|2||Bengals||W 20 - 17||6||13||60||4.6||0||1||2||25||27.7||10||31||3.1||0||1||0|
|1||@Rams||L 14 - 34||2||2||10||5||0||0||0||0||87.5||1||3||3||1|
- The Chicago Bears selected the Ohio State quarterback with the 11th overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft
- The Bears acquired the 11th overall selection after completing a trade with the New York Giants. The Bears received New York's 11th overall pick in exchange for Chicago's 20th overall pick, its fifth-round pick (No. 164) and the Bears' first- and fourth-round selections in 2022
- Fields becomes just the third Ohio State quarterback in the common draft era to be selected in the first round of an NFL draft, joining Art Schlichter (No. 4 overall pick in 1982) and Dwayne Haskins (No. 15 overall pick in 2019)
- Fields is the 31st Buckeye to be selected by the Bears and the first since Marcus Freeman in 2009. He becomes the only Ohio State player on the Bears
A 6-3, 227-pounder, Fields comes to Chicago following a two-year stay in Columbus where he compiled a 20-2 record as a starter while completing 396-of-579 passing attempts for 5,373 yards with 63 touchdowns. He earned Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year honors after both of his seasons as a Buckeye while leading Ohio State to two Big Ten Championships and two College Football Playoff appearances.
Ohio State Overview:
- Had one of the greatest statistical seasons in the history of Ohio State football as a first-year starter in 2019 when he completed 67.2 percent of his passes for 3,273 yards while accounting for 51 touchdowns (41 passing, 10 rushing)
- Became the first quarterback in Big Ten history with 40 passing TDs and 10 rushing TDs in the same season
- His 41-3 touchdown-to-interception ratio was the best in the country
- Had a passer efficiency rating of 181.43, which was third-best nationally
- Most Valuable Player of the Big Ten Championship Game after throwing for 299 yards and three touchdowns in a 34-21 come-from-behind victory over No. 8 Wisconsin
- One week prior, threw for 302 yards and four touchdowns in a 56-27 win at No. 10 Michigan
- Had several impressive national rankings: finished No. 3 in touchdown passes (41), total touchdowns (51) and passer efficiency (181.43) and No. 11 in completion percentage (.672)
- In six games against teams ranked in the final College Football Playoff poll, accounted for 17 touchdowns and averaged 280 yards per game of total offense
- Named a "champion" by the Ohio State coaching staff nine times and was the Offensive Player of the Game following wins over Florida Atlantic, Indiana, Northwestern and Rutgers
- Accounted for multiple touchdowns in 13 of Ohio State's 14 games
- Became just the third Ohio State quarterback in the last 50 years – Rex Kern and Craig Krenzel are the others – to win each of his first 13 games as the Buckeyes' starting QB
- Member of the 2020 Davey O'Brien Award Preseason Watch List
- Enrolled at Ohio State is January of 2019 after spending his freshmen season at the University of Georgia
Honors & Awards
- Big Ten Graham-George Offensive Player of the Year and Griese-Brees Quarterback of the Year
- First Team All-Big Ten (coaches and media)
- Chicago Tribune Silver Football
- Preseason second-team All-American by the Associated Press
- Heisman Trophy finalist
- Big Ten Graham-George Offensive Player of the Year and Griese-Brees Quarterback of the Year
- Davey O'Brien Award finalist
- First Team All-Big Ten (coaches and media)
- Second-team All-American
- Big Ten Football Championship Game MVP
- Second team All-American by the Walter Camp Football Foundation, CBS Sports, Associated Press, American Football Coaches Association and Football Writers Association of America
Justin Fields: 'Excited to see where I can improve' | Press Conference
Quarterback Justin Fields meets with the media before Wednesday's practice at Halas Hall.
Justin Fields: 'I'm just gonna keep grinding' | Press Conference
Quarterback Justin Fields meets with the media following the Bears' 20-17 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals.
Justin Fields on first NFL touchdown | Press Conference
Rookie quarterback Justin Fields discusses his first career touchdown in the Bear's 34-13 loss to the Rams on Sunday night.
Justin Fields runs for first NFL TD
Bears QB Justin Fields finds the end zone from 3 yards out to earn his first NFL touchdown.
Justin Fields talks preseason win vs. Titans | Press Conference
Quarterback Justin Fields meets with the media following the Bears' preseason victory over the Tennessee Titans.
Justin Fields drops dime to Jesper Horsted for TD
Bears QB Justin Fields scrambles to his right and makes a great throw on the run to TE Jesper Horsted, who makes a great catch in the end zone for a touchdown.
Justin Fields focused on finding rhythm vs. Titans | Press Conference
Quarterback Justin Fields meets with the media following Tuesday's training camp practice at Halas Hall.
Justin Fields talks preseason game vs. Bills | Press Conference
Quarterback Justin Fields meets with the media following the Bears' preseason loss to the Buffalo Bills.
Justin Fields escapes pocket, scrambles for first down
Bears QB Justin Fields gets flushed out of the pocket and races 16 yards to pick up a first down.
Jesse James lays out, makes spectacular diving catch
TE Jesse James dives to make a highlight-reel catch of a Justin Fields throw to get the Bears into the red zone.
Justin Fields talks his performance vs. Dolphins | Press Conference
Quarterback Justin Fields meets with the media following the Bears' 20-13 preseason victory over the Miami Dolphins.
Justin Fields finds Riley Ridley with cross-body throw
Bears quarterback Justin Fields throws across his body to complete a 17-yard pass to receiver Riley Ridley.
Can't-Miss Play: Rodney Adams makes spectacular catch
Bears receiver Rodney Adams leaps high in the air to snag a Justin Fields pass.
Justin Fields scrambles left, rushes for 8-yard TD
Bears quarterback Justin Fields drops back, runs to his left and finds the end zone for an 8-yard touchdown.
Justin Fields shows speed on 21-yard scramble
Bears quarterback Justin Fields turns on the jets and picks up 21 yards for a first down.
Justin Fields uncorks 30-yard TD to Jesse James
Bears quarterback Justin Fields rolls right, throws back to the left and finds a wide open Jesse James, who backpedals into the end zone for a touchdown.
Justin Fields: 'Greatness doesn't happen overnight, it's a process' | Press Conference
Quarterback Justin Fields addresses the media on Monday following Dr Pepper Zero Sugar Chicago Bears Training Camp at Halas Hall.
Justin Fields Meet The Rookies
Justin Fields has been showered with honors throughout his football career, but the quarterback is nowhere near satisfied. From his time being followed by the documentary series "QB1: Beyond the Lights" as a senior in high school, Fields has constantly been in the spotlight and now, he is in Chicago as the newest first-round draft choice of the Bears.
Justin Fields meets with gunshot victim
Rookie quarterback Justin Fields met with lifelong Bears fan Scott Morrow, a recent victim of gun violence, after hearing Morrow's story on the radio and gifted him a signed jersey.
Meet the Rookies 2021 Trailer
The Chicago Bears will launch their three-part documentary series "Meet the Rookies" brought to you by Dr Pepper Zero Sugar on Tuesday, featuring behind-the-scenes footage with offensive lineman Teven Jenkins, running back Khalil Herbert and quarterback Justin Fields. The series tells the story of each player's journey to the National Football League in their own words. This marks the seventh year of the Bears "Meet the Rookies" series. From Tuesday through Thursday, one episode will be released per day at 8 a.m.
Fields focused on improving every day
Quarterback Justin Fields meets with the media following Thursday's veteran minicamp practice at Halas Hall.
Fields talks rookie minicamp
Quarterback Justin Fields meets with the Chicago media before Day 1 of rookie minicamp at Halas Hall.
NFLN: Reasons to be excited about Fields
NFL Network's Stacey Dales explains why Justin Fields is such an appealing prospect, breaks down what scouts have to say about the QB and discusses what he can bring to an offense.
NFLN: Fields among draft's best values
NFL Network's Cynthia Frelund explains why the Bears' selection of Justin Fields with the No. 11 overall pick was the draft's biggest steal and how some scouts had Fields ranked as the top QB prospect going into the draft.
Fields approaching first start with same mindset
Bears rookie quarterback Justin Fields is preparing to make his first NFL start Sunday in Cleveland with the same even-keeled mentality he employed at Ohio State and in his first two regular-season games this year.
Nagy reveals Fields will start Sunday in Cleveland
With veteran Andy Dalton unable to play due to a knee injury, rookie quarterback Justin Fields will make his first NFL start Sunday when the Bears visit the Browns. Coach Matt Nagy made the announcement Wednesday before practice.
5 things we learned from Bears GM Ryan Pace
Speaking to the media Wednesday at Halas Hall, general manager Ryan Pace shared his thoughts on a variety of different topics as the Bears prepare for the start of the 2021 regular season.
Nagy announces plan for QBs in preseason finale
With Andy Dalton set to start the Bears' regular season opener against the Rams, the veteran quarterback will watch from the sideline as rookie Justin Fields opens Saturday's preseason finale in Tennessee.
Quick Hits: Adams caps whirlwind weekend with TD
Less than 24 hours after Rodney Adams and his wife welcomed their first child into the world, the Bears receiver made a sensational catch and turned it into a 73-yard touchdown in Saturday's preseason loss to the Bills.
Nagy reveals how much QBs will play Saturday
Bears coach Matt Nagy divulged Thursday how much starting quarterback Andy Dalton and backup Justin Fields are expected to play in Saturday's preseason game against the Bills.
After Dalton exits, Fields to 'get a lot of reps' in preseason opener
After revealing Wednesday that starting quarterback Andy Dalton will likely play 8-10 snaps in Saturday's preseason opener against the Dolphins, coach Matt Nagy said Thursday that rookie backup Justin Fields is expected to play into the second half.
Quick Hits: Gipson primed to excel in second year
After adjusting to a new position as a rookie last year, Bears outside linebacker Trevis Gipson is much more comfortable with his role in the defense entering his second NFL season.
Bears QBs Dalton, Fields, Foles share thoughts
Bears quarterbacks Andy Dalton, Justin Fields and Nick Foles all spoke to the media Monday at Halas Hall. Here's the latest news on the trio.
6 things we learned from Bears coordinators
Bears coordinators Bill Lazor (offense), Sean Desai (defense) and Chris Tabor (special teams) spoke to reporters Friday about Andy Dalton's grasp of the offense, the need to generate more takeaways on defense and more.
Bears launch 'Meet the Rookies' documentary
As training camp looms, fans can take an in-depth look at Bears draft picks Justin Fields, Teven Jenkins and Khalil Herbert via the "Meet the Rookies" video series.
Bears 2021 position preview: Quarterback
The Bears will kick off training camp later this month with a revamped quarterback position that features veteran free-agent acquisition Andy Dalton and rookie first-round draft pick Justin Fields.
Fields' focus will remain on football during time off
After making great strides in offseason practices, Bears rookie quarterback Justin Fields will continue to study the playbook and hone his game in the weeks leading up to training camp.
Roster Move: Bears sign first-round pick Fields
The Bears on Friday signed rookie first-round draft pick Justin Fields, a quarterback from Ohio State, to a four-year contract. They have now inked six of their seven 2021 draft selections to contracts.
Fields impresses in first Bears minicamp practice
Justin Fields made a positive first impression in his first NFL practice Friday at Bears rookie minicamp—hardly a surprising development given the young quarterback's résumé and reputation.
Numbers game: Jackson switching from 39 to 4
The Bears announced Thursday that safety Eddie Jackson is changing jersey numbers from No. 39 to No. 4 and also revealed the numbers that have been assigned to their rookies.
Day's description of Fields stuck with Nagy
During a phone conversation last year, a term that Ohio State coach Ryan Day used to describe quarterback Justin Fields made a lasting impression on Bears coach Matt Nagy.
Bears receive high marks for impressive draft
The Bears nearly earned straight A's from national analysts for a 2021 draft class headed by quarterback Justin Fields and tackle Teven Jenkins.
Nagy shares thoughts on Bears landing Fields
Like the rest of Bears nation, coach Matt Nagy was thrilled that the team was able to shrewdly trade up nine spots in the first round of the draft to take Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields.
9 things we learned about Fields on Zoom call
Introduced to the Chicago media via a video call from Halas Hall Friday, Bears first-round pick Justin Fields discussed the strong support he's received from Bears fans, the NFL quarterback he continues to emulate and more.
Bears feel Fields in ideal situation to succeed
General manager Ryan Pace is confident that the Bears will provide rookie quarterback Justin Fields with an ideal environment to help him reach his high ceiling.
11 fun facts about Bears drafting Fields 11th
Check out senior writer Larry Mayer's 11 interesting tidbits about the Bears taking Justin Fields with the 11th pick in the draft, including the last quarterback taken in that spot—one who is very familiar to Bears fans.
They Said It: Reaction to selection of Fields
Here's what local and national writers are saying about the Bears trading up to choose Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields with the 11th pick in the draft.
Bears trade up to draft QB Justin Fields
The Bears boldly traded up nine spots in the first round of the NFL Draft Thursday night to select Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields with the No. 11 overall pick.
Justin Fields visits Soldier Field | Behind the Scenes
Before heading back home from his first weekend as a Chicago Bear, rookie QB Justin Fields took in a private tour of our home stadium.
Bears 2021 Draft Picks
Fields, Jenkins, Borom, Herbert, Newsome, Graham & Tonga. See photos of all the new Bears rookies selected in the 2021 NFL Draft.
2021 Draft portraits: Justin Fields & Teven Jenkins
You've seen the Bears' top two picks on the field. Now take a look at Justin Fields & Teven Jenkins without helmets or uniforms as they posed for the cameras ahead of the 2021 NFL Draft.
Justin Fields arrives in Chicago | Behind the Scenes
Get an exclusive look at new Bears QB Justin Fields touching down in the Windy City and visiting Halas Hall for the first time one day after being drafted 11th overall.