|1||Packers||L 20 - 38||9||27||3||12||0||3||37||12.3||19||0|
|2||@Buccaneers||L 17 - 27||7||35||5||8||0||1||23||23||23||0|
|3||@Chiefs||L 10 - 41||7||31||4.4||11||0||2||4||2||5||0||1||1|
|4||Broncos||L 28 - 31||18||103||5.7||24||0||4||19||4.8||10||1|
|5||@Commanders||W 40 - 20||10||76||7.6||34||0||0||0||0||0|
|11||@Lions||L 26 - 31||16||35||2.2||9||0||2||6||3||5||0|
|12||@Vikings||W 12 - 10||6||24||4||8||0||2||14||7||13||0|
- Selected with the 217th overall pick in the sixth round of the 2021 NFL Draf
- Rushed for a career-high 157 yards on 20 carries in the Bears Week 3 victory over Houston
- Played in every game his rookie season
- Recorded a career-high 128 kickoff return yards at the Packers Week 14 of the 2021 season
- Finished his rookie season with 433 rushing yards on 103 carries, two touchdowns and 650 kickoff return yards
2022 SEASON (Bears):
- Played a role both on offense and special teams in the Week 1 win vs. San Francisco, helping extend Chicago's lead with his first rushing touchdown of the season in the 4th quarter with 7:21 remaining
- Ran the ball four times for 38 yards in Week 2 at Green Bay while also catching one pass for three yards
- In Week 3 vs. Houston, scored two touchdowns and rushed for a career-high 157 yards on 20 carries (7.9 avg.), finishing with the seventh-highest rushing yardage total in a single game by a Bears player going back to the 2000-01 season and surpassing Jordan Howard's 153-yard performance on Oct. 31, 2016, against the Vikings
- Herbert's two rushing touchdowns in the Week 3 contest mark his first-career game with 2+ rushing touchdowns
- Started at running back for the third time in his career, rushing 19 times for 77 yards while also catching one pass for 24 yards at New York in Week 4
- Had four carries for 11 yards against the Vikings in Week 5
- Broke off a 64-yard rush with 14:01 remaining in the second quarter against the Commanders in Week 6
- That run now stands as the longest single run of his career, surpassing a 52-yard run he recorded in Week 3 vs. Houston
- Finished the Week 6 contest with 75 yards on seven carries
- Got on the score sheet in the Week 7 win at New England, taking a screen pass from Justin Fields 25 yards for the second Bears touchdown of the game to round off a nine-play, 75-yard drive
- Was his fourth touchdowns on the season and sixth in his career, with this marking his first receiving touchdown
- Finished the game with 12 carries for 62 yards
- In Week 8 at Dallas, ended the afternoon as the Bears leading rusher with 16 carries for 99 yards
- Found the end zone with 9:42 to go in the third quarter, narrowing a (then) 28-23 Bears deficit
- It was Herbert's fourth touchdown on the season and the sixth of his career ... Finished Week 9 vs. Miami with seven rushes for 23 yards, while also taking one kick return back 30 yards
- Against the Lions in Week 10, returned Chicago's first kickoff 50 yards to the Bears' 49-yard line
- It was Chicago's longest kickoff return of the season to date, the previous season-high being a trio of 30-yard returns
- In addition to the return, he finished with 57 yards on 10 rushing attempts.
- Made his return from IR vs. Buffalo in Week 16 and had six rushes for seven yards while also catching a pair of passes
- Rushed five times for 31 yards at Detroit in Week 17
- In the final regular season contest vs. Minnesota, rushed 10 times for 50 yards and caught one pass
2021 SEASON (Bears):
- Played in every game of the 2021 season with two starts
- Recorded 433 rushing yards on 103 carries and two touchdowns throughout the season
- His 433 rushing yards were the second most by any Bears player in the 2021 season
- During his NFL debut, he totaled 106 kickoff-returns yards at the Rams and recorded his longest kickoff return to date, a 50-yarder
- Finished the season with 650 kickoff return yards on 27 returns (24.1 avg.)
- Registered 95 all-purpose yards in the Week 3 matchup vs. the Browns
- Led the team with a season-high 75 rushing yards in the Week 5 victory at the Raiders
- Made his first-career start vs. the Packers in Week 6 and rushed for 97 yards; he also recorded his first career touchdown on the Bears first drive of the game, rushing for 1-yard with 6:45 left in the first quarter
- Rushed for a season-high and team-high 100 yards in Week 7 at the Buccaneers, including a season-long 29-yard run in the first quarter
- Rushed for 72 yards to contribute to the Bears 176 total rushing yards in Week 8 vs. the 49ers
- Recorded his second-longest kickoff return to date (33 yards) in the Week 12 win at the Lions
- Recorded a season-high 128 kickoff return yards at the Packers Week 14
- Recorded his best receiving average of the season Week 15 vs. the Vikings (11.3 avg.), hauling in three passes for 34 yards
- Ran in Chicago's second rushing touchdown of the day in the Week 16 win at Seattle, a 20-yard carry with 7:13 to go in the third quarter. It marked the Bears' longest rushing touchdown by a running back and the second-longest rushing touchdown by a Bears player in 2021
My Cause My Cleats 2023
Bears players and staff will wear customized shoes and cleats representing a chosen nonprofit. Khalil Herbert, Tyrique Stevenson, and T.J. Edwards share why they chose their nonprofit.
HIGHLIGHT: Khalil Herbert explodes for 34-yard gain
Khalil Herbert finds a hole for a 34-yard pickup.
HIGHLIGHT: Khalil Herbert refuses to go down on 16-yard run
Khalil Herbert keeps churning his legs for a 16-yard pickup.
Kmet, Herbert, Moore, Edmunds postgame media availability | Press Conference
Tight end Cole Kmet, running back Khalil Herbert, wide receiver DJ Moore and linebacker Tremaine Edmunds meet the media following the Bears' Week 4 game against the Broncos.
HIGHLIGHT: Khalil Herbert bursts through for 24-yard run
Bears running back Khalil Herbert speeds through the hole for a 24-yard pickup.
HIGHLIGHT: Justin Fields escapes pressure to throw FOURTH TD pass of game
Justin Fields avoids Broncos defenders to find running back Khalil Herbert for a 2-yard touchdown pass.
Khalil Herbert, Jaylon Johnson on execution | Press Conference
Running back Khalil Herbert and defensive back Jaylon Johnson address the media on Monday at Halas Hall.
Khalil Herbert's first catch of 2023 goes for 19-yard gain
Bears running back Khalil Herbert gains 19 yards on a screen pass from quarterback Justin Fields.
Khalil Herbert runs it in for 2-point conversion
Bears running back Khalil Herbert finds the end zone to convert the two-point attempt.
Johnson, Herbert, Santos speak on preparation | Press Conference
Defensive back Jaylon Johnson, running back Khalil Herbert and kicker Cairo Santos address the media on Monday at Halas Hall
Locker room media availability after win over Titans | Press Conference
Receiver DJ Moore, running back Khalil Herbert, defensive back Tyrique Stevenson, defensive linemen Zacch Pickens and linebacker Trevis Gipson meet the media following the Bears' preseason victory over the Titans.
Another one! Khalil Herbert speeds for 56-yard score
Running back Khalil Herbert outraces the Titans defense on a 56-yard touchdown.
Herbert, Jones, Pickens on perfecting technique | Press Conference
Running back Khalil Herbert, offensive lineman Braxton Jones, and defensive lineman Zacch Pickens address the media on Wednesday at Halas Hall.
Khalil Herbert, Jack Sanborn, T.J. Edwards on being competitors | Press Conference
Running back Khalil Herbert and linebackers Jack Sanborn and T.J. Edwards address the media at Halas Hall on Thursday.
Whitehair, Herbert, Gordon on OTAs | Press Conference
Offensive lineman Cody Whitehair, running back Khalil Herbert and defensive back Kyler Gordon address the media on Wednesday at Halas Hall.
Herbert, Kmet, Santos, Johnson discuss preparing for frigid conditions vs. Bills | Press Conference
Running back Khalil Herbert, tight end Cole Kmet, kicker Cairo Santos and defensive back Jaylon Johnson address the media after practice on Wednesday at Halas Hall.
Khalil Herbert I Big Guys in a Benz
Bears running back Khalil Herbert and Anthony "Spice" Adams chat about first jobs and childhood foods in this edition of "Big Guys in a Benz."
Khalil Herbert traverses a ton of field on 50-yard kick return
Bears running back Khalil Herbert gains 50 yards on a kick return.
Khalil Herbert carries defenders like Earl Campbell on 12-yard run
Bears running back Khalil Herbert powers through the Lions defense for a 12-yard pickup.
Khalil Herbert | Player Profile
From sixth-round draft pick to one of the league leaders in rushing, Khalil Herbert has broken out in his sophomore season.
Khalil Herbert and Dominique Robinson on the run game vs. Cowboys | Press Conference
Running back Khalil Herbert and defensive end Dominique Robinson address the media on Monday at Halas Hall.
Khalil Herbert shows off vision, agility on 12-yard TD run
Bears running back Khalil Herbert puts his foot in the ground, cuts upfield and finds the end zone from 12 yards out.
Justin Fields pump fakes defender, changes arm angle on screen TD to Khalil Herbert
Quarterback Justin Fields pump fakes to get a Patriots defender in the air before sidearming the ball to Khalil Herbert, who takes it 25 yards for a touchdown.
Khalil Herbert: 'I'm more focused on what I can do better' | Press Conference
Running back Khalil Herbert addresses the media on Tuesday at Halas Hall.
Poles excited for Fields, Herbert to return to action
General manager Ryan Poles spoke with Jeff Joniak Sunday on the Bears pregame radio show on ESPN 1000 AM and 100.3 HD2 FM.
Bears add Herbert, two others to active roster
The Bears on Saturday activated RB Khalil Herbert off injured reserve and flexed LBs Micah Baskerville and DeMarquis Gates from the practice squad to the active roster in advance of Sunday's game in Detroit.
Herbert seeks to take next step as all-around back
Bears running back Khalil Herbert has improved his pass protection and receiving skills in an effort to become more of an every-down back.
Bears 2023 position preview: Special teams
The Bears' special teams feature the most accurate field-goal kicker in franchise history and the longest tenured player on their roster.
Bears 2023 position preview: Running back
The Bears boast talent and depth at running back, with returning third-year pro Khalil Herbert being joined by free-agent addition D'Onta Foreman and fourth-round draft pick Roschon Johnson.
Bears produce creative schedule release video
The Bears went Hollywood with their 2023 schedule release video, which features a slew of familiar faces as well as an homage to a popular TV show and an iconic Italian beef joint.
Senior Bowl stars share bond with Bears players
NFL prospects participating in the Senior Bowl this week spoke to ChicagoBears.com about playing in college with current Bears Justin Fields, Darnell Mooney and others.
Bears roster boasts core of young talent
The foundation that Bears general manager Ryan Poles and coach Matt Eberflus built in their first season together is fueled by 20 promising players who are all 25 or younger.
Bears put Johnson, Vildor on IR; activate Herbert | Roster Moves
The Bears on Friday placed CBs Jaylon Johnson and Kindle Vildor on injured reserve, activated RB Khalil Herbert and added CB Breon Borders, WR Nsima Webster and TE Chase Allen to the active roster.
Khalil Herbert expected to return from IR | Quick Hits
Bears running back Khalil Herbert is expected to return to practice and be activated off injured reserve this week in advance of Saturday's home game against the Bills.
How will Bears replace Herbert? | Chalk Talk
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses how the Bears will replace injured running back Khalil Herbert, quarterbacks with a 50-yard TD run and pass in the same game and why Lions CB Jeff Okudah wasn't penalized for knocking down Cole Kmet.
Roster Moves: Bears put Herbert on IR, waive Jonathan
The Bears on Tuesday placed running back Khalil Herbert on injured reserve and waived defensive end Kingsley Jonathan.
Herbert laments missed opportunity from 1-yard line
Khalil Herbert covered 99.1 yards on his career-long 64-yard run last Thursday night against the Commanders. But it was the inches that he failed to gain five plays later that kept the Bears running back awake until the wee hours of the morning.
Super sub Khalil Herbert provides huge boost
Just like he did last year, Bears running back Khalil Herbert personified the next-man-up philosophy in Sunday's 23-20 win over the Texans, rushing for 157 yards and two touchdowns after David Montgomery exited with an injury.
Bears run game will be key in opener
While all eyes will be on quarterback Justin Fields Sunday when the Bears open the season against the 49ers, success on the ground will also be key to the offense's success.
Late-bloomer Khalil Herbert blossoming with Bears
Employing the same resolve and determination that helped him emerge from the shadow of his older brothers, Bears second-year pro Khalil Herbert has transformed himself into a promising NFL running back.
Bears 2022 position preview: Special teams
The Bears' special teams are led by Cairo Santos, who has eclipsed Robbie Gould as the most accurate kicker in franchise history, having made 89.1 percent of his field goals (57 of 64).
Bears 2022 position preview: Running back
Running back is arguably the Bears' deepest position heading into training camp, featuring starter David Montgomery, backup Khalil Herbert and rookie sixth-round pick Trestan Ebner.
Quinn, Herbert presented with Brian Piccolo Awards
The Bears on Tuesday honored linebacker Robert Quinn and running back Khalil Herbert as the 2021 winners of the prestigious Brian Piccolo Award during a ceremony at Halas Hall.
College teammates not surprised by Herbert's success
As a sixth-round draft pick, running back Khalil Herbert exceeded expectations as a Bears rookie last season, especially when he filled in for injured starter David Montgomery. But not everyone was surprised by Herbert's performance.
Evaluating development of Bears' 2021 draft class
All seven of the players the Bears selected in the 2021 draft contributed as rookies. With their first NFL seasons in the books, here's a report card on the 2021 draft class, with insight from their position coaches.
5 things we learned from Bears position coaches
Bears position coaches spoke to the media Monday at Halas Hall about running back Khalil Herbert, the involvement of tight ends Cole Kmet and Jesse James in the passing game and more.
Chalk Talk: How does Herbert compare to other backs?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses how Bears rookie Khalil Herbert stacks up statistically to other NFL running backs, how the Bears have fared following lopsided losses and the player the Bears missed most against the Buccaneers.
Bears rookie Herbert's comfort level growing
Having catapulted from third on the depth chart to the starting running back position in less than two weeks, Bears rookie Khalil Herbert continues to benefit from the experience he's gaining.