evans, 58-yard rush in 1980) and the longest touchdown run by a Bears quarterback (Bobby Douglass, 57-yard TD run in 1972)
- Completed 11-of-15 pass attempts in the first half, which is tied for the most completions he's had in a first half in his career
- It's also the fourth time in his career he's had 10+ completions going into the half
- Followed up historic Week 9 performance with another great game against the Lions in Week 10, finishing with 147 yards on 13 rushes and two touchdowns while also completing 12-of-20 passes for 167 yards and two touchdowns
- He became the first quarterback in Bears franchise history to post back-to-back games with 100+ rushing yards, and he's the first Bears player to rush for 100+ yards in consecutive games since Jordan Howard did so on Dec. 24, 2016 and Jan. 1, 2017
- His last two games have yielded a combined 325 rushing yards, which is the most total rushing yards in a two-game span by a quarterback in NFL history, surpassing Lamar Jackson's 268 combined yards which he recorded Oct. 13, 2019 through Oct. 20, 2019
- Has rushed for 555 yards over his last five games played, which is the most by any quarterback in that span and the most by a quarterback in the Super Bowl era ... His performance today stands as the highest rushing yardage total by a quarterback against the Lions in NFL history, surpassing Randall Cunningham, who recorded 110 rushing yards against Detroit on Nov. 11, 1986
- Scored the fourth Bears touchdown of the afternoon on a 67-yard rush to give him his second rushing score of the game
- His touchdown run breaks the franchise record for the longest rush ever by a Bears quarterback and the longest touchdown run by a Bears quarterback that he set just one week ago, when he rushed for a 61-yard touchdown against the Dolphins
- Per STATS Research, Fields is the first quarterback in NFL history with a 60+ yard rushing touchdown in consecutive games
- He's also just the seventh offensive player to do so since 1994, the last player being Saquon Barkley on Dec. 22, 2019 and Dec. 29, 2019
- In Week 11 at Atlanta, Fields led the team on the ground for the third straight game, finishing with 85 yards and a rushing touchdown on 18 attempts, while also going 14-of-21 for 153 yards and a passing touchdown
- Against the Packers in Week 13, finished 20-of-25 passing for 254 yards in addition to seven rushes for 71 yards and a touchdown ... His 80.0 completion percentage is a single-game career-best (min: 10 attempts), and his 254 passing yards are the third-most he's had in a game in his career ... He broke off a 56-yard touchdown run with 3:10 remaining in the first quarter to put the Bears ahead 10-0
- Dating back to the start of the 1925 NFL season, Fields is the first quarterback on record to record three or more rushing touchdowns of 50+ yards in a single season
- The last players overall to log three rushing touchdowns of 50+ yards in a single season were running backs Derrick Henry and Christian McCaffrey, each doing so during the 2019 season
- The last Bears player to log three rushing touchdowns of 50+ yards was running back Neal Anderson, who did so during the 1988 season (Stats Research) ... In Week 15, vs. Philadelphia, became the third quarterback in NFL history to rush for 1,000+ yards in a single season joining Lamar Jackson and Michael Vick
- Ended the afternoon 14-of-21 passing with 152 yards and two touchdowns, while also rushing 15 times for 95 yards
- He finished with a passer rating of 119.5, which is the second-best passer rating he's recorded in a single game in his career
- It marks his fifth consecutive game with 70+ rushing yards, which is the longest streak by any QB since at least 1950 (@NFLResearch)
- Finished Week 16 vs. Buffalo 15-of-23 for 119 yards and a touchdown pass, while also rushing seven times for 11 yards
- In Detroit in Week 17, finished 7-of-21 for 75 yards, one TD pass and one INT, while also rushing 10 times for 132 yards
- His 132 rushing yards brings his season total to 1,143 on the season, which moves him ahead of four-time Pro Bowler Michael Vick (1,039 rushing yards in 2006) for the second-most rushing yards by a quarterback in NFL history, trailing only Lamar Jackson's 1,206 yards from 2019
- Finished the first quarter alone with 105 rushing yards, which is the most by any Bears player since the start of the 1991 season
- Per @EliasSports, Fields' 105 rushing yards are the most by any QB in a quarter in the last 45 seasons
2021 SEASON (Bears):
- Made 12 appearances with 10 starts, throwing for 1,870 yards and seven TDs
- Rushed for 420 yards and two TDs
- Rushed for his first NFL touchdown in the third quarter of Week 1 at the Rams. In doing so he became the first Bears rookie quarterback to rush for a touchdown in his first career game since Johnny Lujack, who rushed for a TD against Green Bay in Week 2 of 1948
- Recorded 31 rushing yards and 60 passing yards in the Bears home season-opening victory over the Cincinnati Bengals, entering the game in relief of starter Andy Dalton who left with an injury
- Had his first NFL start in Week 3 vs. the Cleveland Browns
- Started and completed 11 of 17 passes (64.7%) for 209 yards in the Week 4 win over the Lions; connected on a season-long 64-yard pass to Darnell Mooney
- Completed his first-career touchdown pass, a two-yarder to tight end Jesper Horsted with 13:16 to go in the second quarter to put Chicago in front during the Week 5 victory at the Raiders
- Registered a season-high 43 rushing yards along with a season-high 16 pass completions vs. the Packers in Week 6; he also recorded his second-career passing touchdown, a five-yard pass to Mooney
- Rushed 10 times for a season-high 103 yards in Week 8 vs. SF, becoming the first Bears QB to rush for 100+ yards since Bobby Douglass in 1973. Also completed 19 of 27 passes for 175 yards and a TD, and in doing so he became the third rookie QB (Robert Griffin and Marcus Mariota) with 100+ rush yards, rush TD & pass TD in single game in NFL history
- Completed 17-of-29 passes for a season-high 291 passing yards at the Steelers. His seven completions on balls 15+ yards downfield in Pittsburgh are tied for the most by a Bears QB over the past 15 seasons
- Fields also averaged 15.6 air yards per attempt in Week 9, which is the second most by any quarterback in a game this season
- Recorded 79 passing yards and 23 rushing yards Week 11 vs. the Ravens before exiting the game at the start of the third quarter due to injury
- Inactive Weeks 12-13 due to injury
- Recorded two passing TDs for the first time this season Week 14 at the Packers. His 54-yard TD pass to WR Damiere Byrd with 3:21 to go in the second quarter marked his longest to date. He also rushed for a team-high 74 yards on the ground
- Completed 26 of 39 passes for 285 yards, one touchdown and a rating of 96.6, his highest of the season vs. the Vikings in Week 15. His 285 yards marked his second highest total of season
- Inactive Weeks 16-17 due to injury
- Inactive Week 18 due to being on Reserve/COVID-19 list
Justin Fields on DJ Moore: 'His personality fits in well' | Press Conference
Quarterback Justin Fields addresses the media after practice on Tuesday at Halas Hall.
Deep Breaths with Justin Fields | Mental Health Awareness Month
In honor of May being Mental Health Awareness Month, Bears quarterback Justin Fields demonstrates a simple 45-second breathing exercise that helps him relax.
Justin Fields' 61-yard touchdown run for offensive play of the year | Thayer's Playbook
Bears radio analyst Tom Thayer breaks down game tape and shows how Justin Fields escapability leads to a 61-yard touchdown run versus the Miami Dolphins ranking number one for offensive play of the year.
Justin Fields on Year 2: 'My goal was to get better' | Press Conference
Quarterback Justin Fields addresses the media on Monday at Halas Hall.
Justin Fields on loss to Lions | Press Conference
Quarterback Justin Fields meets the media following the Bears' Week 17 game vs. the Detroit Lions.
Trick Play Alert: Cole Kmet takes snap, pitches to Justin Fields for 31-yard gain
Bears tight end Cole Kmet motions under center, takes the snap and pitches the ball to Justin Fields, who races off the left side for 31 yards.
Justin Fields finds Cole Kmet for 13-yard TD
Bears quarterback Justin Fields connects with tight end Cole Kmet for a 13-yard touchdown pass.
Justin Fields visits Breakthrough Urban Ministries
Bears quarterback Justin Fields visited with around 20 students at Breakthrough Urban Ministries in East Garfield Park to participate in a Q&A session and more.
Justin Fields: 'Every game is a learning opportunity' | Press Conference
Quarterback Justin Fields addresses the media before practice on Wednesday at Halas Hall.
Justin Fields on loss to Buffalo Bills | Press Conference
Quarterback Justin Fields meets the media following the Bears' Week 16 game vs. the Buffalo Bills.
Justin Fields pinpoints Byron Pringle for 20-yard pickup
Bears quarterback Justin Fields rolls right and finds receiver Byron Pringle for a 20-yard gain.
Justin Fields locates wide open Dante Pettis for 6-yard TD
Bears quarterback Justin Fields hits receiver Dante Pettis in the back corner of the end zone to cap off a stellar opening drive.
Justin Fields rainbows deep ball to sliding Velus Jones Jr.
Bears receiver Velus Jones Jr. makes a sensational sliding catch of a Justin Fields deep ball for a 44-yard gain.
Justin Fields: 'Just trying to adapt to the game' | Press Conference
Quarterback Justin Fields addresses the media on Tuesday at Halas Hall.
Justin Fields' best plays vs. Eagles
Justin Fields broke the Bears' single-season rushing record by a quarterback, became the third QB in NFL history to run for 1,000 yards in a season and threw for two touchdowns Sunday vs. the Eagles. Watch Fields' top moments from his performance vs. Philadelphia.
Justin Fields on breaking Bears single-season QB rushing record | Press Conferences
Quarterback Justin Fields addresses the media on Sunday after the Bears' 25-20 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
Justin Fields has HUGE patch of open grass to run for 15-yard gain
Bears quarterback Justin Fields bursts up the middle for a 15-yard gain.
Justin Fields breaks off another ridiculous run, picks up 39 yards
Bears quarterback Justin Fields escapes pressure, scrambles left and turns on the jets for an explosive 39-yard gain.
Justin Fields discusses loss to Packers | Press Conference
Quarterback Justin Fields meets with the media following the Bears' Week 13 loss to the Green Bay Packers at Soldier Field.
Can't-Miss Play: Justin Fields' speed torches Packers on 55-yard TD run
Bears quarterback Justin Fields explodes through the Green Bay Packers defense for a sensational 55-yard touchdown run.
Justin Fields rainbows perfect throw to Equanimeous St. Brown for 56-yard gain
Bears quarterback Justin Fields lofts a perfect pass to receiver Equanimeous St. Brown to reach the Packers' 7.
Justin Fields: 'I feel better than last Wednesday' | Press Conference
Quarterback Justin Fields addresses the media on Wednesday at Halas Hall.
Justin Fields | Mic'd Up
Go on the field with quarterback Justin Fields during the Bears' Week 11 game against the Atlanta Falcons.
Justin Fields: 'I play for those guys in the locker room' | Press Conference
Quarterback Justin Fields addresses the media on Wednesday at Halas Hall.
Fields, Kmet fulfill promises by graduating
After leaving college early to enter the NFL, Bears quarterback Justin Fields and tight end Cole Kmet both continued their studies and graduated this month from Ohio State and Notre Dame, respectively.
Quick Hits: Fields' familiarity with offense feels 'truly amazing'
After learning new offenses in each of his first two NFL offseasons, Bears quarterback Justin Fields is happy to return for a second year in coordinator Luke Getsy's system.
Fields reveals why he's excited about 2023 season
Quarterback Justin Fields spoke exclusively to ChicagoBears.com this week about his new teammates—including veteran receiver DJ Moore—and the area he's most focused on improving this offseason.
Bears produce creative schedule release video
The Bears went Hollywood with their 2023 schedule release video, which features a slew of familiar faces as well as an homage to a popular TV show and an iconic Italian beef joint.
Justin Fields' talent attracting free agents to Chicago
Through the first week of free agency, the Bears have signed 10 players, and one commonality among the additions is the interest in playing alongside quarterback Justin Fields.
Justin Fields revered by NFL draft prospects
The high level of respect that some of the nation's top NFL draft prospects have for Justin Fields has been evident this week at the Combine in Indianapolis.
Justin Fields boasts best-selling jersey in three states
According to Lids, Bears quarterback Justin Fields had the NFL's best-selling jersey in three states during the 2022 season: Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin.
Senior Bowl stars share bond with Bears players
NFL prospects participating in the Senior Bowl this week spoke to ChicagoBears.com about playing in college with current Bears Justin Fields, Darnell Mooney and others.
Getsy expects continued growth from Fields
After watching Justin Fields make major strides in 2022, Bears offensive coordinator Luke Getsy expects the dynamic young quarterback to continue to ascend in 2023.
Bears roster boasts core of young talent
The foundation that Bears general manager Ryan Poles and coach Matt Eberflus built in their first season together is fueled by 20 promising players who are all 25 or younger.
Fields named Bears MVP, Offensive Player of the Year
ChicagoBears.com has selected quarterback Justin Fields as the Bears' MVP and Offensive Player of the Year for 2022. In his second NFL season, Bears quarterback Justin Fields emerged as one of the NFL's most electrifying players with his dual-threat ability.
Poles excited about Fields' development, 'where he goes next'
Bears GM Ryan Poles lauded Justin Fields for emerging as an impact player this season and told reporters that he plans on Fields being the team's starting quarterback again in 2023.
Fields reflects on growth, optimistic about future
Bears quarterback Justin Fields made major strides in his second NFL season, emerging as a dangerous dual threat. But the former Ohio State standout knows that there's still room for improvement.
Justin Fields ruled out of Bears' season finale
Bears quarterback Justin Fields will not play in Sunday's season finale against the Vikings due to a strained hip. The second-year pro will be replaced by veteran Nathan Peterman.
Claypool, Fields looking to strengthen connection in offseason
While receiver Chase Claypool was visibly frustrated during last Sunday's game in Detroit, he and quarterback Justin Fields were able to come to common ground and look toward a promising future with the young Bears team.
Fields shows dynamic running ability early in loss | Quick Hits
Bears quarterback Justin Fields once again displayed his game-breaking ability early in Sunday's 41-10 loss to the Lions, rushing for 105 of his team-high 132 yards in the first quarter.
5 things to watch in Bears-Lions game
Senior writer Larry Mayer identifies five storylines to follow Sunday when the Bears visit the Lions in Detroit, including how emerging quarterback Justin Fields will fare.
Should Fields play in final two games? | Chalk Talk
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses whether he thinks Justin Fields should start the last two games, how often the Bears have played on New Year's Day and how close the Bears are to setting a team rushing record.
Justin Fields visits non-profit organization, discusses navigating adversity
Bears quarterback Justin Fields visited Breakthrough Urban Ministries in the East Garfield Park neighborhood Tuesday to spend time talking with over 20 young students, providing insight on his life experiences growing up.
Justin Fields cherishes chance to play, improve
Despite being out of playoff contention, Sunday's game in Detroit is far from meaningless to second-year quarterback Justin Fields.
Justin Fields 'good to go' to start versus Lions
Reiterating what he said following Saturday's loss to the Bills, Bears coach Matt Eberflus told reporters Monday that Justin Fields is fine after injuring his foot late in the contest.
4 things to watch in Bears-Bills game
Senior writer Larry Mayer identifies four storylines to follow Saturday when the Bears host the Bills, including what emerging star quarterback Justin Fields will do next.
Fields continuing to adapt, find ways to lead offense
Quarterback Justin Fields sees personal improvement as a runner and passer during his second year in the pros and remains confident in his abilities to help the Bears win.
Justin Fields dazzles again in loss to Eagles
In a 25-20 loss to the Eagles, Justin Fields became the third NFL quarterback to rush for 1,000 yards in a season while also throwing for two TDs and posting a 119.5 passer rating.
Justin Fields visits Soldier Field | Behind the Scenes
Before heading back home from his first weekend as a Chicago Bear, rookie QB Justin Fields took in a private tour of our home stadium.
Bears 2021 Draft Picks
Fields, Jenkins, Borom, Herbert, Newsome, Graham & Tonga. See photos of all the new Bears rookies selected in the 2021 NFL Draft.
2021 Draft portraits: Justin Fields & Teven Jenkins
You've seen the Bears' top two picks on the field. Now take a look at Justin Fields & Teven Jenkins without helmets or uniforms as they posed for the cameras ahead of the 2021 NFL Draft.
Justin Fields arrives in Chicago | Behind the Scenes
Get an exclusive look at new Bears QB Justin Fields touching down in the Windy City and visiting Halas Hall for the first time one day after being drafted 11th overall.