Chicagobears.com | The Official Website of the Chicago Bears
|3||@Falcons||W 30 - 26||2||21||10.5||17||0||3||20||6.7||20||0|
|2||Giants||W 17 - 13||5||12||2.4||5||0||1||15||15||15||0|
|1||@Lions||W 27 - 23||7||41||5.9||16||0||2||6||3||3||0|
RB FB Career
- Finished his third NFL season in 2019
- 2018 Pro Bowl selection and Associated Press All-Pro
- Has appeared in 48 career games with 22 starts, rushing for 1,027 yards on 250 carries (4.1 avg) and five touchdowns while adding 203 receptions for 1,534 yards (7.6 avg) and nine touchdowns
- Has two passing touchdowns in his career; threw a 21-yard touchdown at BAL (10/15/17) in his rookie season, becoming shortest player since 1934 to throw an NFL touchdown pass, and threw the game-tying one-yard touchdown to Anthony Miller as time expired at NYG (12/2/18) to force overtime
- Adds 95 punt returns for 985 yards (10.4 avg) and one touchdown and 30 kickoff returns for 628 yards (20.9 avg)
- Set a franchise record for all-purpose yards in a rookie debut (158) vs. ATL (9/17)
- Became the first NFL rookie to record a rushing, receiving, passing and punt return touchdown since Gale Sayers in 1965
- His 53 receptions in 2017 were the third most for a rookie in franchise history
- Has recorded a reception in all 48 career games, which is tied for first in the NFL among active running backs
- Passed Matt Forte for the most receiving yards by Bear in their first 40 games
- His 203 receptions since 2017 ranks fourth in the NFL among running backs over that span
HONORS & AWARDS:
- 2017: Brian Piccolo Award
- 2018: Pro Bowl selection, AP All-Pro, Sporting News All-Pro, PFWA All-NFL
2019 SEASON (Bears):
- Appeared in 16 games with 11 starts, rushing 64 times for 213 yards and adding a career-high 79 receptions for 456 yards and three touchdowns
- Caught his first TD in Week 4 vs. MIN before catching TD passes in back-to-back weeks in Week 10 and 11 vs. the Lions and at the Rams
- Recorded a career-long 71-yard punt return at OAK in Week 5
- 9.2 yard avg on punt returns ranked 2nd in the NFL this season (min. 2 per game)
- Voted a Pro Bowl alternate as a punt returner
2018 SEASON (Bears):
- Selected to his first Pro Bowl as a return specialist
- Named an Associated Press All-Pro
- Appeared in all 16 games (seven starts), recording 444 rushing yards on 99 attempts (4.5 avg) and three touchdowns
- Added team-leading 725 receiving yards on 71 receptions (10.2 avg) and five touchdowns
- Tossed a one-yard passing touchdown (12/2 at NYG) to force overtime
- Also recorded a career-high in receiving yards (156), receptions (12) and yards from scrimmage (186) at NYG in Week 13
- Added 33 punt returns for 411 yards (12.5 avg)
- Recorded back-to-back games of 100+ yards from scrimmage (174 vs. TB, 121 at MIA) and had four such games that season
- Tied a career-long with a 70-yard touchdown catch vs. NYJ (10/28)
- Ranks third in the NFL among running backs in receiving yards and lead all running backs with seven catches of 25+ yards
- Caught 3 passes for 27 yards in Wild Card playoff game vs. PHI (1/6/19)
2017 SEASON (Bears):
- Appeared in all 16 games (four starts)
- Was second on the team with 53 receptions and third with 353 yards Also second on the team in rushing with 87 carries for 370 yards and two TDs
- Finished tied for third in the NFL among rookie RBs with 53 receptions, tied with Kansas City's Kareem Hunt and trailing only New Orleans' Alvin Kamara (81) and Carolina's Christian McCaffrey (80)
- Threw a 21-yard passing touchdown at BAL (10/15), becoming shortest player since 1934 to throw an NFL touchdown pass
- Caught a season long 70-yard pass vs. CAR (10/22), the longest reception by a Bear in 2017
- Had 29 punt returns for 272 yards (9.4 avg) and 1 touchdown and 26 kickoff returns for 583 yards (22.4 avg)
- Set a franchise record for all-purpose yards in a rookie debut (158) vs. ATL (9/17)
- Rushed for a season-high 80 yards on 12 carries (6.7 avg) in the Week 14 win at Cincinnati
- Became the first NFL rookie since Gale Sayers in 1965 and the first NFL player since Terry Metcalf in 1975 to score touchdowns via rushing, receiving, passing and punt return in a single season
- Teamed up with Jordan Howard as the Bears rushed for 222 yards (Howard 140, Cohen 78) in the OT victory over the Steelers in Week 3, marking just the fourth time in Mike Tomlin's 11 years in Pittsburgh in which the Steelers allowed 200+ yards rushing
Cohen takes screen pass for 20-yard gain
Bears RB Tarik Cohen takes a screen pass from QB Nick Foles for 20 yards.
Cohen on his contract extension
Running back Tarik Cohen meets with the media Tuesday at Halas Hall.
Cohen: 'Our run game was rolling early'
Running back Tarik Cohen meets with the media before Thursday's practice at Halas Hall.
Cohen talks Trubisky, facing the Lions
Running back Tarik Cohen meets with the media before Wednesday's practice at Halas Hall.
Cohen: 'I've got to ball out this year'
Running back Tarik Cohen meets with the media after Tuesday's practice at Halas Hall.
NFLN: Cohen discusses value of attending HBCUs
Chicago Bears running back Tarik Cohen joins Indianapolis Colts linebacker Darius Leonard and NFL Network's Jim Trotter and Steve Wyche to discuss the value of attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
Cohen on becoming a leader in RB room
Bears running back Tarik Cohen meets with the media Thursday via video conference call.
Cohen, Miller visit North Chicago Firehouse
Tarik Cohen and Anthony Miller visit with firefighters and a special high school football coach in North Chicago.
Tarik Cohen meets fans at Bears Fit
Bears running back Tarik Cohen met fans at Bears Fit, a Bears-themed fitness center in Vernon Hills, to sign autographs, take photos and promote his new hat line with New Era.
Cohen: We took too long to get anything going
Running back Tarik Cohen addresses the media following a Week 15 loss to the Green Bay Packers.
Cohen: Consistency and confidence takes us to next level
Running back Tarik Cohen addresses the media on Thursday following practice at Halas Hall.
Cohen: We have to go on the field with confidence
Running back Tarik Cohen addresses the media following a Week 11 loss to the Los Angeles Rams.
Cohen on facing the Rams: We look forward to the challenge
Running back Tarik Cohen addresses the media on Wednesday prior to practice at Halas Hall.
Big Guys in a Benz | Cohen and Montgomery
Tarik Cohen and David Montgomery go for a ride with Spice Adams in another edition of Big Guys in a Benz.
Cohen on the offensive success against the Lions
Running back Tarik Cohen addresses the media on Sunday following a Week 10 victory against the Detroit Lions.
Letters to a veteran - Tarik Cohen
Danny Dudek is a US Army veteran from Chicago that was wounded in Baghdad. Hear his story and hear the letter that his favorite player, Tarik Cohen, wrote to thank Danny for his service and sacrifice.
Cohen on Sunday's loss to Saints: Too many things beat us
Running back Tarik Cohen addresses the media on Sunday following a loss to the New Orleans Saints.
Cohen: We're more hungrier than we are patient
Running back Tarik Cohen addresses the media on Thursday prior to practice at Halas Hall.
Thayer's Playbook: Cohen's effectiveness out of the backfield
Chicago Bears analyst Tom Thayer takes a look at game film and breaks down Tarik Cohen's impact in the Bears' victory over the Denver Broncos.
Cohen on Vic Fangio: He's a mob boss
Running back Tarik Cohen addresses the media on Monday after practice at Halas Hall.
Cohen talks about preparing for Green Bay
Running back Tarik Cohen addresses the media after Tuesday's practice at Halas Hall.
Tarik Cohen, David Montgomery reveal how they'll dominate in '19
Chicago Bears running backs Tarik Cohen and David Montgomery reveal how they'll dominate together in 2019.
Tarik Cohen on winning Black College Football Pro Player of the Year
Tarik Cohen joins "NFL Total Access" to talk about being named Black College Football Pro Player of the Year, the Bears' 2018 season and more.
Bears lose Cohen to apparent torn ACL
Running back Tarik Cohen may be out for the season after appearing to tear his ACL in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 30-26 road win over the Atlanta Falcons.
Cohen reflects on signing three-year extension
Tarik Cohen is confident that he'll rebound from a disappointing 2019 season and revert to the electrifying form he displayed in 2018. And he knows the Bears feel the same way after inking him to a new contract.
Bears sign Cohen to 3-year extension through 2023
Hours before their home opener Sunday against the Giants, the Bears signed running back Tarik Cohen to a three-year contract extension through the 2023 season.
Cohen looks to build momentum
After a solid rushing performance in the Week 1 win over the Lions, Bears running back Tarik Cohen looks to recapture his early career success.
Cohen ready for bounce back year
After a disappointing 2019, Bears running back Tarik Cohen is focused on regaining his 2018 form, saying: "The season I had last year was definitely not my best work. I definitely have to get that bitter taste out of my mouth."
Bears training camp preview: Special teams
After making his final 11 field-goal attempts in 2019, Bears kicker Eddy Piñeiro will look to pick up where he left off last season when he's challenged in training camp by free-agent signee Ramiz Ahmed.
Bears training camp preview: Running backs
The Bears have high expectations this season for top running backs David Montgomery and Tarik Cohen, who provide a strong complementary tandem in the backfield.
Cohen discusses family tragedy at football camp
Pain in Tarik Cohen's voice was evident when the Bears running back spoke to reporters about his younger brother, Dante Norman, who is paralyzed from the waist down after being shot in early June.
Oy vey! Cohen learns about Jewish culture
Although Tarik Cohen is not Jewish, his last name leads many to believe that he is. So the Bears running back spent part of his bye week at a New York City deli learning about Jewish culture.
London raves about dynamic duo in backfield
Speaking to reporters at training camp, running backs coach Charles London discussed Jordan Howard's determination, Tarik Cohen's energy and what it was like for Bears assistants to learn the team's new offense.
Cohen, Jackson still driven to prove critics wrong
After emerging as rookie playmakers last year, 2017 fourth-round picks Tarik Cohen and Eddie Jackson are motivated to both show they should have been drafted higher and take the next step in their second seasons.
Cohen relishes chance to fill multiple roles
As a runner, receiver, returner and even passer, Tarik Cohen has more identities than a covert CIA agent. But the versatile second-year pro enjoys the challenge "because you can make plays at a lot of different positions."
Offensive players to watch in training camp
Second-year quarterback Mitchell Trubisky tops a list of four key players to watch on offense when the Bears kick off training camp later this week in Bourbonnais.
Howard, Cohen give Bears a strong backfield
The Bears boast one of the NFL's most talented backfields, featuring the 1-2 punch of productive veteran Jordan Howard and dynamic second-year pro Tarik Cohen.
Cohen donates P.E. equipment to N.C. school
During an appearance this week at Hampton Elementary School in Greensboro, N.C., Bears running back Tarik Cohen spoke to students and donated P.E. equipment to replace items that had been destroyed by a tornado.
Versatile Cohen an excellent fit in offense
With his versatility and explosiveness, running back Tarik Cohen appears to be ideally suited for the new offense the Bears are installing under first-year coach Matt Nagy.
How is Leonard Floyd progressing?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses Leonard Floyd's recovery from a knee injury, the undrafted free agent with the best chance of making the roster and if Tarik Cohen and Taylor Gabriel will be on the field together.
Bears Care Gala held at Soldier Field
With 650 guests and 29 Bears players in attendance, the 23rd annual Bears Care Gala last Saturday night at the United Club in Soldier Field was a rousing success.
Bears Care to host annual charity gala on Saturday
The 23rd annual Bears Care Gala will be held on Saturday, May 19, at the Untied Club at Soldier Field. A limited number of tickets to the Gala are still available.
What numbers will draft picks wear?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses the uniform numbers Bears draft picks will wear, the likelihood of Jordan Howard's rushing yards declining this year and more.
Bears hosting Draft Party at Soldier Field
Former Bears first-round draft picks Mitchell Trubisky, Leonard Floyd and Kyle Fuller are among more than a dozen players slated to attend the 2018 Miller Lite Chicago Bears Draft Party from 4-10 p.m. Thursday at Soldier Field.
Which players have been drafted 8th?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses prospects who have been taken with the No. 8 pick in the draft that the Bears own this year and the college that has produced the most Bears draft picks.
Cohen, Cunningham receive Piccolo awards
The Bears on Tuesday honored running backs Tarik Cohen and Benny Cunningham as the 2017 winners of the prestigious Brian Piccolo Award during a ceremony at Halas Hall.
Capsules of 2018 Bears opponents
With the NFL regular-season schedule being released Thursday night, ChicagoBears.com senior writer Larry Mayer takes a capsule look at the Bears' 13 opponents.