- Has appeared in 51 career games with 22 starts, rushing for 1,101 yards on 264 carries and five touchdowns while adding 209 receptions for 1,575 yards and nine touchdowns
- Has recorded a reception in all 51 career games; his 209 receptions since 2017 ranked fourth in the NFL among running backs over that span before his injury
- Adds 96 punt returns for 985 yards (10.3 avg) and one touchdown and 30 kickoff returns for 628 yards (20.9 avg)
- Has two passing touchdowns in his career; threw a 21-yard touchdown at BAL (10/15/17) in his rookie season, becoming shortest player since 1934 to throw an NFL touchdown pass, and threw the game-tying one-yard touchdown to Anthony Miller as time expired at NYG (12/2/18) to force overtime
- Became the first NFL rookie to record a rushing, receiving, passing and punt return touchdown since Gale Sayers in 1965
- His 53 receptions in 2017 were the third most for a rookie in franchise history
- Passed Matt Forte for the most receiving yards by a Bears RB in their first 40 games
2018: Pro Bowl selection; Associated Press, Sporting News and PFWA All-Pro
2017: Brian Piccolo Award
2020 SEASON (Bears):
- Rushed 14 times for 74 yards (5.3 avg) and caught six passes for 41 yards in three games before suffering a season-ending knee injury at the Falcons in Week 3
- Rushed seven times for 41 yards and caught two passes for six yards in the Week 1 win at Detroit
2019 SEASON (Bears):
- Appeared in 16 games with 11 starts, rushing 64 times for 213 yards with a career-high 79 receptions for 456 yards and three TDs
- Caught his first TD of the season in Week 4 vs. the Vikings before catching TD passes in back-to-back weeks in Week 10 and 11 vs. the Lions and at the Rams
- Recorded a career-long 71-yard punt return at OAK in Week 5
- 9.2 yard avg on punt returns ranked second in the NFL (min. 2 per game)
- Voted a Pro Bowl alternate as a punt returner
2018 SEASON (Bears):
- Selected to his first Pro Bowl as a return specialist
- Named an Associated Press, Sporting News and PFWA All-Pro
- Appeared in all 16 games (seven starts), recording 444 rushing yards on 99 attempts (4.5 avg) and three touchdowns
- Added team-leading 725 receiving yards on 71 receptions (10.2 avg) and five touchdowns
- Added 33 punt returns for 411 yards (12.5 avg)
- Recorded a career-high in receiving yards (156), receptions (12) and yards from scrimmage (186) at NYG in Week 13; also tossed a one-yard touchdown to force overtime
- Recorded back-to-back games of 100+ yards from scrimmage (174 vs. TB, 121 at Miami) and had four such games that season
- Tied a career-long with a 70-yard touchdown catch vs. NYJ (10/28)
- Ranked third in the NFL among running backs in receiving yards and lead all running backs with seven catches of 25+ yards
- Caught 3 passes for 27 yards in Wild Card playoff game vs. Philadelphia (1/6/19)
2017 SEASON (Bears):
- Appeared in all 16 games (four starts) and was second on the team with 53 receptions and third with 353 yards
- Second on the team in rushing with 87 carries for 370 yards and two TDs
- Finished tied for third in the NFL among rookie RBs with 53 receptions, tied with Kansas City's Kareem Hunt and trailing only New Orleans' Alvin Kamara (81) and Carolina's Christian McCaffrey (80)
- Threw a 21-yard passing touchdown at Baltimore (10/15), becoming shortest player since 1934 to throw an NFL touchdown pass
- Caught a season long 70-yard pass vs. Carolina (10/22), the longest reception by a Bear in 2017
- Had 29 punt returns for 272 yards (9.4 avg) and 1 touchdown and 26 kickoff returns for 583 yards (22.4 avg
- Set a franchise record for all-purpose yards in a rookie debut (158) vs. Atlanta (9/17)
- Rushed for a season-high 80 yards on 12 carries (6.7 avg) in the Week 14 win at Cincinnati
- Became the first NFL rookie since Gale Sayers in 1965 and the first NFL player since Terry Metcalf in 1975 to score touchdowns via rushing, receiving, passing and punt return in a single season
Chalk Talk: Last time two Bears had at least 10 sacks?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses the last time two Bears teammates both reached double digits in sacks during the same season, the latest on Tarik Cohen's status and Bears players who have intercepted Tom Brady.
Chalk Talk: What's latest news on Tarik Cohen?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses Tarik Cohen's recovery from a torn ACL, the Bears' last undrafted offensive lineman to be voted to the Pro Bowl and the difference between a player being "waived" and "released."
Chalk Talk: What is Bears' vaccination rate?
Senior writer Larry Mayer discusses the Bears' COVID-19 vaccination rate, the latest on running back Tarik Cohen's recovery from a torn ACL and Bears players who have worn jersey No. 1.
Roster Move: Cohen, Newsome placed on PUP list
The Bears on Sunday placed veteran running back Tarik Cohen and rookie receiver Dazz Newsome on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list.
9 Bears players to watch during training camp
The Bears' three second-round picks in the last two drafts—Cole Kmet, Jaylon Johnson and Teven Jenkins—will be among the key players to watch when training camp kicks off next week.
Bears 2021 position preview: Special teams
Veteran kicker Cairo Santos is back with the Bears following a record-breaking 2020 season, having re-signed with the team along with holder/punter Pat O'Donnell and long-snapper Patrick Scales.
Bears 2021 position preview: Running back
Led by emerging third-year pro David Montgomery, the Bears boast a deep and talented group of running backs that also includes veteran free agent acquisition Damien Williams and versatile playmaker Tarik Cohen.
Bears have unearthed star players from HBCUs
From Hall of Fame legend Walter Payton to present-day running back Tarik Cohen, the Bears have discovered impactful players from Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
9 players to watch in 2021: Tarik Cohen
The Bears expect Tarik Cohen to once again be a key contributor on offense and special teams in 2021 as he returns from a torn ACL that forced him to miss the final 13 games in 2020.
Bears lose Cohen to apparent torn ACL
Running back Tarik Cohen may be out for the season after appearing to tear his ACL in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 30-26 road win over the Atlanta Falcons.
Cohen reflects on signing three-year extension
Tarik Cohen is confident that he'll rebound from a disappointing 2019 season and revert to the electrifying form he displayed in 2018. And he knows the Bears feel the same way after inking him to a new contract.
Bears sign Cohen to 3-year extension through 2023
Hours before their home opener Sunday against the Giants, the Bears signed running back Tarik Cohen to a three-year contract extension through the 2023 season.
Cohen looks to build momentum
After a solid rushing performance in the Week 1 win over the Lions, Bears running back Tarik Cohen looks to recapture his early career success.
Cohen ready for bounce back year
After a disappointing 2019, Bears running back Tarik Cohen is focused on regaining his 2018 form, saying: "The season I had last year was definitely not my best work. I definitely have to get that bitter taste out of my mouth."
Bears training camp preview: Special teams
After making his final 11 field-goal attempts in 2019, Bears kicker Eddy Piñeiro will look to pick up where he left off last season when he's challenged in training camp by free-agent signee Ramiz Ahmed.
Bears training camp preview: Running backs
The Bears have high expectations this season for top running backs David Montgomery and Tarik Cohen, who provide a strong complementary tandem in the backfield.
Cohen discusses family tragedy at football camp
Pain in Tarik Cohen's voice was evident when the Bears running back spoke to reporters about his younger brother, Dante Norman, who is paralyzed from the waist down after being shot in early June.
Oy vey! Cohen learns about Jewish culture
Although Tarik Cohen is not Jewish, his last name leads many to believe that he is. So the Bears running back spent part of his bye week at a New York City deli learning about Jewish culture.
London raves about dynamic duo in backfield
Speaking to reporters at training camp, running backs coach Charles London discussed Jordan Howard's determination, Tarik Cohen's energy and what it was like for Bears assistants to learn the team's new offense.
Cohen, Jackson still driven to prove critics wrong
After emerging as rookie playmakers last year, 2017 fourth-round picks Tarik Cohen and Eddie Jackson are motivated to both show they should have been drafted higher and take the next step in their second seasons.
Cohen relishes chance to fill multiple roles
As a runner, receiver, returner and even passer, Tarik Cohen has more identities than a covert CIA agent. But the versatile second-year pro enjoys the challenge "because you can make plays at a lot of different positions."
Offensive players to watch in training camp
Second-year quarterback Mitchell Trubisky tops a list of four key players to watch on offense when the Bears kick off training camp later this week in Bourbonnais.
Howard, Cohen give Bears a strong backfield
The Bears boast one of the NFL's most talented backfields, featuring the 1-2 punch of productive veteran Jordan Howard and dynamic second-year pro Tarik Cohen.
Cohen donates P.E. equipment to N.C. school
During an appearance this week at Hampton Elementary School in Greensboro, N.C., Bears running back Tarik Cohen spoke to students and donated P.E. equipment to replace items that had been destroyed by a tornado.